Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the easiest way to sell bitcoin for USD on MTGOX without dwolla?  (Read 1315 times)
josiahgarber (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:34:28 PM

Dwolla was very nice to use to buy and sell on MTGOX.  What is the easiest way to sell bitcoin now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K and A Traders

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:57:22 PM

Dwolla was very nice to use to buy and sell on MTGOX.  What is the easiest way to sell bitcoin now?

I think what you actually mean to ask is, what is the easiest way to obtain USD (cash) for BTC.  Because the easiest way to sell Bitcoin now is to sell it.  However, if your objective is you obtain USD for your BTC, that's a slightly different question.  We would be happy to purchase your BTC for 5% under MtGox spot.  We are also happy to use escrow.  Western Union or Moneygram.
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:24:39 AM

Transfer your bitcoins to a CampBX.com account and use their trading platform to turn your coins into USD, then transfer to Dwolla.  The whole process is almost instant except waiting on bitcoin confirmations that you funded your account with and also so long as you sell the coins at spot price.

As for CampBX, they verified my account documents within 12 hours of submitting them a few days ago to increase my limits (only really needed if you have a lot of coins); I had to wait like over 2 weeks with MtGox.  Also, all my deposit and withdrawals from CampBX to Dwolla were near instant.  They claim there is a 31 day holding period for certain transactions but I think that information is old as I created my account brand new and I had no such holds on any deposits/withdrawals (each was over $500 USD). There's no having to wait a day or two like MtGox.

For the record, I would never recommend keeping coins/usd of any amount sitting in an exchange like MtGox or CampBX as you never know what may happen.  The way CampBX is setup to handle Dwolla though, I can keep all my cash in Dwolla --> transfer USD to CampBX -->  Buy bitcoin --> transfer to my personal wallet (and whole process vise-versa); takes 2 minutes or less.

I trust Dwolla the most with my cash due to how their company operates/location/cooperation with DHS. However, if something happened to Dwolla, I can just file an ACH dispute with my bank to get my money back.

Hope this helps...
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:25:56 AM

I recommend coingator.com takes only abount 4 hours sometimes 10 minutes
Transfer your bitcoins to a CampBX.com account and use their trading platform to turn your coins into USD, then transfer to Dwolla.  The whole process is almost instant except waiting on bitcoin confirmations that you funded your account with and also so long as you sell the coins at spot price.

As for CampBX, they verified my account documents within 12 hours of submitting them a few days ago to increase my limits (only really needed if you have a lot of coins); I had to wait like over 2 weeks with MtGox.  Also, all my deposit and withdrawals from CampBX to Dwolla were near instant.  They claim there is a 31 day holding period for certain transactions but I think that information is old as I created my account brand new and I had no such holds on any deposits/withdrawals (each was over $500 USD). There's no having to wait a day or two like MtGox.

For the record, I would never recommend keeping coins/usd of any amount sitting in an exchange like MtGox or CampBX as you never know what may happen.  The way CampBX is setup to handle Dwolla though, I can keep all my cash in Dwolla --> transfer USD to CampBX -->  Buy bitcoin --> transfer to my personal wallet (and whole process vise-versa); takes 2 minutes or less.

I trust Dwolla the most with my cash due to how their company operates/location/cooperation with DHS. However, if something happened to Dwolla, I can just file an ACH dispute with my bank to get my money back.

Hope this helps...

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
data_teks

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:26:00 AM

I recommend coingator.com takes only abount 4 hours sometimes 10 minutes
Transfer your bitcoins to a CampBX.com account and use their trading platform to turn your coins into USD, then transfer to Dwolla.  The whole process is almost instant except waiting on bitcoin confirmations that you funded your account with and also so long as you sell the coins at spot price.

As for CampBX, they verified my account documents within 12 hours of submitting them a few days ago to increase my limits (only really needed if you have a lot of coins); I had to wait like over 2 weeks with MtGox.  Also, all my deposit and withdrawals from CampBX to Dwolla were near instant.  They claim there is a 31 day holding period for certain transactions but I think that information is old as I created my account brand new and I had no such holds on any deposits/withdrawals (each was over $500 USD). There's no having to wait a day or two like MtGox.

For the record, I would never recommend keeping coins/usd of any amount sitting in an exchange like MtGox or CampBX as you never know what may happen.  The way CampBX is setup to handle Dwolla though, I can keep all my cash in Dwolla --> transfer USD to CampBX -->  Buy bitcoin --> transfer to my personal wallet (and whole process vise-versa); takes 2 minutes or less.

Hope this helps...

Coingator.com = 6% fee with 2 BTC max daily transfer (plus Paypal is going to charge you another 3% receiving fee on top of coingator's fee)
CampBX.com to Dwolla or just ACH from their site = .55% fee (trade fee) and unverified account transfer to Dwolla/bank account is capped at USD 1,000 per day transfer (verified is $15k)

Seems like a no brainer to me for which one to use, but I guess the OP did say "easiest" and not "fastest, cheapest and less risky".  To each their own I suppose...
data_teks

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:38:50 PM

I would be kind of careful going down those other paths while also having the Paypal option. As it sits at the moment, you are just a one way that goes from bitcoin to PayPal.  However, if you start added those other options, you might be considered a currency exchange in PayPal's eyes (which is against their TOS). It's something I would look into before putting all the work into a system, just to have PayPal cut you off at the knees because you have money tied up in a "limited account."

PS. I just threw in a test spend of .10 BC to help you guys out. I'm all for multiple ways to help cash out/buy BTC
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:42:03 PM

I can cash you out with MoneyPaks. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: