Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 02:43:56 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush Pool vs Kano?  (Read 5386 times)
Aurel577

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:49:44 PM

It depends, since they haven't found a valid block for about 4 days, you'll make zero those days.  When you do find a block, at the current hashrate, you should get around .00298892 BTC depending on the size of the block.

Where are you getting this number from? 4 days to make .00298? (If true that would hurt)

Unlock my old account please:
Aurel57

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeuralChris

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

I took your average hashrate having an S9 at 13.5 TH/s divided by the Pool's rate (which was 60,xxx before, now it's lower) and then multiplied that by an average block size of around 13.5.  That number doesn't account for his 0.9% pool fee though.  Either way, people aren't getting anything on Kano right now which is why the pool size is shrinking rapidly.
Aurel577

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:39:47 AM

I have mined at both pools. Slush was the first pool I ever mined on and even found a block there. I left it years ago due to the fact that the payout system every now and then would payout the wrong amounts. About 4-5 times myself and many other miners would get short changed on payouts and others got way to much. Once I was on the overpay and you never could get an answer from Slush so I left. He may have fixed that problem as it's been a longtime but I have never had trusted the payout since.

I have mined at Kanos pool and it always paid me and I found it to be a very well ran pool. The only down fall is when the pools total hash rate drops to a point you are waiting days to find a block and it crosses difficulty changes it seems you are losing out. But as any small pool it's a  psychology point of going days without getting anything that makes it hard to stay put. But if I had to chose only between these 2 pools it would be Kano's.

Well I guess I would need to rethink this as Kano's pools has gone 96 hours without hitting a block and Slush has been having a very good lucky streak

Unlock my old account please:
Aurel57
NeuralChris

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:58:19 PM

I have mined at both pools. Slush was the first pool I ever mined on and even found a block there. I left it years ago due to the fact that the payout system every now and then would payout the wrong amounts. About 4-5 times myself and many other miners would get short changed on payouts and others got way to much. Once I was on the overpay and you never could get an answer from Slush so I left. He may have fixed that problem as it's been a longtime but I have never had trusted the payout since.

I have mined at Kanos pool and it always paid me and I found it to be a very well ran pool. The only down fall is when the pools total hash rate drops to a point you are waiting days to find a block and it crosses difficulty changes it seems you are losing out. But as any small pool it's a  psychology point of going days without getting anything that makes it hard to stay put. But if I had to chose only between these 2 pools it would be Kano's.

Well I guess I would need to rethink this as Kano's pools has gone 96 hours without hitting a block and Slush has been having a very good lucky streak

Yeah I tried out Kano for a week and barely made anything, switched back to slush and my measly 8 th/s is pulling in about .01btc every 5-6 days.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:00:26 PM

That's why its called luck

NeuralChris

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:06:47 PM

Having almost 800ph helps negate the luck factor quite a bit.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

And also lowers the payout you get per block.

In the long run, it all evens out of course - at the end of day, you'll make less on Slush because it has a higher fee.
rifleman74

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:44:42 PM

And also lowers the payout you get per block.

In the long run, it all evens out of course - at the end of day, you'll make less on Slush because it has a higher fee.

If the luck is equal on both pools, last month it was not. 
wavelengthsf

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:14:34 PM

I wasn't talking about luck, I was talking about rewards. In the long run, it evens out - that's how statistics work.

The only issue is that difficulty also moves, so unless you increase your hash rate with difficulty, if you don't get paid out at lower difficulty, you'll lose out as it goes up.
rifleman74

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:29:56 PM

I wasn't talking about luck, I was talking about rewards. In the long run, it evens out - that's how statistics work.

The only issue is that difficulty also moves, so unless you increase your hash rate with difficulty, if you don't get paid out at lower difficulty, you'll lose out as it goes up.

No one asked you about luck, the entire thread, minus your musings, was about luck.
NeuralChris

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:44:44 PM

No one asked you about luck, the entire thread, minus your musings, was about luck.

You get 0 rewards if your pool is too small and never finds a block.  Johnny Bravo's pool hasn't found a block in over a year.  If they did you'd get an incredible reward, but they don't, so you don't.
rifleman74

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:10:48 AM

You get 0 rewards if your pool is too small and never finds a block.  Johnny Bravo's pool hasn't found a block in over a year.  If they did you'd get an incredible reward, but they don't, so you don't.

When did JohnnyBravo's pool get thrown in here?  Slush vs kano.  Please read.
NeuralChris

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:28:39 AM

It's called using them as an example.  Try to keep up sweetheart.
rifleman74

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:51:09 PM

What a piss poor example. You tried,but you failed, yet again.  At least you tried. 
huynhdat1989

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:19:54 PM

Well, there's also the fact that our pool fees are less than half of the slush pools fees Smiley
Slush is 2% we are 0.9%

Although the pool is only about 80PH, that's good enough that most of your shares are rewarded at the current difficulty.

At the moment difficulty is dropping, so a short delay in reward is also an advantage, but that drop wont continue for very long, so a long delay in reward on a small pool will almost certainly screw you over badly.

More than that, kano is very helpful when we need his help. I have a 0.5 BTC transaction that gets stucked because of low fee for 2 weeks. And he helped me to add to block get confirmations.
Kano is a friend, very enjoy his pool.
andytranter

Activity: 60

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:03:44 AM

What a piss poor example. You tried,but you failed, yet again.  At least you tried. 

I actually thought it was a good analogy to use. I hope Kano doesn’t go down that route and manages to stay viable for everyone involved

Made you look!
NeuralChris

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:10:38 AM

I actually thought it was a good analogy to use. I hope Kano doesn’t go down that route and manages to stay viable for everyone involved

Yeah, Kano's sycophants get upset when you make fun of their pool.  I've been monitoring the situation over there and it looks like they've had some good luck cracking blocks in the past couple of days.  Going to keep an eye on it and if I can make more in a week over than than I do on Slush, I'll switch back.
rifleman74

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:46:01 AM

Yeah, Kano's sycophants get upset when you make fun of their pool.  I've been monitoring the situation over there and it looks like they've had some good luck cracking blocks in the past couple of days.  Going to keep an eye on it and if I can make more in a week over than than I do on Slush, I'll switch back.

Stay on slush, it's better.
bussumseheide

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

Not better, but more stable income per day because of the larger pool hashrate.

(Although I would like to see that all slushpool users move to kano... a win win situation due to slightly lower fee for all users..)
onegiantcock

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:34:51 AM

If you're noob like me, Slush provides the feedback necessary to sleep at nite.
The Pros use Kano for a reason which requires confidence that noobs (like me) just don't have.
I mine at Slush because everytime I've switched away I've lost my ass. 

On a related topic: I named my cat after Kano - not because Slush isn't also a good cat name.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.