Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does this mean (from Bitcoin wiki)  (Read 835 times)
99bitcoins (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:05:41 AM

On this page: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Fallback_nodes

Connect to nodes
You can connect to these nodes with the -addnode=ip switch instead[...]

I realize that is a command but where do I type it? In the google searchbox? Do I enter it into my browser address bar? Jokes aside, does every major OS accept the same command? What platform is this command for? Why is it not obvious from the article what type of system that command is for?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:21:19 AM

On this page: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Fallback_nodes

Connect to nodes
You can connect to these nodes with the -addnode=ip switch instead[...]

I realize that is a command but where do I type it? In the google searchbox? Do I enter it into my browser address bar? Jokes aside, does every major OS accept the same command? What platform is this command for? Why is it not obvious from the article what type of system that command is for?

All systems, it's a built in command for bitcoin/bitcoind so you can add more connections, most people won't need it.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 08:25:05 AM

You add it to the command line you use to launch the bitcoin program. If you use a shortcut on Windows, you can set the command line in the properties. (Shortcut -> Target)

I'm not sure why it's not an RPC command too. It really should be.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: