I've written a detailed Howto to get a Bitcoin Miner running under Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2, but its german. You can find it here:http://www.morontv.de/Howto-Bitcoin-Miner-mit-Microsoft-Hyper-V-Server-2008-R2-und-AMD-Radeon-5830.htm
Here is a compact english howto. For pictures, see the detailed howto.
BitcoinMining on Hyper-V is not that hard, you dont need four days and you dont need to be a Windows-Guru *g*
FYI, im not selling this howto but donations are very welcome! :-)
What do we need?
- MS Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/germany/server/hyper-v-server/default.mspx
- A USB-Stick with 2GB+
- Catalyst Driver for Windows 7 64-bit (tested with 11.06) http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
- AMD APP SDK 2.4 64-bit http://developer.amd.com/sdks/amdappsdk/downloads/pages/default.aspx
- ReadyDriverPlus http://www.citadelindustries.net/ReadyDriverPlus/
- MS Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555
- MS Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632
- MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29
- MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) MSN Archive (ENU) http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067
- MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64) MSN Archive (ENU) http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067
- your favourite Miner http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=6458.0
- Firefox Portable http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
- Free Commander Portable http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/freecommander_portable
- CCleaner Portable http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds
- DevManView http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html
- Download and Burn Windows Server ISO-Image and install the Server (no more instrucions here, for Details see http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-install-windows-server-2008-step-by-step.htm
- Download all needed Software and copy it to the USB-Stick
- "install" the Portable Software to the USB-Stick
- DO NOT INSTALL UPDATES
- (start Free Commander Portable from Console for easy installation)
- install all Redistributable Packages
- install ReadyDriverPlus - This changes the Startup-process!
- install all Updates, including SP1 - this will take 3-4 reboots (Number 6 in blue console ;-))
Now the tricky part. You have to installe the ATI/AMD Software incl. the driver but the installer will fail with some packages.
- go to "USB-Stick\path\to\ATI\DRIVER\bin64"
- start Setup from console with "ATISetup.exe -install -output screen"
- install the .exe-files in :
(can be done with Free Commander)- DO NOT INSTALL OPENCL!
Now we're good to install the Radeon-driver itself. This can't be done with Free Commander. So:
- start the console and change the path to "USB-Stick\path\to\ATI\DRIVER\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\"
- type pnputil.exe -i -a C7119606.inf
(inf-file will change with newer/older driver)
If everything is fine until now, the screen-resolution should be much better now :-)
Now were going to install the AMD APP SDK, its pretty much the same as the Driver itself
- go to USB-Stick\path\to\ATI\SDK-Package\Bin64
- type in "ATISetup.exe -install -output screen" into console
- install ALL .exe-files in USB-Stick\path\to\ATI\SDK-Package\Apps\
- do also install OpenCL64
(can be done with Free Commander)
- one last REBOOT
- if you have done the configuraion via RDP, do not log in via RDP now. This has to be VGA-Console
- navigate to your miner directory
- start your miner.
for example phoenix.exe -u http://hyperv:email@example.com:8337/
-k phatk VECTORS BFI_INT WORKSIZE=128 FASTLOOP AGGRESSION=7 DEVICE=0
Bazinga! BitcoinMining with Hyper-V Server. Even without CPU-Lags ;-)
Have Fun. Donations to: 15niKNDas65cWLtwYXzxXCJiAqMuxyAs9m
( I hope this will be moved from newbie section soon *g*)