Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help setting up first rig  (Read 553 times)
Penzinho (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:33:05 PM

Hi guys,

this is my first post on this forum and hopefully it will be first of many.

I'd like to thank you for this amazing forum, tons of useful info here.

I am in the process of setting up my first rig, got all the hardware and assembled my open air case.

I am running Win10 with 6 AMD RX570 4gb (2x Gigabyte - Hynix, 2x Gigabyte Aorus - Hynix, 2x MSI Armor OC - Elpida) amd what do you know, I have encountered some problems. I'll number my questions so that it would be easier to respond. MBO is Gigabyte H110-D3A.

I am running beta AMD drivers but the following problems concur on latest stable Crimson drivers (17.7.2) as well.

1. I didn't put all of the cards in yet, because I wanted to flash modded BIOS and tweak them with only one of them in there. Problem is that when I plug each of them into my x16 port, GPU-Z doesn't read Pixel fillrate, Texture fillrate, Bandwidth, GPU clock or Memory clock. Screenshot is below. MSI afterburner does read current clocks but if I change any of them, they fall to 300mhz and card mines around 4 mhs ETH. Maybe I should adjust something in MBO bios? I have tried reinstalling (with DDU cleanup) the drivers many times but it doesn't help.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/17/08/21/sy7.png

2. Flashing GPU bios - when I dump current MSI bios its size is 512kb. Ones I can find online are 256kb. I guess it won't work so could you please point me to good straps to use and manually edit all my gpus with Polaris.

3. I am using Claymore and out of the box I am getting aroun 21-22 mhs per card (ETH). I guess it should be higher when I manage to over/under clock them. When I try to dual mine ETH+SIA, my hash on ETH drops to around 16 mhs. I am reading that it shouldn't happen, what could be the issue? Below is my start.bat.

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal MY_WALLET.WORKER_NAME/E_MAIL -epsw PASSWORD -dcoin sia -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal MY_WALLET/WORKER_NAME/E_MAIL -dpsw PASSWORD -ftime 10

I guess thats it for now, but I have a feeling that many more questions are coming.

Thanks a lot in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Penzinho (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:39:37 AM

My post fell down, just bumping cause I desperately need help  Huh
Penzinho (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:58:22 AM

last bump, I promise
g0suboy

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

If u got 4mhs per card try to connect monitor cable in each gpu, let it 5 secs then switch on next till u do all 6 of them Smiley that worked for me when i got 4mhs.

As i noticed 512kb size of ROM file is when u save ur bios with atiflash , and 256 is with gpu z. ALWAYS USE AtiFlash if you dont want to brick ur card.

rx570 4gb hynix&elpida i copied straps from  1500 to 2000. running 27.3 on almost every cards. Some cards gives me alot of errors so i reduce mclock and i get around 26.5 stable.

It depends on the drivers, u need to find the best one for you, i used 17.7.2 on 1 rig with 6x rx570 4gb on other rig with 5x rx 570 17.7.2 caused many problems so i used mix of 17.5.1 and 16.11.5, on 3rd rig 4x rx570 17.7.1 and so on Smiley Right now i am on blockchain beta drivers with AB beta 15 and im fine with them.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:18:17 PM

Regarding 4 mhs on miner software you may want to try connecting a monitor to problematic gpu. I have had same issue and asked it here and this suggestion was posted and worked for me.

If you have bios size issues, maybe you can download a modded bios and and then extract your gpu's bios. Then you can compare two bioses using Polaris Bios Editor and manually adjust values for your needs. Ensure that you are using bios files for identical cards otherwise you may damage your gpu, or your whole system at worst case scenario.

For RX4xx series gpus, I was using 16.11.5 drivers but I doubt they will function correctly with newer RX5xx series gpus.
Penzinho (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:01:06 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I've tried plugging in monitor to each of them but it doesn't help.

Clock drops down to 300mhz even if I only adjust fan speed manually. Something is utterly broken here and I can't figure out what.
Johny101010

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:25:24 PM

Where to start lol.

First, what kind of PSU are you using, how many of them are you using lol.

Second, are you using Windows or a mining OS. IF Windows, are you seeing all the cards on device manager without !

Third, I know it is painful and slow but you have to mid these cards one at a time. Disconnect all cards and place one on the main slot. Change straps to 1500 or 1750 with ATI winflash, Polaris Editor and patch with atipatch.
Do it for all of them, one by one.

Fourth, hook them all up. Open Afterburner and overclock/undervolt one at a time. Usually the 4G cards will be the most stable at 1950 memory but if you can get them at 2050 out higher you will be closer to 30MHs.

Also, do all of this mining Eth solo. Once you have everything good run eth and Sia but add -dcri 15 or -dcri 20 to maximize eth.
BTW stay with the stable drivers. You will lose about 6MHs but will gain sanity. The beta drives are not the best.
You need time and patience lol.

g0suboy

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:40:45 PM

What version of AB do you use?
Johny101010

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:54:53 PM

I'm using the beta blockchain driver with Afterburner 14 version 6 better I think. However 4 out of 9 580 4Gig cards are not working well with it. My 8Gig ones are great.
For some reason the new driver makes the fan stay low and they overheat and reboot. Afterburner only controlled them when open but if you leave it open to long it will CRASH and reboot. Wattman crashes after 20-30 minutes. I'm telling you, to setup up start with the main drivers and than once you have everything perfect update the drivers to the new ones.

Penzinho (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:06:57 AM

Where to start lol.

First, what kind of PSU are you using, how many of them are you using lol.

Second, are you using Windows or a mining OS. IF Windows, are you seeing all the cards on device manager without !

Third, I know it is painful and slow but you have to mid these cards one at a time. Disconnect all cards and place one on the main slot. Change straps to 1500 or 1750 with ATI winflash, Polaris Editor and patch with atipatch.
Do it for all of them, one by one.

Fourth, hook them all up. Open Afterburner and overclock/undervolt one at a time. Usually the 4G cards will be the most stable at 1950 memory but if you can get them at 2050 out higher you will be closer to 30MHs.

Also, do all of this mining Eth solo. Once you have everything good run eth and Sia but add -dcri 15 or -dcri 20 to maximize eth.
BTW stay with the stable drivers. You will lose about 6MHs but will gain sanity. The beta drives are not the best.
You need time and patience lol.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Corsair HX1200 platinum and Win 10. I can see all of the cards in device manager and in GPU Z as well.

Problem is that neither GPU Z or Sapphire Trixx is reading current clocks. Afterburner (latest beta) is reading current clocks but if I change anything (fan speed or clocks), clocks fall to 300mhz and nothing but restart can get them up again.

It happens regardless how many cards are hooked up, I've tried with one in main slot and with 4 of them. I am waiting for molex adapters to connect all 6 of them together.

I'll try once again with stable drivers but as it didn't work, I've tried beta blockchain drivers and it still doesn't work.

On boards graphics is disabled and Intel driver is uninstalled using DDU.

Should I reinstall Windows?

Penzinho (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:19:37 PM

Nothing works, I am losing my mind over here Sad
sego_jagung

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:01:41 PM

Hi guys,

this is my first post on this forum and hopefully it will be first of many.

I'd like to thank you for this amazing forum, tons of useful info here.

I am in the process of setting up my first rig, got all the hardware and assembled my open air case.

I am running Win10 with 6 AMD RX570 4gb (2x Gigabyte - Hynix, 2x Gigabyte Aorus - Hynix, 2x MSI Armor OC - Elpida) amd what do you know, I have encountered some problems. I'll number my questions so that it would be easier to respond. MBO is Gigabyte H110-D3A.

I am running beta AMD drivers but the following problems concur on latest stable Crimson drivers (17.7.2) as well.

1. I didn't put all of the cards in yet, because I wanted to flash modded BIOS and tweak them with only one of them in there. Problem is that when I plug each of them into my x16 port, GPU-Z doesn't read Pixel fillrate, Texture fillrate, Bandwidth, GPU clock or Memory clock. Screenshot is below. MSI afterburner does read current clocks but if I change any of them, they fall to 300mhz and card mines around 4 mhs ETH. Maybe I should adjust something in MBO bios? I have tried reinstalling (with DDU cleanup) the drivers many times but it doesn't help.

2. Flashing GPU bios - when I dump current MSI bios its size is 512kb. Ones I can find online are 256kb. I guess it won't work so could you please point me to good straps to use and manually edit all my gpus with Polaris.

3. I am using Claymore and out of the box I am getting aroun 21-22 mhs per card (ETH). I guess it should be higher when I manage to over/under clock them. When I try to dual mine ETH+SIA, my hash on ETH drops to around 16 mhs. I am reading that it shouldn't happen, what could be the issue? Below is my start.bat.

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal MY_WALLET.WORKER_NAME/E_MAIL -epsw PASSWORD -dcoin sia -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal MY_WALLET/WORKER_NAME/E_MAIL -dpsw PASSWORD -ftime 10

I guess thats it for now, but I have a feeling that many more questions are coming.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks for help guys, i dont know why my ring miner always blank before six hours running.
So, any tip to set up overclock for 6x saphire 460 ?
Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: