Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:59:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: twitch.tv/stayeduptolate talking sports / sports betting Picks +12.12 BTC  (Read 313132 times)
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

Hello guys, I've been following this thread because i'm pretty sure there is some value to it. However the main drawback i can spot is that the records kept in this thread are not complete.
In order to get the real feel for what's going on, the best thing to do would be to list your bets with the odds you're getting and detail how you're combining your bets in parlays and how much you bet on each game/ parlay.

That is if you want to keep an accurate record. This would definitely shut down people throwing bad vibes in this thread.
Too much action is taking place here for me to track everything. I've been tracking some bets from different people around here, and without parlays, i can tell that, over a sample that is too small to be significant, most tipster here are in the red if every bets to be considered a single bet. Now that could well be a bad run, or just that if you do not parlays picks, you'll end up in the red. It's a matter of bettin strategy.

I'm mostly advocating for more details in the betting pattern (odds and strategy) in order to be accurate if you want a proper tracking done.

Thank you to all tipster in this thread anyway as you're all keeping it up in the front page, and doing a great job providing entertainment.
If you want a tracking done properly, you can send me your complete bets and odds (I'll set up some presentation rules for convenience sake, and i'll fill in a google spreadsheet very much like what i'm doing at the moment for my own picks)
Pm me with your email adress and we'll see what to do.

Great idea, we would be able to know who to follow and who not to follow.

I havent been tracking anything, but in the last two weeks combining stayeduptolates picks with a few of brampowers picks and a few of my own and throwing in a few parlays I have increased my bankroll 10%. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTChap

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:35:14 PM

Yeah it looks to me like parlays are key to get in the black in this thread. I'm a single bet man myself, and i was all excited when i saw 60 to 70%  accuracy Cheesy But got quickly back to reality when i started tracking some bets. Then again the sample i tracked is tiny so no definite conclusion should come out of it, but hints can still be extrapolated from the data i collected.

If you want more info on my viewing about sportsbetting, i have a thread i opened in the marketplace in the service section (probably burried deep enough by now) where i give the method i follow when i bet.

If it's alright with you Stayeduptolate, i could copy/ paste here the points i developped in my thread. This is only the strategy i use and not a sure way to make money. Tho i have been profitable overall, sportsbetting is no science and money is NeVeR garanteed. So only bet with money you can afford to lose. Even better, when you load your wallet at the bookie, consider your money lost. This way, ain't no bad surprise when you actually lose it.
stayeduptolate (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:39:18 PM

Yeah it looks to me like parlays are key to get in the black in this thread. I'm a single bet man myself, and i was all excited when i saw 60 to 70%  accuracy Cheesy But got quickly back to reality when i started tracking some bets. Then again the sample i tracked is tiny so no definite conclusion should come out of it, but hints can still be extrapolated from the data i collected.

If you want more info on my viewing about sportsbetting, i have a thread i opened in the marketplace in the service section (probably burried deep enough by now) where i give the method i follow when i bet.

If it's alright with you Stayeduptolate, i could copy/ paste here the points i developped in my thread. This is only the strategy i use and not a sure way to make money. Tho i have been profitable overall, sportsbetting is no science and money is NeVeR garanteed. So only bet with money you can afford to lose. Even better, when you load your wallet at the bookie, consider your money lost. This way, ain't no bad surprise when you actually lose it.

yes I am also going to send you a PM so we can get to tracking all my bets Smiley! Like I said guys this is an open thread you dont have to follow me or anyone or you can follow one person or them all the only goal I have for this thread is to win Bitcoin!
BTChap

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:03:14 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 01:16:19 PM by BTChap

Sent you a pm.
Once we get this spreasheet up and running, i'll make it available to whoever wants it.
Now for all my betting wisdom, you can find most of it in the following wall of text. I do accept tips :-)

14HH2Uc6oJevTWFJ5Ash6sgnKKZyBRtBk3

If you really wanna make money consistently by betting sports, you need 2 things:
1- A bankroll dedicated to sports betting (A sum of money that you will not need to do anything else. You want to keep your betting money separated from all other expenses. If you pay your bills with the profits ffrom the Yankees game, stop betting right now, you got more important things to do with your money, and also, you'll never be able to grow a significant BR if you keep nibbling at your winnings)
2- Keep an exact and accurate record of ALL your bets.

1- What you wanna be doing is betting a very small portion of your bankroll on any event. I usually go the 1% route.
That is to say: on each bet you wager 1% of your bankroll. No more, no less. No bet is a lock, someone who tells you "this bet is guarateed to go through" is lying to you. He might not do so with evil intentions, but he is lying to you.
For in sports betting, there is only one thing that is for sure: There is no certainty whatsoever. And this is how the bookies are making money.
That and Parlays. Stay away from teasers, parlay and other accumulator. Returns seems so huge you'll tell me. Well, those bets are the bread and butter of bookies. Ask your friend around, write down the games they're betting as accumulator and write down the odds for every individual game, and the odds for the accumulator itself. Crunch the numbers for a while and you'll see it for yourself.

The great thing about the 1% trick is that you can virtually never go broke. For each bet you win, the 1% is getting a bit bigger. For every bet you lose, it becomes smaller. Say you start with 1BTC as a bankroll. you lay 10 bets  of 0.01on the first day. you win all 10 of them. You now have, to keep the math simple, 1.1 BTC. Your unit is now 1% of 1.1BTC or 0.011. Doesn't seems like much. But in the long run it does add up. And sports betting is all about the long run.

This is why you wanna bet 1% and not 10%. When you bet 1%, you'll have time to find out if you're any good at this as you'll ahve more than 100 bets from your bankroll. If you're not good at this, you can still have a bankroll and have fun betting. No harms in that. If you happened to be good, well that's great, but you might have had a rough start. Losing 10 bets in a row isn't that rare of an occurence. In any sports, you'll have ups and downs. So give yourself time to pull through by being able to negociate rough patches. Bet only 1% of your BR at a time.

2- You do not want to be lying to yourself. In sports betting, and gambling in general, you are your worst enemy and your best friend. So make sure you stay friendly with yourself and track every bets as if your taxman was on you (and he will if you live in a country where gambling profits are taxed. You wanna make sure to pay your taxes, and for this you need a record as accurate as possible, you wouldn't want to be paying too much taxes, would you?)
A simple Xcel spreadsheet will do, a notepad file is good enough too, you can take screencap from your bookies, keep all your dockets from the bookie if you betting in a brick and mortar facility. Whatever the way, just stay honest and organised to track your results.

Whatever the reason you're doing it, be it for making profits, or just for fun, only gamble money you can afford to lose. Do not gamble above your means, even if according to Slimy Samy, "this bet is a lock, put your life savings on it".

Hope that will help some people looking to get into sports betting.

If you want more info on sports betting or gambling in general, feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to write content you might find interesting.

EDIT Some more ressources for those of you wondering some more subtle points on betting mathematics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parlay_(gambling)
http://rldinvestments.com/Kelly%20Calculator/js/Money%20Management.html
stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:05:34 PM

Sent you a pm.
Once we get this spreasheet up and running, i'll make it available to whoever wants it.
Now for all my betting wisdom, you can find most of it in the following wall of text. I do accept tips :-)

14HH2Uc6oJevTWFJ5Ash6sgnKKZyBRtBk3

If you really wanna make money consistently by betting sports, you need 2 things:
1- A bankroll dedicated to sports betting (A sum of money that you will not need to do anything else. You want to keep your betting money separated from all other expenses. If you pay your bills with the profits ffrom the Yankees game, stop betting right now, you got more important things to do with your money, and also, you'll never be able to grow a significant BR if you keep nibbling at your winnings)
2- Keep an exact and accurate record of ALL your bets.

1- What you wanna be doing is betting a very small portion of your bankroll on any event. I usually go the 1% route.
That is to say: on each bet you wager 1% of your bankroll. No more, no less. No bet is a lock, someone who tells you "this bet is guarateed to go through" is lying to you. He might not do so with evil intentions, but he is lying to you.
For in sports betting, there is only one thing that is for sure: There is no certainty whatsoever. And this is how the bookies are making money.
That and Parlays. Stay away from teasers, parlay and other accumulator. Returns seems so huge you'll tell me. Well, those bets are the bread and butter of bookies. Ask your friend around, write down the games they're betting as accumulator and write down the odds for every individual game, and the odds for the accumulator itself. Crunch the numbers for a while and you'll see it for yourself.

The great thing about the 1% trick is that you can virtually never go broke. For each bet you win, the 1% is getting a bit bigger. For every bet you lose, it becomes smaller. Say you start with 1BTC as a bankroll. you lay 10 bets  of 0.01on the first day. you win all 10 of them. You now have, to keep the math simple, 1.1 BTC. Your unit is now 1% of 1.1BTC or 0.011. Doesn't seems like much. But in the long run it does add up. And sports betting is all about the long run.

This is why you wanna bet 1% and not 10%. When you bet 1%, you'll have time to find out if you're any good at this as you'll ahve more than 100 bets from your bankroll. If you're not good at this, you can still have a bankroll and have fun betting. No harms in that. If you happened to be good, well that's great, but you might have had a rough start. Losing 10 bets in a row isn't that rare of an occurence. In any sports, you'll have ups and downs. So give yourself time to pull through by being able to negociate rough patches. Bet only 1% of your BR at a time.

2- You do not want to be lying to yourself. In sports betting, and gambling in general, you are your worst enemy and your best friend. So make sure you stay friendly with yourself and track every bets as if your taxman was on you (and he will if you live in a country where gambling profits are taxed. You wanna make sure to pay your taxes, and for this you need a record as accurate as possible, you wouldn't want to be paying too much taxes, would you?)
A simple Xcel spreadsheet will do, a notepad file is good enough too, you can take screencap from your bookies, keep all your dockets from the bookie if you betting in a brick and mortar facility. Whatever the way, just stay honest and organised to track your results.

Whatever the reason you're doing it, be it for making profits, or just for fun, only gamble money you can afford to lose. Do not gamble above your means, even if according to Slimy Samy, "this bet is a lock, put your life savings on it".

Hope that will help some people looking to get into sports betting.

If you want more info on sports betting or gambling in general, feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to write content you might find interesting.

great advice please all read this!^^^
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:03:56 PM

today starting with this parlay

PARLAY

Roma v Chievo                   Roma
Villarreal v Getafe               Villarreal
Granada v Atlético Madrid    Atlético Madrid           0.1   back 0.272

Primera División     SPAIN
Granada v Atlético Madrid    Atlético Madrid-1.5     0.05  back  0.12

Serie A     ITALY
Roma v Chievo                   Roma-1.5                  0.1   back  0.18

Good luck for all Grin

stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:05:08 PM

ok everyone 3 soccer games I like today went 3-1 yesterday!

TAKE Athletic Bilbao
21:00 Athletic Bilbao v Elche

TAKE Atletico Madrid
19:00 Granada v Atletico Madrid

TAKE Roma
19:45 Roma v Chievo

GL ALL LETS GO 3-0

Here is the book I use bitbook.biz
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:11:56 PM

first of all want to ask stayuptolate you read all these rules for betting I try 2 time but once monitor moving secondly my eyes  moving its too much for sports betting and  good luck for tips in soccer from both sides  Smiley

stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:18:28 PM

first of all want to ask stayuptolate you read all these rules for betting I try 2 time but once monitor moving secondly my eyes  moving its too much for sports betting and  good luck for tips in soccer from both sides  Smiley

did I read all his rules he posted?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:20:08 PM

Hello guys, I've been following this thread because i'm pretty sure there is some value to it. However the main drawback i can spot is that the records kept in this thread are not complete.
In order to get the real feel for what's going on, the best thing to do would be to list your bets with the odds you're getting and detail how you're combining your bets in parlays and how much you bet on each game/ parlay.

That is if you want to keep an accurate record. This would definitely shut down people throwing bad vibes in this thread.
Too much action is taking place here for me to track everything. I've been tracking some bets from different people around here, and without parlays, i can tell that, over a sample that is too small to be significant, most tipster here are in the red if every bets to be considered a single bet. Now that could well be a bad run, or just that if you do not parlays picks, you'll end up in the red. It's a matter of bettin strategy.

I'm mostly advocating for more details in the betting pattern (odds and strategy) in order to be accurate if you want a proper tracking done.

Thank you to all tipster in this thread anyway as you're all keeping it up in the front page, and doing a great job providing entertainment.
If you want a tracking done properly, you can send me your complete bets and odds (I'll set up some presentation rules for convenience sake, and i'll fill in a google spreadsheet very much like what i'm doing at the moment for my own picks)

+1 on this. It's essential that all tipsters post on line of basic stats when the games are over. No need to paint red or green, colors gives absolutely no info if the post with tips is successful or not. The most basic necessary line is:

- ... xx.xx BTC at the end of each tip (game) line
- yy.yy BTC in -> zz.zz BTC out at the end of the post with tips, after the final outcome of all events is known.
The green/red colored lines doesn't show if the money is gained or not. This way you can browse the end of the posts of each tipsters and see in a second if he is good.

Thanks to everyone for great tips in this thread! Let's make this much better with adding this tipster success data!
BTChap

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:20:15 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 02:39:20 PM by BTChap

Stayeduptolate:
I'm taking they're singles?
If so this is what i have. Can you tell us how much is at stake for each game?

Athletic Bilbao   ML   -151
Atheltic Madrid   ML   -197
Roma                   ML   -405

If you've combined some games let me know.

Saif92:

Making it easy to track, that's very nice!
If i can push it a bit further and ask you to add the odds for each team of the parlays, that'd be absolutely perfect.

Parlays

Atletico Madrid ML (1.507 / -197)
Granada vs. Atletico Madrid
 Villarreal ML (1.465 / -215)
Villarreal vs. Getafe
 AS Roma ML (1.247 / -405)
AS Roma vs. Chievo
Combined odds: 2.753 / +175 (1/175) (I don't count the returned stakes, i simply put the net profit form the bet)

Singles

La Liga
Atheltico Madrid -1.5  +156 (0.05/ 0.075)

Serie A
AS Roma -1.5  -122 (1/0.819)

I don't think we need to specify the whole game everytime, as long as we know what sports we're on about (soccer NHL NBA etc etc), which league we're talking about (La Liga, EreDivise, NHL, MLS etc etc) and get the complete name of the team (NY Islanders, Real MAdrid, NY knicks, etc etc)

So maybe post all future picks like this

SPORTS DATE
COUNTRY/LEAGUE
COMPLETE TEAM NAME, TYPE OF BET, ODDS, STAKES

ie

Soccer 28/10/2013
German League
Bayern Munich, ML, -500, 500BTC

Seems like this would be the most efficient way of posting
stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:20:56 PM

+1 on this. It's essential that all tipsters post on line of basic stats when the games are over. No need to paint red or green, colors gives absolutely no info if the post with tips is successful or not. The most basic necessary line is:

- ... xx.xx BTC at the end of each tip (game) line
- yy.yy BTC in -> zz.zz BTC out at the end of the post with tips, after the final outcome of all events is known.
The green/red colored lines doesn't show if the money is gained or not. This way you can browse the end of the posts of each tipsters and see in a second if he is good.

Thanks to everyone for great tips in this thread! Let's make this much better with adding this tipster success data!

yup am working with btc chap now to get a spreadsheet up so everyone can see how I am doing Smiley
stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:21:58 PM

TAKE Athletic Bilbao

TAKE Atletico Madrid

TAKE Roma

GL ALL LETS GO 3-0

for new page Smiley
stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:22:49 PM

Stayeduptolate:
I'm taking they're singles?
If so this is what i have. Can you tell us how much is at stake for each game?

Athletic Bilbao   ML   -151
Atheltic Madrid   ML   -197
Roma                   ML   -405

If you've combined some games let me know.

Saif92:

Making it easy to track, that's very nice!
If i can push it a bit further and ask you to add the odds for each team of the parlays, that'd be absolutely perfect.

they are all .1 I also have a parlay of them all at .05 Smiley
brampower

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 03:10:34 PM by brampower

My soccer picks for today:

Parlay:
Spain
Granada v Atletico Madrid
Atletico Madrid ML

Italy
Roma v Chievo
Roma ML

Putting .15 BTC on this parlay

----------------------------

Straight bets:

Spain
Villarreal vs. Getafe
Villarreal ML (0.075 BTC)

Spain
Real Betis vs. Levante
Real Betis ML (0.05 BTC)

Italy
Roma v Chievo
Over 2.5 Goals (0.1 BTC)

English Conference
Salisbury v Hereford
Salisbury ML (0.025 BTC)

Please as always CHECK MY STAKES so you know which I'm most comfortable about and which I'm not comfortable about! I have been receiving some PMs from people crying because they lost a bunch of BTC because they bet BIG on a game that I put .025 on. First of all if you lose it is not my problem I am trying to help you guys but can never be 100% correct. Second of all don't follow anyone blindly if you see me making a pick you don't like DO NOT take it with me, it's that simple! And last but not least if I put .025 BTC on something it obviously means it's a long shot but I like the odds so it's always worth trying. I am not going for a 100% success rate here I am trying to get the highest BTC return each day!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:57:40 PM

TAKE Athletic Bilbao

TAKE Atletico Madrid

TAKE Roma

GL ALL LETS GO 3-0

Im following these and made a parlay with AS Roma and Atletico Madrid on bitbook.biz
Good luck everyone, Sorry my 200 to 1 tennis parlay lost yesterday Tongue
stayeduptolate (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:04:26 PM

TAKE Athletic Bilbao

TAKE Atletico Madrid

TAKE Roma

GL ALL LETS GO 3-0

Im following these and made a parlay with AS Roma and Atletico Madrid on bitbook.biz
Good luck everyone, Sorry my 200 to 1 tennis parlay lost yesterday Tongue

its ok and good luck bud!
BTChap

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:12:48 PM

My soccer picks for today:

Parlay:
Spain
Granada v Atletico Madrid
Atletico Madrid ML -197

Italy
Roma v Chievo
Roma ML -405

Putting .15 BTC on this parlay at -114

----------------------------

Straight bets:

Spain
Villarreal vs. Getafe
Villarreal ML -215 (0.075 BTC)

Spain
Real Betis vs. Levante
Real Betis ML -103 (0.05 BTC)

Italy
Roma v Chievo
Over 2.5 Goals -118 (0.1 BTC)

English Conference
Salisbury v Hereford
Salisbury ML (0.025 BTC)

I added the odds i found on Bitbook.biz
Apart for the last game, don't know where you found this game Cheesy

Please add the odds and maybe where you placed your bet so that people can follow you and know what price they should expect in case of line variations.
Cheers man

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:16:43 PM

Thanks for the picks Bram!  Keep up the good work and LOL @ anyone PMing you crying because they lost money. That's hilarious to me... it's not like they are paying for your tips and losing.  

I have done really well since following this thread, but I don't keep track of any of my picks.  I started to but then it was too time consuming since I do a lot of parlays and they are just tedious to track.  For example, I did over 30 parlays last weekend for NCAA FB and NFL.  I know that I came out ahead because my bank roll was larger when all the picks were graded.  But it takes long enough for me to actually place the bets, so I don't have any desire to actually track them.

Props to BTChap for taking the time to track everything, and for everyone here for all of the great picks.  

NOTE: DO NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE HERE AND EXPECT TO WIN!   I APPRECIATE BRAM'S PICKS BECAUSE I DON'T FOLLOW SOCCER AT ALL BUT IF I WERE TO LOSE ON A BET I WOULD NEVER TAKE IT OUT ON HIM.  THAT WOULD BE SILLY TOMFOOLERY.  
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:18:14 PM

English Conference
Salisbury v Hereford
Salisbury ML (0.025 BTC)
+107 per NitrogenSports @ 10:17 CDT

There ya go, Chap.

BTW, I hit on Dallas and San Antonio last night if anyone was following my NBA picks... also got paid off nicely for the World Series win in Boston Smiley

Stupid Heat ruined my 7 team parlay, though.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: