Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:05:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] free rig-monitor 4.0 (alpha released)  (Read 14734 times)
higgy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:21:01 PM

I am so psyched that I found this - it is so very cool!!  I came across this today strictly by accident and very excited to install/work on it this week.
This is perfect for me- I'm mining primarily eth with nanopool and phoenix miner (latest version of phoenix).

I like your latest dashboard regarding profitability... one question, can you provide profitability per rig?   and overall?

In one case, I have one rig owned by one person, and a second one owned by a different person, and two rigs owned by a third person.
Different rig names, but same pool (nanopool).

Ideally, I'd like to generate a report for each based on their rig's performance and profitability.
Including electricity usage and pool performance.

For this example here is the nanopool output for these 4 rigs.
https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0x83a866fb17839931d267bb6868ff7131b9a3f76b

Thanks for your hard work thus far!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rodney2250 (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

I am so psyched that I found this - it is so very cool!!  I came across this today strictly by accident and very excited to install/work on it this week.
This is perfect for me- I'm mining primarily eth with nanopool and phoenix miner (latest version of phoenix).

I like your latest dashboard regarding profitability... one question, can you provide profitability per rig?   and overall?

In one case, I have one rig owned by one person, and a second one owned by a different person, and two rigs owned by a third person.

Ideally, I'd like to generate a report for each based on their rig's performance and profitability.

hey,

glad you like it!

Are all those rigs mining to the same wallet or different wallets?
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

I am so psyched that I found this - it is so very cool!!  I came across this today strictly by accident and very excited to install/work on it this week.

I like your latest dashboard regarding profitability... one question, can you provide profitability per rig?   and overall?

hey,

glad you like it!

Never mind. I looked into your link and noticed you are using a single wallet, which in that case won't work, because the past profitability calculation uses the pool payments to calculate the daily revenue.

I can look into it, but how would you split single wallet payments across the different rigs?
higgy

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:43:54 PM

I am so psyched that I found this - it is so very cool!!  I came across this today strictly by accident and very excited to install/work on it this week.

I like your latest dashboard regarding profitability... one question, can you provide profitability per rig?   and overall?

hey,

glad you like it!

Never mind. I looked into your link and noticed you are using a single wallet, which in that case won't work, because the past profitability calculation uses the pool payments to calculate the daily revenue.

I can look into it, but how would you split single wallet payments across the different rigs?

Well, that' a good question.
Maybe as part of the dashboard have the ability to select 1 or more of the "workers" and logically join them to be one "customer" as such.  Then calculate based on worker stats and provide a chart/report?    We have all the individual data for each worker already, no?

Thx, H
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:08:44 PM

hey,

glad you like it!

Well, that' a good question.
Maybe as part of the dashboard have the ability to select 1 or more of the "workers" and logically join them to be one "customer" as such.  Then calculate based on worker stats and provide a chart/report?    We have all the individual data for each worker already, no?

Thx, H

Ok. there are 2 ways you can ratio the revenue, based on worker shares/total_shares_for_all_workers or similar for avg_worker_hashrate/total_hashrate. I think shares is probably more fair as it will factor in situations when a specific rig is down, which is something that avg hashrate calculations would not consider.
I will create a custom chart for you, but I don't think I will add it to the dashboard at this point.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:29:42 AM

have just released a development version (3.1.d.1) , which includes multiple fixes, particularly on the past profitability calculation.
You can get it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/downloads/

3.1.d.1 (development)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-Added check for number of rigList and poolList configuration items
-Updated whattomine url to use https
-Fixed issue (#54) with "INVALID SHARES REPORTED BY RIG" not starting at 0
-Fixed issue (#53) with "VALID SHARES REPORTED BY RIG" not honoring selected pool
-Fixed issue with time/day boundaries used in past profitabily calculation
-Fixed issue with TLS/SSL errors when connecting to whattomine.com
evlo

Activity: 155
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:36:29 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2018, 01:14:59 PM by evlo

Hi,

firt of awesome work Smiley

I just started with it and it looks really good, my goal is to have rpi run monitoring SW and display dashboard at the same time.
So far I think my pi is configured as headless, so I need to figure all the stuff out, but I also have few struggles as I'm new to grafana:

I have currently two pools ETH pool addresses configured and will have 3 when i'm done - sometimes I want to display it separate and sometimes not Smiley

1. rig hashrate v pool hasharte:
I get pool hashrate only every 10 minutes so my chart is not very nice, but missing bars/line - how should i fix this
https://i.imgur.com/4gTWpGI.png
UPDATE: This one solved 1m for rigs, 10m for pools, no bars

2. Same thing with pool reported hashrate - it jums from value to zero between each chart value
(this one i will make individual line for each pool for valid and invalid in the end)
https://i.imgur.com/OU1DBqZ.png
UPDATE: This one solved itself when I switched to 4 line - 2 for each pool

Can someone more skilled help me?

I also did not figured out how to make profitability work, but that is last thing on the list.

Feature request:
1. custom power consumption scripts - ie. so we can write our own python scripts to get power consumption from sonoff devices (or maybe in the future even revogi ones that use https and internet for everything)
2. multipe currency - ie. switch between sek/eur/usd - but i'm not sure how to even implement it reasonably, for me it would be more then enough if market cap and rate data in influxDB could be gathered in multiple currencies so I could have power consumption and profitability in sek a watch market in eur and usd

#       script - use external script for power management. Obviously power monitoring will be disabled. You can read more about it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/using-rig-monitors-power-management-feature/
I did not try it, but maybe it would work if I implement command info and return json in tp-link format?
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:31:54 PM

Hi,

firt of awesome work Smiley

I just started with it and it looks really good, my goal is to have rpi run monitoring SW and display dashboard at the same time.
So far I think my pi is configured as headless, so I need to figure all the stuff out, but I also have few struggles as I'm new to grafana:

I have currently two pools ETH pool addresses configured and will have 3 when i'm done - sometimes I want to display it separate and sometimes not Smiley

1. rig hashrate v pool hasharte:
I get pool hashrate only every 10 minutes so my chart is not very nice, but missing bars/line - how should i fix this
https://i.imgur.com/4gTWpGI.png
UPDATE: This one solved 1m for rigs, 10m for pools, no bars

2. Same thing with pool reported hashrate - it jums from value to zero between each chart value
(this one i will make individual line for each pool for valid and invalid in the end)
https://i.imgur.com/OU1DBqZ.png
UPDATE: This one solved itself when I switched to 4 line - 2 for each pool

Can someone more skilled help me?

I also did not figured out how to make profitability work, but that is last thing on the list.

Feature request:
1. custom power consumption scripts - ie. so we can write our own python scripts to get power consumption from sonoff devices (or maybe in the future even revogi ones that use https and internet for everything)
2. multipe currency - ie. switch between sek/eur/usd - but i'm not sure how to even implement it reasonably, for me it would be more then enough if market cap and rate data in influxDB could be gathered in multiple currencies so I could have power consumption and profitability in sek a watch market in eur and usd

#       script - use external script for power management. Obviously power monitoring will be disabled. You can read more about it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/using-rig-monitors-power-management-feature/
I did not try it, but maybe it would work if I implement command info and return json in tp-link format?

which version are you using?
evlo

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:27:28 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2018, 08:18:11 PM by evlo

I'm currently on 3.1 dev - I already figured a lot of stuff I had issues with.

Now my nice to have list:
Multiple fiat currencies for power consumption, profitability and "quote and marketcap" - I have no idea how to implement this and probably I'm only one who cares
Track different currency pairs and market cap - but I guess i can add different dataset for this, i'm really new to grafana

My feature reqest:
custom power monitoring python scripts "api"

Ad profitability (at least profitability history):
It is still not showing anything for me - I messed up and changed wallets on pool labels, so I have wrong stats. I guess profitability starts showing after payment from pool? In my case it can take up to 30 hours.
Maybe I should somehow purge influxDB?
UPDATE:
I now get one profitability history record for today for one pool, so that is Nice, but power cost is not calculated.
Also I noticed that for rig reported vs pool hashrate I can't do filter by pool to get rig hashrates, but I need to filter by rigs - so that may be related?
sorry can't post example, bitcointalk blocks the post
UPDATE2:

It was me being stupid
#RIG_ID, MINER, PRIMARY_POOL_LABEL,
I put rig label in config instead of PRIMARY_POOL_LABEL (so I have rig label and rig id kinda duplicate and I even wonder why you would do that Smiley )

I think my setup is kinda weird because I have multiple rigs on different ethermine wallets (different pools in in config).

But really great work as it just works.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:49:49 AM

I'm currently on 3.1 dev - I already figured a lot of stuff I had issues with.

Now my nice to have list:
Multiple fiat currencies for power consumption, profitability and "quote and marketcap" - I have no idea how to implement this and probably I'm only one who cares
Track different currency pairs and market cap - but I guess i can add different dataset for this, i'm really new to grafana

My feature reqest:
custom power monitoring python scripts "api"

Ad profitability (at least profitability history):
It is still not showing anything for me - I messed up and changed wallets on pool labels, so I have wrong stats. I guess profitability starts showing after payment from pool? In my case it can take up to 30 hours.
Maybe I should somehow purge influxDB?
UPDATE:
I now get one profitability history record for today for one pool, so that is Nice, but power cost is not calculated.
Also I noticed that for rig reported vs pool hashrate I can't do filter by pool to get rig hashrates, but I need to filter by rigs - so that may be related?
sorry can't post example, bitcointalk blocks the post
UPDATE2:

It was me being stupid
#RIG_ID, MINER, PRIMARY_POOL_LABEL,
I put rig label in config instead of PRIMARY_POOL_LABEL (so I have rig label and rig id kinda duplicate and I even wonder why you would do that Smiley )

I think my setup is kinda weird because I have multiple rigs on different ethermine wallets (different pools in in config).

But really great work as it just works.

Well done mate! I appreciate you putting the time to fix it instead of simply asking for help ;-)

So AFAIU you have no operational issues, just a couple of feature requests:

1) Custom power monitoring. Yeah, I have the sonoff request pending for a couple of months. I don't have such a plug, but if you provide me with an example API calls I'll implement it (and you test it for me)

2) Multiple fiat currencies for power consumption, profitability and "quote and marketcap" - Can you elaborate on your use-case? Why do you need this? For cloud service?

3) Track different currency pairs and market cap - So that you can adjust the market, profitability per geography instead of being limited by the pool definition?

evlo

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:58:39 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 12:47:19 AM by evlo

I'm doing some research on sonoff today, POW R2s.
Official api trough cloud seems doable, but too much work http://iotgo.iteadstudio.com/api

There is tool to upload unofficial firmware, that supports MQTT, which should be easier to interface, and probably has json API - I will research further how this works.
Unfortunatelly POW R2 is not possible to upload unofficial firmware over the air, but all other sonoffs are (but does not power, so meh). Anyway I was able to upload firmware in supper ghetto way, but no soldering required, and now i'm researching this alternative firmware for easy to implement API.

This looked interresting thought as you already support wemo, but it is only for alexa Sad

Web "API"
http://192.168.500.400/cm?cmnd=Power%20On
returns json
Code:
{"POWER":"ON"}

/cm?cmnd=Power%20Off
Code:
{"POWER":"OFF"}

/cm?cmnd=Power%20TOGGLE
Code:
{"POWER":"OFF"}
Code:
{"POWER":"ON"}
that is state after toggle

/cm?cmnd=Status%208
Code:
{"StatusSNS":{"Time":"2018-07-26T22:34:08","ENERGY":{"Total":0.000,"Yesterday":0.000,"Today":0.000,"Power":10,"Factor":0.52,"Voltage":236,"Current":0.083}}}
So I guess it is 10W?

/cm?cmnd=status
Code:
{"Status":{"Module":43,"FriendlyName":["Sonoff"],"Topic":"sonoff","ButtonTopic":"0","Power":1,"PowerOnState":3,"LedState":1,"SaveData":1,"SaveState":1,"ButtonRetain":0,"PowerRetain":0}}
"Power":1=On
"Power":0=Off
evlo

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

So I tried to modify tplink.py to return
Code:
{"emeter":{"get_realtime":{"current":%c%,"voltage":%v%,"power":%p%,"total":0,"err_code":0}}}
For sonoffs, Obviously with replaced tokens, but I guess you don't really call tplink.py from your script, but handle everyhting internally or maybe you do call some commands before
Code:
{"emeter":{"get_realtime":{}}}
which I also should fake output ? I'm to lazy to sniff the traffic right now Smiley
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:24:48 PM

Code:
{"emeter":{"get_realtime":{"current":%c%,"voltage":%v%,"power":%p%,"total":0,"err_code":0}}}
For sonoffs, Obviously with replaced tokens, but I guess you don't really call tplink.py from your script, but handle everyhting internally or maybe you do call some commands before
Code:
which I also should fake output ? I'm to lazy to sniff the traffic right now Smiley

Hey, I'll pick this up this week
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:28:43 AM

Code:
Code:

I looked into the official API and I can easily use it, but then I found this https://blog.ipsumdomus.com/sonoff-switch-complete-hack-without-firmware-upgrade-1b2d6632c01, which seems even easier. Coming week I'll give it a go
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

Version 3.1 released. You can download it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/downloads/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-Added check for number of rigList and poolList configuration items
-Updated whattomine url to use https
-Support for payment correction factor for pools that report payments in currency subunits
-Fixed issue (#54) with "INVALID SHARES REPORTED BY RIG" not starting at 0
-Fixed issue (#53) with "VALID SHARES REPORTED BY RIG" not honoring selected pool
-Fixed issue with time/day boundaries used in past profitabily calculation
-Fixed issue with TLS/SSL errors when connecting to whattomine.com
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:02:49 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 10:56:30 AM by rodney2250

Code:
Code:

I ended up ordering a plug. It's hard to develop and test without one. I should get it today so tomorrow I'll start development.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:54:44 PM

Hi all,

version 3.2.d.2 (development) has just been published.
What's new:
-Support for XMRig (tested with 2.7.1-beta)
-Support for Yiimp API (and extended API e.g. Unimining)
-Support for cgminer
-Telegram notifications support to grm. Power Rule Manager will send notifications to telegram every time a rig is rebooted.
-Extended support for reloading configuration params during runtime. All params, except telegram, are updated during runtime.
-Major code refactoring to reduce executable size and memory footprint
-Fixed profit calculation errors by adding retying strategy to whattomine.com connections
-Fixed issue with xmr-stak not recording gpu hashrate to "hr" field in miner_gpu table

Download it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/downloads/
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:06:58 AM

Hi everyone,

version 3.2 of rig-monitor is out. What's new:

-Support for XMRig (tested with 2.7.1-beta)
-Support for Yiimp API (and extended API e.g. Unimining)
-Support for cgminer
-Telegram notifications support to grm. Power Rule Manager will send notifications to telegram every time a rig is rebooted.
-Extended support for reloading configuration params during runtime. All params, except telegram, are updated during runtime.
-Major code refactoring to reduce executable size and memory footprint
-Fixed profit calculation errors by adding retying strategy to whattomine.com connections
-Fixed issue with xmr-stak not recording gpu hashrate to "hr" field in miner_gpu table
-Fixed issue with Dynu DNS updater only updating once during runtime

Download it here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/downloads/
GKumaran

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

@rodney2250 Great project bro!!

But your blog has instruction for earlier versions. I'm having difficulties setting up the latest version. This is my first try and disclaimer: Im a complete noob.

This is what im getting :
INFO: 2018/09/03 21:51:10 config.go:65: Reading configuration file...
ERROR: 2018/09/03 21:51:10 config.go:74: Couldn't load config: While parsing config: invalid base

grafana and influxdb are up and running.
rodney2250 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:57:43 PM

@rodney2250 Great project bro!!

But your blog has instruction for earlier versions. I'm having difficulties setting up the latest version. This is my first try and disclaimer: Im a complete noob.

This is what im getting :
INFO: 2018/09/03 21:51:10 config.go:65: Reading configuration file...
ERROR: 2018/09/03 21:51:10 config.go:74: Couldn't load config: While parsing config: invalid base

grafana and influxdb are up and running.

Glad you like it.

The latest instructions can be found here: https://www.rigmonitor.app/blog/installing-rig-monitor/

wrt the error, config files should go in the conf folder. if you want to specify a different config file name (config.toml is the default) then you'd use it like this: grm -config my config.toml

If you need more support then I suggest to join our telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/IuYcwBKqbGqIeXpw9sfq7Q
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: