Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 09:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with GTX 1080 Ti  (Read 2440 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:43:14 AM

I'm new to mining and I don't even know where to start so any help will greatly be appreciated. It's not a big rig or anything, I only have this one graphic card and I was wondering If I could generate any profit using it, the electricity here is not expensive so that won't be a problem I assume.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 07:52:13 AM

I'm new to mining and I don't even know where to start so any help will greatly be appreciated. It's not a big rig or anything, I only have this one graphic card and I was wondering If I could generate any profit using it, the electricity here is not expensive so that won't be a problem I assume.

I would not assume that electricity costs will be negligible, I would go ahead and take the time to calculate an estimate. Keep in mind that you'll be running your system for only one card, which does reduce your efficiency. (Instead of 6 or more GPUs making use of the motherboard/CPU/etc., you only have one, resulting in a smaller proportion of your electricity use going towards hashpower.

If you are brand-new to mining and just want simplicity and payouts in BTC, NiceHash does the job, although it doesn't always use the best mining software available, and the fees are relatively high. The minimum payout thresholds are also quite a pain.

If you're new and ready to dive in and get a bit more involved, I'd recommend getting a Zcash wallet and using some Zcash miners so you can avoid the inconveniences of NiceHash. For example, EWBF's CUDA miner. (You can look for instructions on setting up a config file or a batch file/shell script.) Nvidia cards tend to shine more on Zcash, but you could also try your luck with Ethereum.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:00:26 AM

equihash (ZEC, ZEN, HUSH, ZCL), tribus (DNR), and skunkhash (SIGT) all work well for Nvidia cards.
tariquemansuri

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:06:08 PM

Hi,

You can do Merged Mining Dogecoin and Litceoin.

http://altpool.poolarchy.com/
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:21:39 PM

Hi,

You can do Merged Mining Dogecoin and Litceoin.

http://altpool.poolarchy.com/

Mining scrypt coins with a GPU is generally significantly less profitable than ZEC, ETH, or other coins for which no asics are being distributed. This is even with the advantages of merged mining. Scrypt ASICs have made GPUs obsolete here.
Additionally, Nvidia GPUs generally do not perform that well on scrypt, especially when compared to "equivalent" GPUs produced by AMD.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:09:01 PM

You can try NiceHash or Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:01:18 AM

I'm not entirely sure how this NiceHash works? is a software for mining? because I've seen on their description that using their tools, you don't really need to configure anything, just a few clicks and you are ready to go. Is it possible to mine literally anything? or they support a few coins? I may have an idea about what to mine now.
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:17:31 AM

I have three 1080Ti for mining, so I could give you some suggestions. I think the first priority is mining Zcash, since 1080Ti and Nvidia Titan have the almost same speed for Zcash (around 700 sol/s), about $3.5 per day. For ETH or ETC, it has less efficiency, since the GDDR5X memory is not so suitable for Ethhash. You can also try to mine XMR or SIGT, especially XMR, since the XMR price increase a lot recently,  and SIGT is not so profitable as its beginning. For XMR or other CryptoNight algorithms, the hashrate will be around 1.1kH, that's really good speed, and around 16M hash/s for Skunkhash.

Name     Speed   
Zcash    700sol/s
XMR       1100 h/s
ETH        31M h/s
SIGT      16M h/s
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:31:26 AM

I have three 1080Ti for mining, so I could give you some suggestions. I think the first priority is mining Zcash, since 1080Ti and Nvidia Titan have the almost same speed for Zcash (around 700 sol/s), about $3.5 per day. For ETH or ETC, it has less efficiency, since the GDDR5X memory is not so suitable for Ethhash. You can also try to mine XMR or SIGT, especially XMR, since the XMR price increase a lot recently,  and SIGT is not so profitable as its beginning. For XMR or other CryptoNight algorithms, the hashrate will be around 1.1kH, that's really good speed, and around 16M hash/s for Skunkhash.

Name     Speed   
Zcash    700sol/s
XMR       1100 h/s
ETH        31M h/s
SIGT      16M h/s

Change your miner on SIGT. You should easily pull low 50s on a 1080ti

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Juniormkl

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

Name     Speed   
Zcash    700sol/s
XMR       1100 h/s
ETH        31M h/s
SIGT      16M h/s

What XMR miner are u using and what config to get those 1100 h/s? Thanks mate.
zer0k

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:51:07 PM

I'm doubtful of the claimed 1100h/s on XMR, but I'd love to be proved wrong Cheesy
Especially when the figures for zcash/eth/sigt are all lower than they should be!

I can only hit about 900 max on XMR with either ccminer or xmr-stak-nvidia and a bit of tweaking.

JWT

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:55:36 PM

SIGT 56
Z 730
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:01:44 PM

There's a TI related thread with a WEALTH of information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940567.0

As always, read read read and when you're done read some more.  Then come back with the questions, not to sound begrudging but MOST of what you could possibly want to know is already clearly spelled out across this forum and only a handful of threads.  I spent months absorbing information before I started to really dig and ask questions (more or less). 

Glad to help if you need something specific though, I have a 1080ti dedicated rig and run one in my standard desktop.
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:32:23 PM

Try to go at www.whattomine.com and then select your gpu, you can see the most profitable coin for the past 24 hours also take note that its not 100% accurate but at least you can see some figures that are close to reality. Hope it helps

miningchamp93

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:40:31 AM

You can try Following link
https://miningchamp.com/gpus/273/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-hashrate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: