Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics cards not detected with my new PCI-E risers...  (Read 3585 times)
Chick (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:18:56 PM

Hi guys, I just got in my PCI Express x16 risers today.

I've risen all of the video cards, but now, the mobo only detects # 0 and 2, with it unable to get any operating information out of #1. If I've done this correctly (which I believe so), it should be able to detect all of them!  (0, 1, 2, 3)

Have any of you experienced problems such as this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:32:20 PM

Have you troubleshooted to make sure its not the cables; ie switching the working cables/card combinations around to eliminate that variable?

next, i would see if when you remove the working 2 if the others get detected.

my pic-e 16x risers work fine by themselves, but my mobo makes me jump the pci-e 1x hooked up to a card with a wire to force the auto detection of a card or something...

anyways, other people will likely wanna know the specifics of your machine before they can troubleshoot anymore.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:46:05 PM

Have you troubleshooted to make sure its not the cables; ie switching the working cables/card combinations around to eliminate that variable?

my pic-e 16x risers work fine by themselves, but my mobo makes me jump the pci-e 1x hooked up to a card with a wire to force the auto detection of a card or something...
anyways, other people will likely wanna know the specifics of your machine before they can troubleshoot anymore.

I second this, did you get your auto detection wire in place ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Chick (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:50:42 PM

I second this, did you get your auto detection wire in place ?

I'm not using the x1 port.

Switched the wires, it seems like it's the card's problem. Weird, hadn't have any problems until today. Hope I didn't damage any resistors.

[Edit: Now Ubuntu hangs on the purple loading screen indefinitely.]

1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:56:00 PM

Can someone explain what an auto detection wire is?
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:05:48 PM

chick try pushing the riser just in that little bit more a lot of the time its just not 100% in even tho it looks right
Chick (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:09:36 PM

chick try pushing the riser just in that little bit more a lot of the time its just not 100% in even tho it looks right

No, I've even tried plugging in the card directly into the socket, however, it does the same thing.

It looks like I've damaged one of the resistors / transistors on the thing... I've going to get an exchange from Newegg since it's been less than 2 weeks.

zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:19:36 PM

oh well if you have tried the card direct in the board. On a line that you know is working then its dead. RMA it Smiley.

Chick (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:32:39 PM

oh well if you have tried the card direct in the board. On a line that you know is working then its dead. RMA it Smiley.

Holy crap, I was going to mail it. However I have ten 5830 boxes. I don't know which one to mail! They all have different numbers on the bottom of each box.  Huh

1.21gigawatts

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:36:32 PM

should be able to match the stickers on the box with the one on the back of the video card pcb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: