Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit helping BTC  (Read 1751 times)
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:40:43 PM

Litecoin has gone to $64 all the way from $5. Segwit helped it happen. Will things like support for lightning network significantly assist Bitcoin's price?

After the fork, although the segwit has been moved, it also pushed the bitcoin to a higher value. This shows that bitcoin is completely capable of development as any other currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:12:49 PM

Litecoin has gone to $64 all the way from $5. Segwit helped it happen. Will things like support for lightning network significantly assist Bitcoin's price?
Well it already is helping BTC a bit, and the plan of segwit was to help BTC all along so yes it will help BTC. Now already the transaction fees have lowered. But I think it's still too soon to decide if segwit is helping or not.
Segwit implementation on Litecoin was a lab test for Bitcoin and successfully activation left no one doubt, it was the path to take Bitcoin. The scaling turned from what to do, to how to implement Segwit. Yesterday both Litecoin and Bitcoin were at their best, making new ATHs. But for the possibility of the hard fork aspect of Segwit2x billed for November, would have sufficed to say the lunar trip is finally here.

Lowering of transaction fees and confirmation time are some of the attributes Segwit is bringing on board, it however would not be automatic.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:38:13 PM

After the fork, although the segwit has been moved, it also pushed the bitcoin to a higher value. This shows that bitcoin is completely capable of development as any other currency.
It seems the mentality of trader happy after receive a huge money from Bitcoin Cash.
Because after take profit from free money, they will buy altcoin or simple transfer to Bitcoin again and holding for continue the ride.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:31:54 PM

Nobody uses SegWit on Litecoin. It was just the hype around the "SegWit-News".

SegWit wont help BTC in the short term. it will need months until everybody uses SegWit (Like Wallets etc.).

I hope LTC will be obsolete one day, when BTC managed to scale.

Don't hate on BTC's little crypto brother! While I don't see many use cases for LTC that BTC doesn't already cover, it's an incredibly useful testbed. Also it's always good to have a backup Smiley

I agree with everything else you say though. However I'm afraid that SegWit also won't help BTC in the long term, as 2nd layer solutions will be needed for that.
I agree with this, I do not know why but despite all the love bitcoin receives in the forum, it seems litecoin does not get a lot of recognition, litecoin is great for the simple reason that it give to us a backup in case bitcoin fails.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:52:34 PM

SegWit wont help BTC in the short term. it will need months until everybody uses SegWit (Like Wallets etc.).

Don't hate on BTC's little crypto brother! While I don't see many use cases for LTC that BTC doesn't already cover, it's an incredibly useful testbed. Also it's always good to have a backup Smiley

I agree with everything else you say though. However I'm afraid that SegWit also won't help BTC in the long term, as 2nd layer solutions will be needed for that.
I agree with this, I do not know why but despite all the love bitcoin receives in the forum, it seems litecoin does not get a lot of recognition, litecoin is great for the simple reason that it give to us a backup in case bitcoin fails.
Why bitcoin will be fail i think its impossible to happen they are always have a backup for bitcoin every time they are doing something they are testing and save the backup so that if there is something wrong about the upgrade they can be upload the save just to fix and get bitcoin normal again..
So i think LTC will be forever altcoin ..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
winterland

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:55:15 PM

Why bitcoin will be fail i think its impossible to happen they are always have a backup for bitcoin every time they are doing something they are testing and save the backup so that if there is something wrong about the upgrade they can be upload the save just to fix and get bitcoin normal again..
So i think LTC will be forever altcoin ..
I’m not saying that bitcoin is going to fail, what I’m saying is that the possibility is there, we cannot ruled it out and in case that happens litecoin is there just in case, that way we do not have to start over once again.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:08:45 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 10:18:09 AM by tristan1960

Do you really see litecoin as the bitcoin alternative? Litecoin itself is just a bitcoin clon. It has no special features compared with bitcoin.

I like it too, but I never think it in this way.
winterland

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

Do you really see litecoin as the bitcoin alternative? Litecoin itself is just a bitcoin clon. It has no special features compared with bitcoin.

I like it too, but I never think it in this way.
I think the fact that Litecoin is a bitcoin clone to be a good thing, until recently we did not knew if bitcoin was ever going to activate segwit at all and litecoin was able to pass it, so if everything fail then litecoin can adopt all of the new technologies we want in bitcoin before bitcoin and see if there is something wrong with it.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:29:29 PM

Hopefully, segwit helps bitcoin value back uphill. Because, we are all already optimistic that this year bitcoin will look stunning again.
LightSide

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:36:02 PM

Segwit also worked to speed up bitcoin transactions, anyway since the fork bitcoin went to 4800 worth.
So now the bitcoin price is stable at 3500 is a good time to invest and wait for November fork.
winterland

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:08:38 AM

Segwit also worked to speed up bitcoin transactions, anyway since the fork bitcoin went to 4800 worth.
So now the bitcoin price is stable at 3500 is a good time to invest and wait for November fork.
The closer we get to the November the fork the more I’m doubting it is going to happen, the miners may support themselves and they may have the support of big business but most people are not supporting such a fork and I think it is going to fail if they try it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: