Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:28:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King Russia Introduces The "Whoppercoin"  (Read 24694 times)
goblin11

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:25:38 PM

5 reasons to consider this coin as a deception

1. The coin was created only for the territory of Russia
2. the coin is traded only on YoBit(this exchange trades in questionable coins)
3. the coin does not have a website
4. This coin is empty in the conductor, there were no transactions
5. on the site Burger Kings there is no information about this crypto currency, there is not even a hint of it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
netmillionaire

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:05:09 PM

I have received a reply from Burger King Russia regarding the current status of the WhopperCoin and they mentioned the following points:

1) Currently WhopperCoins are not being issued until completion of the new mobile application.
2) The reason for the new mobile application is to prevent fraudulent usage.
4) All WhopperCoin holders can still use their WhopperCoins at any Burger King branch in Russia.
5) Burger King Russia are legally obligated to accept WhopperCoins for the purchase of a Whopper Burger.

Wow! 1700 WhopperCoins will get you a Whopper Burger and with the current trading price only 2 satoshi, that’s 3400 satoshi for a WhopperCoin - Bargain!
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:12:06 PM

I have received a reply from Burger King Russia regarding the current status of the WhopperCoin and they mentioned the following points:

1) Currently WhopperCoins are not being issued until completion of the new mobile application.
4) All WhopperCoin holders can still use their WhopperCoins at any Burger King branch in Russia.
5) Burger King Russia are legally obligated to accept WhopperCoins for the purchase of a Whopper Burger.

Wow! 1700 WhopperCoins will get you a Whopper Burger and with the current trading price only 2 satoshi, that’s 3400 satoshi for a WhopperCoin - Bargain!

Anyone here can help verify this claim?

Anyway, sounds fun to me. There are a lot of coins/tokens targeting loyalty points and rewards programs though, why'd they develop their own?

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
goblin11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:36:15 PM

you can provide this correspondence for public inspection, so that the coin holders were calm
kaineh

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:42:16 PM

A good trend. Every large corporation should issue its own crypto currency - this will encourage many governments to finally understand and accept the presence of a new serious market - the Crypto-Currency market
Adam_Smith

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:31:20 PM

I do not even know. I would not participate in projects from the Russians. It's not a political issue, but I just know what they are capable of. In the world of crypto currency, everything is based on trust. Do not be surprised if more than half of their programs or scams or for some reason do not delay payments to participants.

anindo

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

Burger Kings Russia is a very strange organization. Their marketing works on the brink of falling. Around them there are scandals, especially concerning their plans, advertising and activities. Therefore, I do not believe that everything they say about will actually be. Recently they announced the beginning of casting in the Presidents of Russia ...
dasha_buka

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

No honestly, some Russian projects are very good and enough of them , but Russia is considered fraudulent and strange so gentle and staraetsya it , although you should pay attention to some of the projects from rossiskih developers
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:41:19 PM

No honestly, some Russian projects are very good and enough of them , but Russia is considered fraudulent and strange so gentle and staraetsya it , although you should pay attention to some of the projects from rossiskih developers

That why you do your research. Russia produces some good coins like Ethereum and same goes for China for creating NEO.
Kozlov

Activity: 212

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:00:57 PM

The general lack of transparency with Russian projects doesn't fill me with much joy..

Burger King Russia is a franchise, and while its name lends some credibility to the project - they are getting 'paid' to lend it this legitimacy.

I'm following the thread but this seems a bit fishy.

goblin11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:36:54 AM

That why you do your research. Russia produces some good coins like Ethereum and same goes for China for creating NEO.
who told you that Eteraum, this is the Russian project. its creator, the son of a Russian emigrant, but that does not mean that this is a Russian project.
Edrahil67
Copper Member

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:47:18 AM

he will serve as a precursor and hopefully other will follow  !
netmillionaire

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:18:28 AM

By the way, there is a small 1 satoshi wall if anyone wants a few for a cheap amount.
Panteleymon

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:28:23 AM

It sounds like not a crypto currency, but a regular discount, which operates only in the same shops or cafes. I do not think that they will complicate their lives and spend large sums to replace databases that are already successfully working. If earlier it was called simply points, now it's coins. Sly traders try to follow new trends. From the side it sounds extremely stupid and pointless, but marketing is marketing. You do not need any sense when it comes to advertising. Verbiage.
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:31:16 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-25/burger-king-russia-introduces-whoppercoin-fast-food-industrys-first-digital-currency
“The Whoppercoin launched in tandem with a new loyalty program. For each Whopper burger customers purchase, they'll receive one Whoppercoin in a special cryptocurrency wallet. While the coins’ wider use is unclear, some reports suggest that the Whoppercoin will be accepted as payment at Burger Kings across Russia.”
Dat Sound Great !
What do you think about this news  ?^^ Any russian gonna try  it ? give us some feedback please

This is really the best thing happened in Russia today, Burger King and other Russian fast food chains will soon adapt fully in blockchain and Cryptocurrency as another mode of payment for their food items, products and all kinds of services.
This will educate more to people what is blockchain and Cryptocurrency is all about and will soon our fiat will be replaced by cryptocurrency in the near future.

Kolokoy

Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:47:07 AM

he will serve as a precursor and hopefully other will follow  !

Indeed, this will trigger to some fast food chains and other business establishments into adaptation of Cryptocurrency and blockchain as another mode of payments for their products and services in order for them to attract more customers.
I'm an overseas worker and I will soon open my business cafe in my town and will accept also cryptocurrency as my another mode of payment because I want also to educate the people and my friends why cryptocurrency is important to our community.

newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:42:09 AM

They try to spread out their profit.
Burger King always got a lot of competitor like MC Donald, KFC, Lotte, etc.
They just try to do their business, I don't think their coin will worth it.
However, it would be like a permanent coupon, discount, or get your little cash back when you spend your money on their meal (such as credit card).

Curious that I have just found this thread. Suppose this WhopperCoin will have a success and become a popular alt. I do not see anything bad that Russian Burger King is searching for additional income.

Watch the video about this coin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmdSAUFN5E
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:54:17 AM

Why do they need crypto here? just hype? This looks like electronic discount card and nothing more? or there is miners there? or POS;) holders can vote for new burgers)

cryptonianz

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:23:28 PM

Isn't that the same as coupons? You buy their product, you get discounts. What are they trying to achieve here?  Grin

Well, if the coupons are tradable, you could in theory buy a burger with any crypto. Mine coins, transfer to Whoppercoins, eat burgers.

If you can get them cheap enough then why not. Sounds like a good way to get burgers to me.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:44:47 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-25/burger-king-russia-introduces-whoppercoin-fast-food-industrys-first-digital-currency

“The Whoppercoin launched in tandem with a new loyalty program. For each Whopper burger customers purchase, they'll receive one Whoppercoin in a special cryptocurrency wallet. While the coins’ wider use is unclear, some reports suggest that the Whoppercoin will be accepted as payment at Burger Kings across Russia.”

Dat Sound Great !
What do you think about this news  ?^^ Any russian gonna try  it ? give us some feedback please

Definitely im not a russian,but this is a great idea of marketing strategy,i thinks that idea will become successful,because,everybody want to eat  whooper burger,and everytime you buy a whooper coin you can get an incentive of one whooper burger to eat,so its nice idea you can earn profit when you buy  whooper coin and at same time your stomache is full.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: