Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I considered a whale if I trade with $10,000  (Read 440 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:05:54 AM

Just wondering. Would I be considered whale  Huh

Depends on what markets you actually trade in.

If you trade in a very small market then you could potentially be considered a whale. But then it wouldn't mean much as the volume itself is going to be super low anyways, but each of your moves will be impactful on the market.

If you're trading a big coin like ETH or LTC, then there is no chance that you will be considered a whale. You're above average, but I'd say a whale needs to have at least $1 mil of a particular coin invested in his portfolio. Most people will hit you up with a market value trade under $10k no problems, not the same if you're dealing with $1 mil.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:53:52 AM

10k still a small amount for a whale, usually a pump and dump group need more than 100k, I ever joined a telegram group and they are asking 1million $ investors to pump a coin, so I think you need to have at least more than 500k to be called whale, 10k couldn't do much for alt coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:55:58 PM

It's funny)) This amount of investment / trade is not considered significant in the crypto world. Whales have turnover of millions of dollars. I think that 1000 bitcoins is pretty good amount for a pretty small whale.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:08:09 PM

It depends on the type of the coin, the marketcap. If you're holding a pretty decent percentage of the circulating supply of the coin, then I consider you a whale  Smiley
Moon_Man

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:13:14 PM

$10,000 is like minnow status. nothing wrong with it
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:19:50 AM

Absolutely no, Why would you be considered a Whale because you have amount a little bit above 1BTC, A whale is a person who their buy or sell order can move the direction of the market. A $10K in most order is nothing expecially on big exchanges, if you are talking if some project with low cap it may move the price because most of them lack volume to help the price
Whales are millionaires and 10k dollars is a good amount but not a very big amount. It won’taffect the digital market in any way. Big whales are the ones who can bring changes of millions dollars. Going for low cap projects just to be called as a big whale would not be very clever. The main focus must be on making large amount of profits and that is only possible if a person spends money in bitcoin or potential altcoin like Ethereum.
Dalazar

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:14:14 PM

With such a deposit, you can be considered a whale when trading coins with very small volumes, not more)
cryptoZcoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:53:10 PM

Naah, we truly underestimate what a whale is, remember there are people who have over aquired 1K+ bitcoin from years ago. There are also the crypto hedge funds and their large holdings. 10K is a shrimp compared to them.
erasheed28

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

depends on the supply and the price of the coin you are about to purchase, lets say you will buy a coin amounting to 10kusd and you'll get 1000 of it but the total supply circulating is about 1 billion, we can't say you are a whale since you merely holding a fraction of percentage of it but if the supply of that coin is around a hundred thousand for sure you are a whale of that.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
ekkoadmiral

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:17:23 PM

sorry men. I would not consider you a whale. if you use  $ 10000 buy Bitcoin, you only own about 1,22btc. 1,22btc / 16.8 million bitcoin are circulating. It is too small. you will become the whale when you hold a volume large coin.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: