Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:40:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Released my first app Crypto Contacts on Android, asking for feedback.  (Read 111 times)
CryptoContacts (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

Hey, everyone!

I released my first android app Crypto Contacts a few months back on the Playstore. I'm a desktop wallet user and I needed an easy and clean way to keep track of my addresses while away from my computer so I made Crypto Contacts. It's free in the Android Playstore so I'd really appreciate it if you could check it out and give me some feedback.

What problem does it solve?

• Allows you to save your public key crypto addresses locally on your android device so you have access to all your addresses while on the go.
  • Prettier interface for organizing your public key crypto addresses (I used excel/google sheets/plain text before)
  • Prevents accidental partial copies (I was always afraid of not copying the whole address or messing it up somehow)
  • Makes saving and sharing public key crypto addresses easier (added QR functionality, quick copy, and share to contacts options)
  • Ability to take notes on each address

But what about reusing addresses?
  • Generally, you shouldn't be reusing addresses.
  • Simply generate as many addresses as you need while you're at home using your favorite wallet, save them to the app and then delete or make note of them on the app once they've been used, that way they're only used once.

Extras I wanted in my app
  • Crypto Conversion Calculator
  • Current crypto to fiat or btc, eth prices
  • Supporting 1500+ cryptos and all fiat currencies
    (all rates/conversions are handled using the cryptocompare api)

THIS IS NOT FOR SAVING YOUR PRIVATE KEYS

This app is just for your receive addresses.

Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alignmentapps.cryptocontacts

Product Hunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/crypto-contacts (please vote if you like it!)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Crypto_Contacts

If you have any feature suggestions, feedback or questions, I'd love to hear them as this is my first app and I'm looking to improve.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:44:39 PM

From the set of problems out there,you have targeted a very simple one (a nice first step I suppose)

- You know eventually,your list is going to grow with addresses and one would lose track of an address if it has been used earlier.What feature do you provide which helps me locate a particular address from the list of say 1000 addresses ?

- You can do something like : Let people choose a name to give for a particular address and keep an auto search options which helps them find that address even if they remember the initial letters something like fuzzy search.
CryptoContacts (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:43:44 PM

Interesting application/idea, but i think it would consume lots of time to add new addresses if the user uses one-time address. I think it would be great if users can import CSV or JSON files which contain user's public key/address to make the process faster.

Thanks and that import feature is coming soon, I'm taking a little breather while I work on something else.  It is on the list though!
CryptoContacts (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:50:51 PM

From the set of problems out there,you have targeted a very simple one (a nice first step I suppose)

- You know eventually,your list is going to grow with addresses and one would lose track of an address if it has been used earlier.What feature do you provide which helps me locate a particular address from the list of say 1000 addresses ?

- You can do something like : Let people choose a name to give for a particular address and keep an auto search options which helps them find that address even if they remember the initial letters something like fuzzy search.

Definitely haven't thought of the power user scenario where they'd be using thousands of addresses without deleting them. Currently, a user can set up groups and give each address a name.  I'll have to implement a separate area within the app that lets you search through all of the saved addresses by group or name.  Thanks for your feedback!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: