Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:27:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to run an Anarchy  (Read 17518 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:56:34 PM

tl/dr

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:03:06 PM

tl/dr

lol. Imagine if a physicist wrote the constitution. I couldn't find any loopholes.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FredericBastiat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:12:24 PM

tl/dr

lol. Imagine if a physicist wrote the constitution. I couldn't find any loopholes.

In my #360 post/thread about what the law is, that's exactly how I wrote it. It is physics.

If the law does not coincide with the laws of physics (known to man thru observation and empirical evidence) followed by experimentation, then you merely have dogma, indoctrination, personal opinion, or religion.

To be clear here. I have no beef with anybody's religion or opinions etc. But the second you make it law, I'll take issue with it. Law is force legalized. We all should be very careful as to its application per chance we commit acts of plunder, enslavement or murder/injury (these being in direct opposition to protection of life, liberty, and property).

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21217.msg341902#msg341902

Right??

http://payb.tc/evo or
1F7venVKJa5CLw6qehjARkXBS55DU5YT59
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:15:29 PM

tl/dr

In my #360 post/thread about what the law is, that's exactly how I wrote it. It is physics.

If the law does not coincide with the laws of physics (known to man thru observation and empirical evidence) followed by experimentation, then you merely have dogma, indoctrination, personal opinion, or religion.

To be clear here. I have no beef with anybody's religion or opinions etc. But the second you make it law, I'll take issue with it. Law is force legalized. We all should be very careful as to its application per chance we commit acts of plunder, enslavement or murder/injury (these being in direct opposition to protection of life, liberty, and property).

Right??

I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor. That's not something I say lightly.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FredericBastiat

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:18:26 PM

tl/dr

Right??

I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor. That's not something I say lightly.

Have you read my post? I'd welcome all opinion and critiques. Bash away. Thanks for the neighborly invite Smiley

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:24:08 PM

Have you read my post? I'd welcome all opinion and critiques. Bash away. Thanks for the neighborly invite Smiley

As I said, I couldn't find any loopholes. 6.1 appears to outlaw Intellectual property. Did I read that right?

FredericBastiat

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:42:33 PM

As I said, I couldn't find any loopholes. 6.1 appears to outlaw Intellectual property. Did I read that right?

I'm curious what "tl/dr" means MoonShadow.
I am a physicist and engineer.

Here's the thing about IP. One must define what property is. If it is in physical things, and those things can be possessed, then they become property. For property to be property it has to have some degree of exclusivity (at least for a measurable amount of time). IP is real property while it resides in your head or hidden in a pattern on a piece of parchment. However, once you let the cat out of the bag, that pattern, knowledge, truth, or fact becomes public, then others can now retain a similitude of that knowledge. In fact it's now almost impossible to prevent the dissemination thereof.

To then claim that semblence or pattern now contained on another man's property, is to claim that property itself. IP has the problems associated with censorship and theft. We all emulate each other and nature. That's how we learn and change behaviourly. If I were the first to "invent" or "discover" that 1+1=2 or how to build a house, then I could reasonably coerce all of mankind. And thru my heirs and assigns effectively force the world to yield to me for the use of that knowledge forever.

It's bad enough that we fight over scarce things. But now were trying to intentionally create scarcity thru force and manipulation of other's property. Yikes!

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

I'm curious what "tl/dr" means MoonShadow.
I am a physicist and engineer.

Here's the thing about IP. One must define what property is. If it is in physical things, and those things can be possessed, then they become property. For property to be property it has to have some degree of exclusivity (at least for a measurable amount of time). IP is real property while it resides in your head or hidden in a pattern on a piece of parchment. However, once you let the cat out of the bag, that pattern, knowledge, truth, or fact becomes public, then others can now retain a similitude of that knowledge. In fact it's now almost impossible to prevent the dissemination thereof.

To then claim that semblence or pattern now contained on another man's property, is to claim that property itself. IP has the problems associated with censorship and theft. We all emulate each other and nature. That's how we learn and change behaviourly. If I were the first to "invent" or "discover" that 1+1=2 or how to build a house, then I could reasonably coerce all of mankind. And thru my heirs and assigns effectively force the world to yield to me for the use of that knowledge forever.

It's bad enough that we fight over scarce things. But now were trying to intentionally create scarcity thru force and manipulation of other's property. Yikes!

Thought so. Good. tl/dr is 'Too long, Didn't read'.

I'll grant you it's jargony. But it defines its own jargon and doesn't over do things. Easier to read scienceese than legalese.

FredericBastiat

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:54:31 PM

I forgot to mention that 6.5 and 6.6 also reinforce what 6.1 implies. That being, intellectual property, or whatever you wish to call it, cannot force another man from his property without his consent. You cannot break the cardinal rule of "no theft, no injury", if the property cannot be exchanged with proper incentive sans coersion. To wit, you would commit an act of plunder thru legislative fiat. Simple Simon.

Lysnander Spooner said it eloquently,

"If they can offer him no inducements, sufficient to procure his free consent to part with it, they must leave him in the quiet enjoyment of what is his own."

FredericBastiat

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2011, 11:55:51 PM by FredericBastiat

My apologies for the jargon and length. It was as short as I could reasonbly make it without leaving loopholes and unanswered questions.

It is my personal belief that my "Law" document contains the entirety of the definition of Law. I wish I could have made it shorter. Any shorter, and you have might have to start assuming things. Not something scientists like to do as they tend to get called on it. Some parts of 6.x could be condensed, I suppose.

Of course, this document doesn't suggest one type of government over another, nor the application thereof, just the template for such things, as it were.

At the very least, there could be less confusion as to why one man justifies the application force against another and under what circumstances.

Unfortunately, when life isn't "fair" we jump on the legislative bandwagon without realizing what the consequences are.

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:12:16 PM

My apologies for the jargon and length. It was as short as I could reasonably make it without leaving loopholes and unanswered questions.

heh. 'Sorry it's so long'.

You condensed a concept as complex as a rational legal framework into a single page and managed to keep it relatively readable, and you apologize for the length.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:30:23 PM

Although I can agree it's a well written document, I still say that Maybury's Two Laws represent the shortest body of law ever devised.

1)  Do all that you have agreed to do.

2)  Do not encroach upon another's person or property.

Granted, there is a lot of room for interpretation; but there is something to be said for a legal framework that can be printed onto a bumper sticker.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 10:41:16 PM

Although I can agree it's a well written document, I still say that Maybury's Two Laws represent the shortest body of law ever devised.

Granted, there is a lot of room for interpretation; but there is something to be said for a legal framework that can be printed onto a bumper sticker.

'An Ye harm none, do as ye will.'

FredericBastiat

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 12:05:43 AM

'An Ye harm none, do as ye will.'

Ok if we're all for brevity we could just say: 'Protect Contract'

Why "protect contract". Well that's easy. You can't have self government without control over your own life. If you have that right, then you have a right to property - to which you can make a title claim. Without such property claim, your life cannot be sustained. From those former 2 premises constitutes ones liberties, choices, decisions and or agency over what is one's own. Once you assume that, every interaction (if consensual) between men can be defined as contract. Even simple barter exchange represents a simple contract. Contract implies an absence of coersion and force, otherwise it would just be theft, rapine or expropriation. But that would be assuming a lot of things.

So 'PROTECT CONTRACT'. There you go. Was that short enough for ya?

LastBattle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:37:53 AM

I'm afraid I'm at least partially to blame for that... I have a tendency to conflate "libertarian" with "anarchist" due to the fact that I consider Anarchism to be the inevitable end of following libertarian principles in a consistent fashion.

No worries.  If it could exist in the real world (and it can't) libertarian society would very quickly degrade into anarchy, which is why I tend to interchange the two.

Well, IDEALLY that is what would happen, but then that is just my perspective.

From my point of view, the idea is that libertarianism is presented in a modest form, people get used to the idea, and then take it to its logical conclusion and the state withers away. This has the benefit of getting people in the right mindset so to speak; if the apparatus of the state disappeared, there would be mass chaos for about a week and then governments would probably pop right back into existence again because people wouldn't be able to conceive of anything else.

Alternatively, it might stay that way for a very long time. I would be fine with that too. Or it might grow again, which is why a lot of ancaps refuse to bother working within the system.

You're standing on a flagstone running with blood, alone and so very lonely because you can't choose but you had to

I take tips to: 14sF7NNGJzXvoBcfbLR6N4Exy8umCAqdBd
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:44:49 AM

Or it might grow again, which is why a lot of ancaps refuse to bother working within the system.

It will grow again, just as if you leave one cancer cell, eventually you will have a tumor again. That is why I prefer the Agorist method of getting people used to dealing without the state to the Minarchist.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:01:51 AM

Or it might grow again, which is why a lot of ancaps refuse to bother working within the system.

It will grow again, just as if you leave one cancer cell, eventually you will have a tumor again. That is why I prefer the Agorist method of getting people used to dealing without the state to the Minarchist.

+1.  Don't say.  Just do.  Others will be inspired and join you.  Agorism.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:12:38 AM

Well, I prefer to say and do, but to each their own.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 07:33:19 AM

Well, I prefer to say and do, but to each their own.

Sometimes you can just say without actually doing. The mere threat of doing is often enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: