Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why compare BTC to USD?  (Read 3030 times)
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:20:57 AM

When people talk about Bitcoin price, they usually refer to its price expressed in dollars. I really don't understand why...

US Dollar is going down in price, US economy is collapsing. There are many other countries which has more Bitcoin users, like Russia, China, Japan, Philippines and the whole Eurozone. Even ICOs are forbidden in the USA. It's not a so Bitcoin-friendly country, its national currency is not so strong. So why price Bitcoin in $?

There could be many other more appropriate currencies like EUR, CNY or RUB...
There is no comparison to BTC and USD since the final value of your btc is always going to be expressed in USD, almost all financial transactions world wide are being expressed in USD and as such bitcoin cannot be an exception.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 AM

when talk about make money online always use USD.
I'm curious why u make a question like that.
we should already know that.
uchiha_2

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:37:43 AM

according to me .. USD is a strong currency and a stable measure for other currencies. USD can also be accepted throughout the country because it is the exchange rate that is international. why do people compare with bitcoin? may depend on each person .. if i compare bitcoin with local currency .. so i know clearly. when I get the advantage or disadvantage of bitcoin .. because comparison sepeeti it is important in gain bitcoin advantage. I always see the movement of bitcoin against local currency and USD because we will know the price direction of bitcoin.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:00:31 AM

When people talk about Bitcoin price, they usually refer to its price expressed in dollars. I really don't understand why...

US Dollar is going down in price, US economy is collapsing. There are many other countries which has more Bitcoin users, like Russia, China, Japan, Philippines and the whole Eurozone. Even ICOs are forbidden in the USA. It's not a so Bitcoin-friendly country, its national currency is not so strong. So why price Bitcoin in $?

SIMPLY BECAUSE DOLLAR IS THE GLOBAL CURRENCY.

They might have banned ICOs for as they say Customer protection but not Bitcoin. USA is Bitcoin-friendly country. Moreover, these two facts doesn't matter at all because Dollar plays a dominant role in international trade and finance as both a store of value and a medium of exchange. Therefor, it will be considered when there is something International. Bitcoin being international need to be expressed in Dollars. Most of the countries have their own exchanges and sometimes price deviates nationally regardless of international price.
personally, i think its a bit of a stretch to call it a global currency, i would liken it more to the global standard of currency if anything; as much as the dollar is accepted worldwide, it's not accepted in a grand majority of business establishments; i can't just go out to the middle of china or something and expect to be able to pay with dollars. however, in the global markets, exchange rates are commonly shown in whatever currency to the dollar (ex, 110 japanese yen to the dollar). however, wallets, exchanges, and bitcoin price trackers commonly have the option to show the price of bitcoin on the euro, pound, and other major currencies. maybe it just comes down to people being used to the relative value of the dollar, doesn't really matter in my opinion.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
malboroman

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 11:15:50 AM

BTC do the same thing as USD - the way to pay for gooods. As a usd it does have intrinsic value and created by different algoritm.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:21:25 PM

BTC and USD are two different things entirely and so I see no reason why anyone should compare both of them, though both of them are currencies, they are made up of different things and have their values based upon different things.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:04:09 PM

Usd is worldwide currency, and unfortunatly  for many countries dollar and america influence for many econimics. And i think american giverment will do all to keep control on the whole world.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:21:42 PM

US dollars is the most widely-known and most stable fiat in the world. When travelling, dollar is the most used currency, and that is why I think Bitcoin is compared to US dollars.
Comparison between bitcoin and USD is not good because bitcoin is digital currency with more advantages than USD we can trade all over the word digitally and without any income tax. We can move freely if USD WILL be dissolved into bitcoin it will give more profit and gave new shape to the currency business.
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:36:42 PM

It isn't really something to do with Bitcoin, it has to do with the world economy.Whole world is largely pricing things in USD-USD is the most stable fiat currency and giving a BTC to USD puts a price on bitcoins that the majority of people will be able to understand. In my opinion I think USD or $ is being compared to BTC BTC because of USA is one of the top Leaders in many industrial business like in currency, products.....
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:49:48 PM

US dollars is the most widely-known and most stable fiat in the world. When travelling, dollar is the most used currency, and that is why I think Bitcoin is compared to US dollars.
Comparison between bitcoin and USD is not good because bitcoin is digital currency with more advantages than USD we can trade all over the word digitally and without any income tax. We can move freely if USD WILL be dissolved into bitcoin it will give more profit and gave new shape to the currency business.
what are you talking about guys?  Cheesy
the comparison was made in order for bitcoin to have a real value not just simply comparison lol  Cheesy
that's the main reason why exchanges are made in order for us to determine how much people are willing to pay to buy a bitcoin.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Compared to other fiat currency, by far on record, US Dollars have been the most stable currency and globally regarded fiat currency. Since then, financial analysts have used Dollars to value a lot of things including crude oil. It's easy to value bitcoins when gauged to dollars.

romandos86

Activity: 150
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:13:51 AM

Only 1 question!If American national currency isn't so strong, tell me why the most countries in the world keeping their strategic reserves in dollars?))Dollar is the most valuable currency in the world. Therefore, when we try to understand how much bitcoin costs we use dollars)
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:18:45 AM

Compared to other fiat currency, by far on record, US Dollars have been the most stable currency and globally regarded fiat currency. Since then, financial analysts have used Dollars to value a lot of things including crude oil. It's easy to value bitcoins when gauged to dollars.
Yes, it easy to track when both most popular currency have been value for its reference. Dollar is the most popular real currency and Bitcoin too in crypto currency then the fact that on this day still there are few establishment accept bitcoin as medium of exchange therefore every individual must convert it into real money regardless of what currency.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:33:13 AM

USD has acceptance all over the world and most international businesses, even airfare, booking etc. also is calculated in USD and then compared with local currency. So, when comes to exchange of value of anything, people mostly use USD to get a clear picture.
peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

Because US dollar is the perkiest fiat currency in world so some businessman or stockholder even the most influence person in the world are comparing their wealth into US dollar .
That's why bitcoin is comparing into dollar too.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

Why can not you transfer the bitcoins into rubles? The fact is that it is the Russian developers who make a great contribution to the development of this crypto currency. I believe that it is more logical to talk about value in rubles.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:57:16 AM

Why can not you transfer the bitcoins into rubles? The fact is that it is the Russian developers who make a great contribution to the development of this crypto currency. I believe that it is more logical to talk about value in rubles.

I think that people living in different countries translate any value in the expression of their currency. For example, if in Russia you name the cost of a car in dollars, then an ordinary resident will transfer it to rubles.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:00:25 PM

I think that people living in different countries translate any value in the expression of their currency. For example, if in Russia you name the cost of a car in dollars, then an ordinary resident will transfer it to rubles.

Yes, but I believe that it will be more correct to talk about crypto-currencies and to assess from in rubles. Let in China and will be translated in yuan, but it was always and will be.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

Developers of crypto-currencies are ,as far as I know, Chinese or Japanese. Can it makes sense to talk about the price of crypto currency in the money of these countries?
Saimoon

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:09:00 PM

Because globally USD is more preferable currency than other. And if you want to compare anything's value with any currency it's globally done with USD . Thats why BTC is compared with USD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: