Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I Quit My Day Job (Let's Talk Bitcoin!)  (Read 3740 times)
Ragnarly

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:37:59 PM

How is coinality.com progressing? I'm seeing more news stories about people wanting to be paid in Bitcoin, especially tech guys.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

Congrats!  I took a severence package to leave my job.  Last day is tomorrow!

Next week it's time to start working completely on my Bitcoin business that I keep putting off... a little nervous and excited.

Probably going to end up getting a divorce out of it too (so yay!) hahaha
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:06:10 PM

All the best man!
stan.stan

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:18:14 PM

Wish you all the best although i don't think i would be making such a move for now. I don't know but BTC just seems a little too volatile for now , Would've been best to just watch how things go for now especially with the rumours about the FED cooking up the downfall of BTC . But that's just my own opinion though . I guess i don't have the balls to quit my day job yet lol
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:20:45 PM

Congrats!  I took a severence package to leave my job.  Last day is tomorrow!

Next week it's time to start working completely on my Bitcoin business that I keep putting off... a little nervous and excited.

Probably going to end up getting a divorce out of it too (so yay!) hahaha

Good luck to you too  Cheesy

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

You idiots, don't quit your job, build up your business part time, I'm pouring everything into my business because I have no choice, if I had a choice I'd just build up my business over the weekend while building up a nice stash for myself but I don't have the luxury to do that.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

You idiots, don't quit your job, build up your business part time, I'm pouring everything into my business because I have no choice, if I had a choice I'd just build up my business over the weekend while building up a nice stash for myself but I don't have the luxury to do that.

Meh, my job didn't pay much anyways.  I'd like to thank all of you tax payers in advance for my unemployment checks which will end up being about 80% of my current takehome pay.

I shall use my $15k severence check to the best of my abilities. Cheesy
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:39:14 PM

I did the same thing 1 1/2 years ago. Never looked back, and having some of my best time in my long IT carrer.  Bitcoin full time is a blast. I hope it lasts.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:49:07 PM

To be honest, I would never leave my job unless I would be sure I'd have seven figures in my bank account. While Bitcoin may be a profitable source of money, the financial safety provided by a steady income is something that can hardly be beaten. Good luck on your new endeavors.

Under construction.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:45:27 PM

Excellent story thanks for sharing.
I will say this though. 
As a person who has had an accident 1 1/2 yrs ago and ended up disabled I would love to go back to work.  As much as jobs can be dull or stressful I miss terribly being able to buy things I need or want.  I miss being around co-workers and being part of a team.
Now I spend my days trying not to give in to chronic pain and the frustration of not being able to provide for my family or go far a hike or pick up my daughter.
I have been selling things that I worked hard for and cherished just to be able to help my wife pay bills and buy food and diapers for my 1 year old daughter.
Occasionally I get lucky like I did this past week and get a little money I can spend on things like late christmas gifts for my wife and recently I got lucky and was able to buy some bitcoin mining equipment to add to my small setup.
That sense of being in charge of my life and it's direction is something I dearly miss.
I wish you the best of luck and don't lose sight of your goals as you never know when your ability to get there will be taken away.

Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:00:24 PM

I was thinking of going back to my day job to get moar gpus.

Me and the old boss would probably end up killing each other though.
>.< I'd help the old man retire if I could stand working with him.

illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:01:18 PM

good luck! i was reading the letter hoping it would say "suck it" somewhere but thats just me loving to burn bridges.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
alkaz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:03:47 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 09:36:36 AM by alkaz

i hope you made a good decision  Undecided
good luck to you

for me, i cant leave my job, its the only montly income
without having any mortgage and loan on bank, i still cant afford to loose my job
ill loose my family if i loose my job

bitcoin is just part time, its hardy an income
as i cant mine and im getting bitcoin only from PPC sites, poker free rolls (that rarely win), and giveaways

icet208

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:31:30 AM

here`s a man with "balls"
good luck man...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: