Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Colonising Planets  (Read 3747 times)
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:47:53 PM

Technologically we are far away from being capable of colonizing another planet. Yes, we may visit, we may even establish a small settlement there, but making it habitable or reaching one in the "Goldilocks" zone (habitable zone, not too far, not too close to a star) is not possible in the foreseeable future.
If one could glimpse into the future, it would be interesting what man accomplishes in space in the next thousand years.

I am a bit doubtful in colonizing other planets in the near future.  We do not have the technology yet to travel from earth to other planes (e.g. spacecrafts).  We can only send some satellites to explore but not human beings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:03:59 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 02:30:26 AM by Spendulus

Technologically we are far away from being capable of colonizing another planet. Yes, we may visit, we may even establish a small settlement there, but making it habitable or reaching one in the "Goldilocks" zone (habitable zone, not too far, not too close to a star) is not possible in the foreseeable future.
If one could glimpse into the future, it would be interesting what man accomplishes in space in the next thousand years.

I am a bit doubtful in colonizing other planets in the near future.  We do not have the technology yet to travel from earth to other planes (e.g. spacecrafts).  We can only send some satellites to explore but not human beings.
This is not bad but good.

These robot machines go places we cannot.

Some take a decade to reach their destination. Spacecraft which might be built in the future to go to other stars would take centuries, or thousands of years to reach their destination, and return their findings by light or radio,

What we accomplish in space certainly can be by way of our robots and remote sensors.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:50:20 AM

I am a bit doubtful in colonizing other planets in the near future.  We do not have the technology yet to travel from earth to other planes (e.g. spacecrafts).  We can only send some satellites to explore but not human beings.
This is not bad but good.

These robot machines go places we cannot.

Some take a decade to reach their destination. Spacecraft which might be built in the future to go to other stars would take centuries, or thousands of years to reach their destination, and return their findings by light or radio,

What we accomplish in space certainly can be by way of our robots and remote sensors.

Why waste our time on robots? Our warp drives will pass them up; we'll be waving at them as we go by. Of course, our warp drives will have been perfected 200 or 300 years after the robots are launched. But the robots will be outdated before they have even been launched.

What's more likely, the robots will return, sometime, to find the earth a nuked out cinder.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:24:04 AM

Do you really think colonizing planets will be feasible? And you think we deserve another planet after how we’ve treated Earth? I fear that it’s just a band-aid solution and we’ll just go back to our old ways of depleting resources and overpopulating the planet. Perhaps other technologies can be explored. Like mixed reality or virtual worlds. It was thoroughly discussed in Virternity, and to be honest, it seems like the most viable solution. Have you heard of it?
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:50:32 AM

Life can not exist on other planets We have new technology popping up every day and if we have not found life by now then there is none. Also in the bible it states god created the heavens and the earth sure there are other planets, but it never said anywhere in the bible he put life on other planets. Some people may say non believers are being unreasonable but there is no proof still to this day.
Beli99

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:48:37 AM

Life can not exist on other planets We have new technology popping up every day and if we have not found life by now then there is none. Also in the bible it states god created the heavens and the earth sure there are other planets, but it never said anywhere in the bible he put life on other planets. Some people may say non believers are being unreasonable but there is no proof still to this day.

I think their is a lot of proof that life on earth is not the only life in universe and it would be egoistic and selfish that we think we are alone in universe im not religious fundamentlist to belive in every word of holy bible that can only limited your free thinking and what about ufos that lot of people had see including my self ,..i belive that somewhere their is technology for traveling to space maybe we have that technology but they hide it from us or we have a lot of visitors from out of space and they are probably among us

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
FortFC

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 09:16:13 AM

How close your mind must be if you belive we are the only one living group in the universe. From Ancient Greece and up to modern scientists both brought us big amount of facts & proves that another live exists in our and different galaxies
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:17:59 PM

I think their is a lot of proof that life on earth is not the only life in universe and it would be egoistic and selfish that we think we are alone in universe im not religious fundamentlist to belive in every word of holy bible that can only limited your free thinking and what about ufos that lot of people had see including my self ,..i belive that somewhere their is technology for traveling to space maybe we have that technology but they hide it from us or we have a lot of visitors from out of space and they are probably among us

Since there is only speculation that things we have found are evidence of extraterrestrial life, we don't know that ET really exists. We will only know that ET exists when we communicate with them, or when we actual visit with them... or they with us. Up until then, ET is only speculation.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Beli99

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:37:30 AM

Since there is only speculation that things we have found are evidence of extraterrestrial life, we don't know that ET really exists. We will only know that ET exists when we communicate with them, or when we actual visit with them... or they with us. Up until then, ET is only speculation.

Cool

For me its not speculation i saw this strange object in sky first was thinking im crazy but i wasnt the only one my friend saw same thing so we didint hallucinating, we see this ufo leaving our earth orbit with crazy speed that humans dont know it exsist

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

Cool

For me its not speculation i saw this strange object in sky first was thinking im crazy but i wasnt the only one my friend saw same thing so we didint hallucinating, we see this ufo leaving our earth orbit with crazy speed that humans dont know it exsist

Did you go up there and check it out to see if it was ET? If you didn't, how do you know that it wasn't a couple of university pranksters using lasers to make a holographic image up there?

Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:55:51 PM

Well, if you were standing on the surface, you didn't see anything "leaving earth orbit..."

Beli99

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:20:06 AM

I know what i saw ,sure people wont belive but ill tell you one thing we watch this strange object for about half an hour it wasnt some kind of holographic image or laser 100% and i personaly know some people that saw it at heights of five story building and ,not only that their is a lot of books with witnesses of ufo and extraterrestrial life ... i think only those funny flat earthers can belive we are alone in space or as they say their is no space lol

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:20:15 AM

I know what i saw ,sure people wont belive but ill tell you one thing we watch this strange object for about half an hour it wasnt some kind of holographic image or laser 100% and i personaly know some people that saw it at heights of five story building and ,not only that their is a lot of books with witnesses of ufo and extraterrestrial life ... i think only those funny flat earthers can belive we are alone in space or as they say their is no space lol

What?! You know what you saw? But you called it a UFO, above? The term "UFO" is an acronym for "Unidentified Flying Object." But you know what it was, right, 'cause you know what you saw.

That's what people have been saying for ages. They saw a UFO, an Unidentified Flying Object. So you identified the flying object as an unidentified flying object. How curious!

Cool

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:37:18 AM

No one is living on those planet so there is no need for colonizing. The real problem is searching a habitable planet and people will start flocking it and that scenario is destined to happen.
Kick

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 04:40:17 PM

I don't know why most people/media want to colonize planets. If we colonize planets most of the time it will need terra forming and this is very costly. The gravity is not the same, in most cases the magnetic force is not present for protecting us from harmful radiation and the air composition and climate is very different.

My plan is to  create space habitats. Like O'Neill cylinder or even better McKendree cylinder. Living in cylinders is more comfortable than living in earth. The surface of this cylinders can be as big continents or even as big as Earth! In cylinder we can control the force of the artificial gravity we are comfortable with. We can control the day and night time like on earth. And we can also control the weather/climate. It is very hard do that on earth or mars. Imagine you are living when there is no earthquake, tidal wave, volcano eruption, typhoons. We can move this cylinders if there is a big asteroid moving its way.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:23:58 PM

Remember in the Revelation in the Bible, how the tail of the dragon swept a third of the stars out of the sky? Remember the great battle where Michael the archangel fought the dragon, and the dragon lost his place in Heaven?

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden was a tree that the dragon (Satan/the devil) planted there. It was more than a tree for fruit. It contained DNA programming manipulations made by Satan, the dragon.

I mean, that Revelation story happened in the distant past. The Bible says that the devil was sinful from the beginning. And when did Satan take the form of the serpent? The Garden of Eden, in the Beginning. So, Satan had lost his place in Heaven way back then. And his sly talk had coaxed a third of the other angels out of the heavens.

When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit - which God had warned them to not eat - their DNA changed. Into them was genetically planted the desire for the stars... a desire Satan planted in them through the fruit of his tree in the Garden.

We weren't made for the stars. Notice how we have to take some of the earth along with us in spaceships and spacesuits? We were made for the Earth.

Let's fix what we are doing here, right on our own planet. Maybe after we get rid of poverty, help our neighbors to have success, and tell everybody about Jesus-salvation from death... maybe then we can think about the stars a little.

Cool

Beli99

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:08:43 PM

What?! You know what you saw? But you called it a UFO, above? The term "UFO" is an acronym for "Unidentified Flying Object." But you know what it was, right, 'cause you know what you saw.

That's what people have been saying for ages. They saw a UFO, an Unidentified Flying Object. So you identified the flying object as an unidentified flying object. How curious!

Cool

Maybe it looks funny how i said it but the point is that somewhere exsist objects that can fly to space with super speeds unknown to humans, maybe its visitors from space or maybe its our own creation but they keep it secret from public i really dont know but i belive that space is huge and we are definetly not the only life form in space

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:46:54 AM

Cool

Maybe it looks funny how i said it but the point is that somewhere exsist objects that can fly to space with super speeds unknown to humans, maybe its visitors from space or maybe its our own creation but they keep it secret from public i really dont know but i belive that space is huge and we are definetly not the only life form in space

This is all good stuff to believe. But do we know it? Perhaps there are some people in NASA who know it. Perhaps you know it for a fact but are not permitted to say it as knowledge to the general public. So, you have to say like you believe it rather than know it.

Cool

Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

I don't think space colonization is going to happen. I do think we will visit mars though, and use it in a different way.

The whole point of space colonization is to diversify our resources and not be reliant on one planet, but what if we didn't actually require resources? By the time space colonization is feasible there will likely be methods for mind uploading, which would make it possible to live in resource-less virtual worlds. Pretty sure this is a better option. We could use Mars and other planets to store backup hardware containing our consciousnesses in the case of the end of earth.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:46:30 AM

The whole point of space colonization is to diversify our resources and not be reliant on one planet...
sez who?

maybe we just need to hotrod big fast spaceships around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: