Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Between Ether and Bitcoin, which will be on top in 5 years?  (Read 1344 times)
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:57:35 PM

Do you think Ether will catch up? The technology is more advanced, but will scalability of ethereum be an issue?
No I don't think that ethereum is gonna catch up with bitcoin, I know that it have a better technology and also faster time for transfer of funds but that doesn't mean that it can surpass bitcoin that easily, it's the most backed cryptocurrency, and also the first ever cryptocurrency to be made.
And also that bitcoin is also evolving with time with major network implementations and changes to combat the problems that it is facing now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

I would say Bitcoin is going to be dominating the Crypto-world forever, Ether will grow big but out of both if I had to pick one it would be BTC since Bitcoin is already pretty established but I am sure ETH has lot of growth potential but I don't think ETH will cross BTC price range.

3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

Ethereum is good but it's not comparable to Bitcoin as there many reasons for this like today's parity multisignature wallet hack issue. ETH has many security issues which needs to be solved first and it's blockchain size is fucking huge it's around 400GB so If I want to build anything on ETH platform then I need to download the whole 400 fucking GBs of data.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
risatrakib

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:40:44 PM

I think  bitcoin will be the boss always as long as crypto exists . No matter how much improvements ethereum do , it will never catch bitcoin . But ethereum has a really good future ahead

Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:48:04 PM

What made you get confused. Among the altcoins Eth might be the leader to the entire altcoins as a whole in terms of Market capital, growth as well in supporting with its smart contracts blockchain platform. When compared with bitcoin, whether it's just five years or more than that, bitcoin will be the head.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:48:47 PM

i always find it funny how the ethereum bag holders keep creating new accounts to show their desperation for a pump.

Do you think Ether will catch up? The technology is more advanced, but will scalability of ethereum be an issue?

and what technology is that? the buggy platform which can not handle a surge of smart contract transactions, which is the only thing it was designed to do? you think this platform is more advanced than the cryptocurrency called bitcoin?

There is a FOMO brewing...
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:03:29 PM

bitcoin will stay ahead. and will dominate the crypto world, but I think that ethereum will make some progress in the future, although not progressing fast, but eth ttp price can be stable, I like both
amaljinadasa

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:03:46 PM

Ether can not reach the BitCoin level.But it will climb next 5 years.All the transactions were done by based on Ether.

weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:33:12 PM

I think Bitcoin is still the top of coin in 5 years later. Because, with its advantages, it will be accepted in the future by many countries.

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
SparrowMano

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:36:45 PM

i hope the eth will be the first currency, i don't believe in the btc
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:37:25 PM

No doubt a tremendous growth has been seen in the price of Ether but it is nowhere near to Bitcoin. Bitcoin price has reached new heights and is still growing at a very fast rate . People are now becoming conversant to it's potential so more number of people have started working with it which is increasing it's demand.As the demand is increasing so price is also increasing.We can say that it has really positive and a bright future. So according to me out of Bitcoin and Ether, Bitcoin will be at the top in 5 years.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:45:55 PM

IMHO, nothing could beat Bitcoins because it holds the majority of the market share and something that holds the cause for the existence of this "crypto" world could not be put behind by any such technology for whatsoever reasons. If it was to put it behind, why is it slipping during Bitcoin's rise?
This shows the superiority of Bitcoins has taken an all new level and can put everything too much behind where none of these could even try to catch up.
berluscoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:51:07 PM

Well 5 years, I think it is a very long period to say something. I mean, who knows if we will be here in 5 years?  Grin
I believe that 2018 will be another great year for Bitcoin and I can hardly imagine another cryptocurrency dethroning Bitcoin. With that being said, I also believe in the growth of Ethereum for the future.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:02:52 PM

Let's check this predictions after 5 years Wink Imo total market cap of cryptocurrencies will exceed the apple's cap after few years. In this case btc price should exceed the 10000$ level. Ethereum also has good potential but my guess is 6000$ after 5 years.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:24:22 PM

Bitcoin has been on top for years now, and before it will lose that position to ETH or any other,that will take long. ETH is a promising coin, but for it to go half of bitcoin current price now will not be easy and will take time.
rumbabeatz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:25:42 PM

None of the current coins can reach the heights of btc and none of them can overcome btc in any time period. Only thing what will change crypto market is something new and completely different coming in.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:54:28 PM

Ethereum was not made to over took bitcoin from the beginning and we have to look at ether as a different technology outside bitcoin. Bitcoin is like a central bank to others coins and of a truth it has been serving that purpose. Ethereum's scalling is not going to be an issue as a lot of advisement is been add every days. Bitcoin market capitalization in 5 years to come may be above 500,000,000,000 billions and I don't think ethereum will have investors trust to get to that level.
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Bitcoin will always be at the forefront because the actual crypto is bitcoin
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:19:02 PM

No I don't think that ethereum is gonna catch up with bitcoin, I know that it have a better technology and also faster time for transfer of funds but that doesn't mean that it can surpass bitcoin that easily, it's the most backed cryptocurrency, and also the first ever cryptocurrency to be made.
And also that bitcoin is also evolving with time with major network implementations and changes to combat the problems that it is facing now.
I agree that ethereum could not cope up with what bitcoin has gone through specially the progress of it value in the market right now. Possibly bitcoin will hit that very high price within five years also with ethereum but still its second to bitcoin, because of the demand still couldn't surpass due to ethereum has to be traded first to bitcoin so it's still depe dent with btc' economy. However if agreed on some exchangers sites in the future maybe there will be an implementation of ethereum to fiat trading, then we can say the possibility is there already.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:59:25 AM

I agree that ethereum could not cope up with what bitcoin has gone through specially the progress of it value in the market right now. Possibly bitcoin will hit that very high price within five years also with ethereum but still its second to bitcoin, because of the demand still couldn't surpass due to ethereum has to be traded first to bitcoin so it's still depe dent with btc' economy. However if agreed on some exchangers sites in the future maybe there will be an implementation of ethereum to fiat trading, then we can say the possibility is there already.
After 5 years in my opinion bitcoin will still stand on top, due to good movement of bitcoin in the market I never see any reason to surpass by ethereum. Otherwise bitcoin was so in demand to all members and investors so this is  enough reasons to believe to the ability of bitcoin.
Moreover since started, bitcoin was always on top no one can steal this position for the past 6 years.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: