Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:57:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82935 times)
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:24:39 AM

Decentralized Hashing article on Marketplace trust, for those new to the idea.

^ reddit

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:03:22 AM

^ reddit

Good article
+1
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 08:29:30 AM

I think the trust rating feature has been working a treat. It seems people know how to use it and it has prevented a few people getting scammed. Which is always nice to see. Obviously doesn't stop all scams because people don't want to read and are to lazy the majority of the time.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

^ reddit

Good article.

What I find interesting is the way the system is being used.

Personally, I am using it to indicate who I trust and don't trust.  That is done by placing feedback on their page.  I make an effort to link to what is driving my opinion.  This helps me determine if I will be interested in doing trades with them in the future.

One result is individuals who I have indicated I do not trust have chosen to give me a negative mark in return.  Rather than address my concern about why I don't consider them trustworthy, instead they have chosen to "counter attack" me.  To me, this is a basic fault in the existing trust system.  Once distrust has been established, there is no process that rebuilds trust.  Those who I have marked as not being trustworthy have no recourse but to return that mark.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I will continue to use the system to indicate who I do and do not trust. My decisions will NOT be based on only trades.  They will be based on all behavioral clues, posts, public information and financial transactions.  Off color jokes, professed membership in racially intolerant organizations, and ridiculous Pollyannish views about anarchy and government will all be included in the assessment that I make, for my personal use.

If you wish to see my assessments, feel free to add me to your trust list with the "Depth" marker set at 1.  I offer no guarantees regarding my assessments but they are there for you to see.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:35:36 AM

Hmm.... why is my +xx decreasing when untrusted people gave me positive feedback? I'm sure it wasn't like this last time....
mateo

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:36:43 PM

What is the point in removing Default trust network when you add somebody?
Doesn't it discourage newbs from using the system?

BTC to the moon!
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:53:41 PM

Hmm.... why is my +xx decreasing when untrusted people gave me positive feedback? I'm sure it wasn't like this last time....
This is an easily exploitable problem...
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 10:59:03 PM

Wait, what?  At the least, I would expect a 0 trust rating to be neutral in value, not negative.

No. People who haven't done any trades (as far as the trust system knows) are dangerous.
Lolwut? Everyone trusted pirate and guess what, he was dangerous. But making people who don't use the trade section look like scammers is just fail.

Now i need someone to give some trust so i don't look like a scammer to the whole forum as my trust thing suddenly become yellow. Someone give me a +1, c'mon  Tongue

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:05:24 PM

But making people who don't use the trade section look like scammers is just fail.

Now i need someone to give some trust so i don't look like a scammer to the whole forum as my trust thing suddenly become yellow. Someone give me a +1, c'mon  Tongue
This bothers me, too. Just because I haven't traded with people in DefaultTrust is going to make me look untrustworthy. Never mind the year-old forum presence, OTC rating, etc.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:11:04 PM

Note that i am not saying that people should trust people with 0 trust. Remember: TRUST NO ONE

Just, trust 0 is just that: trust 0. Not positive, not negative. Why changing color? A different color means something other than "0".

MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:27:17 PM

Where is the discussion and basis for the Default Trust list?

It's a real slap in the face to see the guy who scammed me out of 28 BTC listed in the default trust list and my gut instinct is to distrust the person who puts this mistrust system on people as a default.

bapakece

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:32:24 PM

Is anyone selling trust feedback I can pay 0.01
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:36:53 PM

Is anyone selling trust feedback I can pay 0.01

Lol, I'm sure you can get people to leave you feedback for 80 cents.

If he's honestly paying, he could send first & the trust will be earned (he paid the promised .01 BTC (watch that decimal, it's 8 bucks & i like your new pic Smiley )
HenryRomp

Activity: 174

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 08:11:10 AM

It's a real slap in the face to see the guy who scammed me out of 28 BTC listed in the default trust list and my gut instinct is to distrust the person who puts this mistrust system on people as a default.

That was Theymos. He made everyone use his list as default. I and maybe one or two others thought it was a bad idea.

I like the concept of the trust system but really dislike the concept of a default trust list. Who says theymos knows who to trust and who not to? How do we know that he's not taking into account things like forum donations or private agreements/transactions when deciding who gets a place on the default list?

I will slowly add people to my trust list over time. I've been lurking on this forum for a long while now but I would still need to do extensive research on a case-by-case basis to determine who I trust.

I certainly see people on the default list that I specifically distrust, based on my own observations of their behavior over the last two years lurking on this forum.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:22:17 AM

That was Theymos. He made everyone use his list as default. I and maybe one or two others thought it was a bad idea.

I like the concept of the trust system but really dislike the concept of a default trust list. Who says theymos knows who to trust and who not to? How do we know that he's not taking into account things like forum donations or private agreements/transactions when deciding who gets a place on the default list?

I will slowly add people to my trust list over time. I've been lurking on this forum for a long while now but I would still need to do extensive research on a case-by-case basis to determine who I trust.

I certainly see people on the default list that I specifically distrust, based on my own observations of their behavior over the last two years lurking on this forum.

Is there anyway to remove the default trust?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:47:57 AM

Yes, simply enter something else and defaulttrust will disappear.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:55:48 AM

entering something else did nothing, it just went back to default trust.

setting depth to one makes the list smaller and setting it to zero eliminates it
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:59:07 AM

entering something else did nothing, it just went back to default trust.

setting depth to one makes the list smaller and setting it to zero eliminates it

bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:34:07 AM

Well i totally have no clue how this trust works i tried to set trust at someone but have no clue if it worked or not

This trust should be much easier to add or remove

Like just clicking + or - signs to add or remove trust and give it a max of 3 to 5 in either direction
And add advanced option to give the posibility to explain why you gave that rating.

Ofcourse now you can say your lazy and i would answer immediate yes i am xD
I want all to be done for me, instead of me lifting my lazy ass from my luxory chair and/or move my fingers more then 10 millimeters
Just typing this message make me so tired i need to rest 2 months in my warm bed to recover
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:39:27 AM

Lol good one

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: