Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why are most ICOs price per coin less than 1$?  (Read 60 times)
ningo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:18:27 PM

I have observed that most of the project token price is often less than 1$ so the token supply are often too plenty so I want to know why they do not make the price per token expensive and reduce the supply. I think an expensive token with small supply is better.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:28:13 PM

Dumb money that doesn't understand simple variables like circulating supply and market cap think that coins it's easier for a coin with a lower price to see 2x or exponential growth in comparison to a high priced coin. So ICOs who are looking to maximize funding take advantage of this.
dylanmeter

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:35:41 PM

I have observed that most of the project token price is often less than 1$ so the token supply are often too plenty so I want to know why they do not make the price per token expensive and reduce the supply. I think an expensive token with small supply is better.

firstly, I think the price of ICO should be pegged below $1,because  alot of Tokens fall dip after ICO. then why have to sell high.. for a good project, it doesn't matter how much price per token but how it could grow from any price upwards. Secondly,  If ICO price was high like $1, there won't be massive Investors to buy them, so the lower you price the greater it calls for good marketing.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:47:20 PM

In fact they are using the wrong calculation and if you are seeing that how the majority of them are putting the rate of ethereum when it was on the peak price rather than use the current ethereum price.
It lookls very wrong decision and the majority of them can't build the hype and momentum.
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:18:26 AM

I think the price of coins drops after ico because bitcoin and market prices are going down, and also investors who want to buy the coins very cheaply and want to sell it at a high price so he gets a profit.
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:25:41 AM

I think, this is for marketing and to attract more investor . If the price is high from ico , only people that can afford will be able to be part of it. Also when you look at the value, the more number of coins you can hold for a certain price the more attractive for it to invest. Lets say, $10 = 10 coins vs $10 = 100 coins , in that view , I will choose the latter price.

thaokhuyen02

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:25:59 AM

Most of the alcohols are under $ 1, taking up a certain amount of time, and their prices have increased dramatically, as alcohols are really useful and have been accepted by many people. BTC or ETH was initially cheap because people did not accept it
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:28:37 AM

Because a lot of ICO investors just want to make money through ICO.
So when token appear on exchanges, there is a massive sell-off, which has led most of them to fall below the issue price.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
CuapCuap

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:20:33 AM

Not necessarily, it all depends on the project project, if from the project allows the token is sold expensive expensive ICO price will be expensive. if ICO is expensive, what if the coin can not compete with other coins when listing in the market? of course investors will lose.

wmenurut me no matter the price of cheap coins in the beginning, as long as the listing can be accepted market and can compete with other coins of course the price will be high by itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: