Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] HitBTC stole my account and my coins! Fraud Alert!!  (Read 420 times)
bitnox (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:05:21 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 04:56:24 PM by bitnox

Since the beggining of june 2017, i cant login into my HitBtc account.
I forgot my password and when i try to reset it, i get stuck into the google authenticator step.
Even by typing the correct numbers that are shown on my phone, when i click the confirmation button it only changes color and then changes its color back and absolutely nothing happens. Password isnt reset and anything is loaded in their page.
I have already sent 2 support tickets but all i got were automatic messages from them.
So i wanted to let everybody know that they should withdraw all their coins from there asap in case they dont wanna risk losing it like i did so far.
Hopefully i didnt have much and im still waiting for them to answer and clean their reputation. But unfortunatelly, after more than a month, i dont expect them to do so.
Dont trade with HitBTC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:17:25 AM

Since the beggining of june 2017, i cant login into my HitBtc account.
I forgot my password and when i try to reset it, i get stuck into the google authenticator step.
Even by typing the correct numbers that are shown on my phone, when i click the confirmation button it only changes color and then changes its color back and absolutely nothing happens. Password isnt reset and anything is loaded in their page.
I have already sent 2 support tickets but all i got were automatic messages from them.
So i wanted to let everybody know that they should withdraw all their coins from there asap in case they dont wanna risk losing it like i did so far.
Hopefully i didnt have much and im still waiting for them to answer and clean their reputation. But unfortunatelly, after more than a month, i dont expect them to do so.
Dont trade with HitBTC!

resync the app on your phone. well know issue...

go to settings, and use the first option....

bitnox (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:42:29 PM

resync the app on your phone. well know issue...

go to settings, and use the first option....

thank you very much, it worked.

still surprised that HitBTC exchange wasnt capable to tell me how to fix after so long and specially for being such an easy thing to fix thou.

anyway i got it, thnx again.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 07:42:15 PM

You should tip whywefight some coins, he did save your ass after all Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: