Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Testnet unable to connect with rpc  (Read 795 times)
eatingthenight (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

Hello I have been unable to connect to testnet and issue any RPC calls although I can do it just fine when running the client not in testnet mode. I did try changing the port to 18332 as described in the wiki but that does not seem to work. I now have set the default port to be 8332 for all transactions and tested with telnet that I am able to connect to it. However when I issue PHP commands it seems to fail. Here is my conf file and php connection string.

# username and password for api
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8332

# Don't generate coins
gen=0

# enable json api
server=1

# Pre-gen wallet keys
keypool=100

# set max number of connections
maxconnections=100

#testnet
testnet=1

my connection string in php is

new jsonRPCClient("http://user:password@127.0.0.1:8332/");

Thanks for any help I have been banging my head against the wall for a while now  Undecided

EDIT: Sorry guys I figured it out. I tried to delete the post but it would not let me.

For anyone who comes across this issue in the future if you are getting a 500 error check your code for any hard-coded tests you had left around.
I was checking the balance of a known address in my non testcoin wallet which was causing this to happen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: