Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CANADA to regulate ICO. RUSSIA is next?  (Read 3037 times)
HotelChain (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:14:09 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 06:00:58 PM by HotelChain

There is another big step towards market regulation. Canada following US and Singapore claims that any coin during ICO/ITO to be security. Staff Notice 46-307 issued by Canadian Securities Administrators  reveals that many of the digital tokens investigated by regulators in Canada fall under the definition of a security, thereby triggering a range of legal requirements.

This means that Canada closed their boarders to almost all ICO campaigns. Will it affect behavior of Canadian cryptoenthusiasts? (Opinion of Canadian and US residents are highly appreciated).

What country is next to regulate ICO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:18:20 PM

It's common to post a link when you start a thread:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Staff+Notice+46-307&oq=Staff+Notice+46-307&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just a statement that ICOs may fall under current regulations.
ragtimebetty

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 05:26:11 PM

I don't think it will affect cryptoenthusiasts too much, it will set things back a bit, but Im sure it will be re-evaluated overtime.  
clif_high

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:18:29 PM

China is next. I'm curious about the outcome, because China's market of ICOs is very big and promising.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:38:45 PM

I think the European Union will soon regulate ICOs. There is so much over the top regulation of the securities market in the EU that I'm surprised the EU hasn't issued a directive already.
industria77

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:47:19 PM

Canada's regulatory regime is a bit unique in that broad scope is given to the individual provinces' securities regulators. this means you may have varying approaches to the problem. On the plus side, Canadian regulators at least in Ontario and BC have been very knowledgeable, receptive, and eager to engage with the industry. On the negative side, it's uncommon for any province to go far outside the norm as set by the SEC.

Canada's version of the Howey Test is set by the Pacific Coin Exchange case:
* https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/4380/index.do

For any Canadian "cryptoenthusiast" this announcement shouldn't have come as a surprise as it's largely the stance that the BC and ON province regulators have taken thus far.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

This is step forward, when governments starts to regulate ICO`s they are here to stay. I saw this links you shared, but they are
very long and with many not important informations for most of us here, can someone share some shorter version?
   Who is next is just guessing game, Canada is big country and US will follow, then China, Japan, Australia, EU.. couple more countries
and that is whole world. I wonder will Canada make some list of good and bad alt-coins, like they will favor some alt-coins, but some
will be forbidden. This list can make some coins to increase in price a lot.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dullmartini

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

This is step forward, when governments starts to regulate ICO`s they are here to stay. I saw this links you shared, but they are
very long and with many not important informations for most of us here, can someone share some shorter version?
   Who is next is just guessing game, Canada is big country and US will follow, then China, Japan, Australia, EU.. couple more countries
and that is whole world. I wonder will Canada make some list of good and bad alt-coins, like they will favor some alt-coins, but some

Regulation will give people confidence about the legitimacy of an ico and the team behind it. However, if they adopt similar rules that are for other types of securities now, like the prospectus and requirement to sell only through a dealer, that would make it very expensive to have an ico and more expensive for us as someone has to pay the middle man. I think that would stifle innovation in the ico space (along with stifling scams)
Alcarin

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:46:13 PM

Regulation will give people confidence about the legitimacy of an ico and the team behind it. However, if they adopt similar rules that are for other types of securities now, like the prospectus and requirement to sell only through a dealer, that would make it very expensive to have an ico and more expensive for us as someone has to pay the middle man. I think that would stifle innovation in the ico space (along with stifling scams)

I dont mind ICO regulation as long as I dont need no brokers and middlemans etc...

Very happy if you use my ref link:
Kuccoin: https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=E3I9Ij
HotelChain (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:51:16 PM

Canada's regulatory regime is a bit unique in that broad scope is given to the individual provinces' securities regulators. this means you may have varying approaches to the problem. On the plus side, Canadian regulators at least in Ontario and BC have been very knowledgeable, receptive, and eager to engage with the industry. On the negative side, it's uncommon for any province to go far outside the norm as set by the SEC.

Canada's version of the Howey Test is set by the Pacific Coin Exchange case:
* https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/4380/index.do

For any Canadian "cryptoenthusiast" this announcement shouldn't have come as a surprise as it's largely the stance that the BC and ON province regulators have taken thus far.

The whole notice seems to be positive as the regulatores are aware of changes and try to seek the way out of current situation. It is up for canadian cryptoenthusiasts whether to start collaborating or not. It seems to me that this way is rather difficult and will lead to ICO cost increase and would be rather time consuming. More obvious is to seek for offshore jurisdiction and conduct ICO there.

It won't take you much time to read 8 pages, but I think they are rather useful. I agree that there are not so many countries left for regulation. The questions is what to expect for ICO performers -Canada nad other countries contributors to coin legislation will not make the list of good and bad altcoins. But they can create list of legal and not legal coins. In this case many altcoins can face a lot of suits against them, so the price will go down.
artwiz

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:10:07 PM

Today I heard that Russia is going to regulate cryptocurrency market - no unqualifed individuals allowed to buy/sell cryptocurrencies. Only through brokers on Moscow exchange. The last hope is Crimea which could be a hub for crypto enthusiasts. The Quesition is if enthusiasts are eager to move to breakeaway region?!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:07:56 PM

I prefer expert opinion on this or opinions of those passionate about Cryptocurrency  NOT opinions of those who joined for the financial gains. People still don't understand the purpose of Cryptocurrency.  Bitcoin has never been regulated yet its doing just fine. Smh
PenStand

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:19:44 PM

ICO regulation is a good thing, we have too much scam coins or tokens recently.

Blazarius120

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:29:10 PM

Canada is going to regulate, not prevent you from investing per say. With Russia they make it sound like they want to prevent regular people from participating in ICOs much like the United States. ICO's will then have to abide by the regulations set by the governing body in Canada presumably.

karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:41:00 PM

Australia regulate ICO bcs idk if not i think their is next, but not Russia lol they people don't care about shit like that ALSO they people do ICO in other countries
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:52:45 PM

There is another big step towards market regulation. Canada following US and Singapore claims that any coin during ICO/ITO to be security. Staff Notice 46-307 issued by Canadian Securities Administrators  reveals that many of the digital tokens investigated by regulators in Canada fall under the definition of a security, thereby triggering a range of legal requirements.

This means that Canada closed their boarders to almost all ICO campaigns. Will it affect behavior of Canadian cryptoenthusiasts? (Opinion of Canadian and US residents are highly appreciated).

What country is next to regulate ICO?

Canada is more free than Russia. So this is normal for Canada to allow people conduct ICO. Russia is more rigid and they don't welcome ICO things warmly. Australia can be the next one instead of Russia.
william8829

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:56:32 PM

Canada is going to regulate, not prevent you from investing per say. With Russia they make it sound like they want to prevent regular people from participating in ICOs much like the United States. ICO's will then have to abide by the regulations set by the governing body in Canada presumably.

Russias crypto regulations are related to its plan to implement its own cryptocurrency called, BitRuble.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/we-cant-keep-crypto-under-lock-and-key-anymore-says-senior-russian-politician
BornBlazed

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 12:32:35 AM

New Rules and protocols for Institutional investors playing with peoples pension funds, Hardly Doom and Gloom. Canada about too have a Japan Moment  Grin

Easy to Claim Ecoins Airdrop! https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/wczxkq0
francism

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:47:08 AM

It's all about the humongous  money involved in every ICO's. If it wasn't for millions of dollars being collected by those get rich quick devs, maybe there will be no ICO regulation coming.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:03:51 AM

That's exactly the same position as the SEC. Think about it. Both the SEC and CSA said that these ICOs may fall under the definition of a security triggering massive legal requirements for those running ICOs. That means that, until further notice, they are fully subject to the same restrictions as other stocks (which no ICOs are complying with at all).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: