Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help receiving BCH  (Read 822 times)
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:28:20 PM

Arena that coinomi can be a little biggy sometimes, maybe try another wallet. Eas it a bip38 encypted privkey?

When I export the key on multibit classic it says base58.
I heard blockchain.info was going to have BCH as well, maybe they will credit the coins for me. If not I will install electron on another computer and try it.

I'm actually in a very long discussion with someone having your same problem, he is downloading ABC wallet now.
Have a look, maybe it can be of some help:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2117375.new#new

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patt0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:34:38 PM

Arena that coinomi can be a little biggy sometimes, maybe try another wallet. Eas it a bip38 encypted privkey?

I heard blockchain.info was going to have BCH as well, maybe they will credit the coins for me. If not I will install electron on another computer and try it.

I'm actually in a very long discussion with someone having your same problem, he is downloading ABC wallet now.

Yes, just saw it, and it's exactly the same thing. Although we did not use the same wallet, we both imported the address to blockchain.info at some point, and we both don't that that message on coinomi, where we should see the balance that would be transferred. It says creating transaction and then it jumps to balance with 0 BCH. I have a friend that used coinomi wiith no problems, I guess I will see if I can use his phone or something. If not, I will keep an eye on the other thread,to see if the ABC worked. I can also try to get electron on another computer or virtual machine. I really preferred coinomi because it was so much easier :/

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:15:48 AM

I was able to import a Multibit Classic private key into a Bitcoin Core wallet.dat (and then spending the BTC and finally running the wallet.dat in Bitcoin ABC with the -zapwallettxes command line option).

I assume that importing the private key into Bitcoin ABC directly should be exactly the same as importing it into Bitcoin Core, and I expect this to work for you.
erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:27:41 AM

Yes, just saw it, and it's exactly the same thing. Although we did not use the same wallet, we both imported the address to blockchain.info at some point, and we both don't that that message on coinomi, where we should see the balance that would be transferred. It says creating transaction and then it jumps to balance with 0 BCH. I have a friend that used coinomi wiith no problems, I guess I will see if I can use his phone or something. If not, I will keep an eye on the other thread,to see if the ABC worked. I can also try to get electron on another computer or virtual machine. I really preferred coinomi because it was so much easier :/

We finally managed to do that Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you re-read the discussion, seems like coinomi was just a little buggy. Try to use it on a different phone and make the import multiple times, it should work. Do not use QR, copy-paste or insert the priv key manually. Avoid electron cash if possible, ABC wallet would be slower but more secure.

Do not install ABC in the same partition ad QT-core wallet

patt0 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:14:37 PM

We finally managed to do that Smiley Smiley Smiley

If you re-read the discussion, seems like coinomi was just a little buggy. Try to use it on a different phone and make the import multiple times, it should work. Do not use QR, copy-paste or insert the priv key manually. Avoid electron cash if possible, ABC wallet would be slower but more secure.

Do not install ABC in the same partition ad QT-core wallet

Just saw the thread. Thanks man, I guess I will try it a few more times, and on a different phone as well.
I will let you know if it worked for me as well. I guess it should only be a matter of time apparently.

patt0 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:33:54 PM

I tried on a different phone and it worked there (using the "normal" key I get from multibit and from a qr code was fine).
I guess it was some problem with the wallet. Got no warnings on the google play, but I guess it didn't work very well on my phone.

All fine now, thanks for your help.

erre
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:05:50 PM

I tried on a different phone and it worked there (using the "normal" key I get from multibit and from a qr code was fine).
I guess it was some problem with the wallet. Got no warnings on the google play, but I guess it didn't work very well on my phone.

All fine now, thanks for your help.

I'm glad that it worked Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: