Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner!  (Read 82931 times)
soulful100

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:40:12 AM

For those that aren't able to place a pre-order, when's the next estimated date the Moonlander 2 would be available again?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:15:27 AM

I have to ship out all these sticks you guys ordered first Wink Definitely stay tuned though...this pre-order was  massive success and wont be stopping here Smiley

I did not receive instructions how to send the payment for the preorder (?), just saying it here in case others have not received instructions as well
Astrali

Activity: 281
Merit: 130

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

would have bought 2 more before its sold out but payment option paypal just vanished - wrote mail to receive support - sold out.
Damn! Cheesy

so i have to be happy with 1 i ordered and paid ..

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:33:18 PM

I have to ship out all these sticks you guys ordered first Wink Definitely stay tuned though...this pre-order was  massive success and wont be stopping here Smiley

I did not receive instructions how to send the payment for the preorder (?), just saying it here in case others have not received instructions as well

You have to buy them from the vendors listed on the op.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 06:34:37 PM

Oh, you have to be kidding. There is no way to buy 1 unit just for fun? What a people...

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:42:48 PM

For those that aren't able to place a pre-order, when's the next estimated date the Moonlander 2 would be available again?

+1

Pre-order is officially sold out everywhere (distributors and additional orders I could take). More stock will be available for immediate shipment once units are in production in November...keep in mind that all pre-order units will be shipped first, so can't say exactly when we will be able to sell more past pre-order units. Will have more updates closers to October/November.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:37:37 PM

USB 3.0 spec is for a max of 900 ma (0.9 amps) of 5V supply - there are variant "charging" USB 3 ports that are designed for higher though, but not all motherboards have them and not all that DO have them have all of the ports as "charging" capable.

Powered hubs would be a better option.

On a separate subject, is there any chance of a "pod" or "blade" version of this, along the lines of the old Gridseed GC3344 based units?

I have to wonder how well a "pod" designed to upgrade the Gridseed "80" blade units would sell....

(hint)

9-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Astrali

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:44:35 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 08:52:24 PM by Astrali

can anyone give a tutorial on how to run and projection of how much one of these can produce in terms of LTC per month?

Should I run on a separate computer or my main computer?  

if you dont mind running your main computer 24/7 you can do it on your main computer. Ram and CPU usage wont disturb you on daily usage.

i found what you need here: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=5&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=6&CostPerkWh=0.1

Mined/month
Ł 0.1040

Greetings - Astrali

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
Zellko

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:05:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to bought 5 of them.

Do you have any recommendation for a USB hub ? It's seems quite difficult to found USB Hub with 1 Amp output in my country, so I will need to bough it on-line so I expect long shipping time, therefore I would like to order it quickly. Is the one shared my Ivymoss is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-SuperSpeed-Charging-Adapter-Support/dp/B00RM5OF70/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504363970&sr=8-4&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0+hub

@jstefanop: I never used those USB miner, do we need to install driver or something to use them ? Will you release a getting started guide ? 

Thanks!
qctechno

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:44:48 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 08:55:24 PM by qctechno

Purchased 10x Sticks at AsicPuppy
https://blockchain.info/tx/cc50d058f342fdec1b4983606a61a7efc27ec26b2e06e978afd8988fb39c40d7

Now waiting until Halloween Candy is delivered Tongue

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:47:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to bought 5 of them.

Do you have any recommendation for a USB hub ? It's seems quite difficult to found USB Hub with 1 Amp output in my country, so I will need to bough it on-line so I expect long shipping time, therefore I would like to order it quickly. Is the one shared my Ivymoss is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-SuperSpeed-Charging-Adapter-Support/dp/B00RM5OF70/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504363970&sr=8-4&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0+hub

@jstefanop: I never used those USB miner, do we need to install driver or something to use them ? Will you release a getting started guide ? 

Thanks!

Check out the Superpbag hubs...I personally use those too test these.

A separate instructions/support thread will be started closer to shipping. Things will be very similar to the original moonlander...so you can go over and ready that thread (linked in my sig) to get an idea of how these work.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
buzztiaan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:06:39 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 11:38:06 PM by buzztiaan

I have to wonder how well a "pod" designed to upgrade the Gridseed "80" blade units would sell....

omg  Shocked this is genius , or maybe the 5chip ones aswell? Cheesy

just placed a order of 5 at one of em' resellers ^_^
MingMining

Activity: 202

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:35:35 AM

Hi guys, I have a maybe stupid question. Suppose you are buying 10 of them, then it is $590. Generally you can buy two rx 570 for this price at newegg and ROI is like 6 month if you mine eth or zcash. However, if you use this stick to mine litecoin, the ROI will be like one year. Did I miss anything?

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:37:37 AM

Hi guys, I have a maybe stupid question. Suppose you are buying 10 of them, then it is $590. Generally you can buy two rx 570 for this price at newegg and ROI is like 6 month if you mine eth or zcash. However, if you use this stick to mine litecoin, the ROI will be like one year. Did I miss anything?

Quick ROI is not the point of this miner, and if you want to buy 10 to just mine for profitability your better off getting a large ASIC. Its not possible for a single stick USB miner to be anywhere near as profitable as a large ASIC or GPUs because of economies of scale.

For example this miner half of the cost goes to ASIC, and the other half goes to assembly/component costs. For large miners its 90% ASIC cost and 10% Assembly/components because they can stick hundreds of ASICs into one miner.

MingMining

Activity: 202

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:54:37 AM

Quick ROI is not the point of this miner, and if you want to buy 10 to just mine for profitability your better off getting a large ASIC. Its not possible for a single stick USB miner to be anywhere near as profitable as a large ASIC or GPUs because of economies of scale.

For example this miner half of the cost goes to ASIC, and the other half goes to assembly/component costs. For large miners its 90% ASIC cost and 10% Assembly/components because they can stick hundreds of ASICs into one miner.

Thanks for the response. Still what is the point of this little cute device if not for mining for profit? or is it just for mining for fun?

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
soifigured

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:22:25 AM

Check out the Superpbag hubs...I personally use those too test these.

A separate instructions/support thread will be started closer to shipping. Things will be very similar to the original moonlander...so you can go over and ready that thread (linked in my sig) to get an idea of how these work.

Any other suggestions for hubs?  The superpbags seem to be out of stock at amazon and ebay.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:17:59 PM

omg  Shocked this is genius , or maybe the 5chip ones aswell? Cheesy

just placed a order of 5 at one of em' resellers ^_^

I never had any of the orbs, but I suspect there are folks that would like to upgrade those as well.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Astrali

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 01:13:33 PM

Thanks for the response. Still what is the point of this little cute device if not for mining for profit? or is it just for mining for fun?

i will not use it for litecoin directly - i am more in mining rather unknown altcoins - and sell them if the get some value.
its like lottery for fun with small values.

The Moonlander 2 is ~15x as fast as my gridseed 5 chip device i am currently using.
and yeah it would be cool to have a circuit board that would fit to upgrade my gridseed device with 3 or 4 of the moonlander chips Cheesy

overall at the price of ~70$ this device already got a great hash to watt ratio and is still somewhat fast.
mining scrypt with a GPU will leave you far behind this device. it just cant be compared with ETH (dagger hashimoto).

i cant wait to get my new toy Cheesy

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:36:19 PM

LoL. Why mine if not for profit? Well done jstefanop, you sold your product to gullible masses... Who might end up never turning a profit from these things because...

They...

Cost...

Too...

Much!

Efficiency is good, but it has its price too, you know.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:51:27 PM

LoL. Why mine if not for profit? Well done jstefanop, you sold your product to gullible masses... Who might end up never turning a profit from these things because...

They...

Cost...

Too...

Much!

Efficiency is good, but it has its price too, you know.

There are many reasons, and these sold out because there are many valid use cases, not because im selling this to "gullible masses" as you put it.

Main reason I personally build these is because you can get into Litecoin and mining at a very small cost compared to expensive, hot, and loud ASICs which are catered to centralized farms which many people cannot run in their homes.

You cant go up to your friend thats heard about crypto, but never got into it and hand him and L3+ and tell him to "try it" (youd have to be a very good friend to do this in the first place). Now you give him a small little USB device that he can just plug into his computer and use easily to mine real litecoins, have him see real value transferred to his account from "thin air", and be profitable on top and they are hooked.

I have said this from my original moonlander project and ill say it again, we sometimes get lost in the "profitability game" and its understandable, but sometimes we need to take a step back and remember why we are all really here. We are building, and now bringing mass adaption to a decentralized and revolutionary  new way to transact between people.

Revolutions are started an won by a small group of people willing to make a sacrifice by winning the hearts and minds of the masses...use this tool to do that Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: