Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous ICOs?  (Read 645 times)
gaming-stars (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:58:56 AM

Are there any tools that enable the ICO investor to invest in alt coins in an anonymous way?

That would be great for US or chinese investors...

I am sure by the smart usage of VPN services and coin mixers, this might actually be possible.

The whole nature of crypto currencies are at least partly to overcome burdens and restrictions and I believe that the ban of ICO is something to which the market will react in a way that we will find a way that enables investors to participate in an ICO if they want to do so.

Restrictions and regulations do not work for 100% in my opinion. The market always find a way and where there is a need there will be supply.

What do you think?
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:12:11 PM

I think it's possible but I also think most ICOs are going to have to accept a wider variety of coins, Litecoin is fast and cheap but doesn't seem to be accepted as a means of payment which I really don't get. Zcash and monero would also have to start being accepted as these are so far as I know the best privacy coins.

Honestly I think Bitcoin is starting to get overrated, the fee's are quite high and the anomosity is relatively low.

1cak

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:18:07 PM

yes I agree with this opinion, it would be nice if there is another way for investors from US or Singapore (even China) can still contribute in an ico, but because of the regulation is created by a country, of course the investors and ico do not want to take too much risk.
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:29:04 PM

Are there any tools that enable the ICO investor to invest in alt coins in an anonymous way?

I am sure by the smart usage of VPN services and coin mixers, this might actually be possible.

VPNs, TOR or other anonymous network and coin mixers won't help you, if the company doing ICO requires KYC verification and requires your to send a copy of passport or government ID proving that you're not an US citizen. You have some other options though:
  • buy whitelisted account; for example, judging by this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2106744.0 Kyber ICO whitelisted accounts cost around 0.5 ETH - 1.5 ETH
  • register with fake government ID; keep in mind though that this could be considered felony
  • IOU trading

The whole nature of crypto currencies are at least partly to overcome burdens and restrictions

I couldn't agree more.

I believe that the ban of ICO is something to which the market will react in a way that we will find a way that enables investors to participate in an ICO if they want to do so.

I wrote this somewhere else but the problem with ICOs is that they introduced centralized element into decentralized system and thus created vulnerability governments can go after and will go after. And these are the unfortunate consequences.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 05:39:45 PM

Zcash or monero could be good way to invest in ICOs if governments really impose restrictions. A coin mixer can be used as intermediary between investor' addresses and contract address.

bluntlee

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:43:56 PM

Yes its going to be possible soon with komodo.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@krakoise/in-the-midst-of-chinese-regulations-komodo-platform-offers-a-solution#comments

gaming-stars (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

Komodo sounds very very interesting actually.

decentralized icos will become a major player in the near future, especially when more countries will regulate ICOs which is actually just a question of time...

dICO platforms are also a great investment in my opinion and I will observe the market to maybe invest in prospering projects like that.

As we agreed a bit higher, the market always finds ways to overcome regulations and burdens and this is especially true for crypto currencies as it is the main idea behind it - avoiding the influence of central banks, governments, and middle men...

Our children will live in a world where there are truly "free markets" and the foundation for it will be laid now and in the near future!
ccccccc7

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:46:23 AM

For those who want to invest in ICO from USA or China, they will find their way to do it. VPN or any other solution Smiley
Sarcasm

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:58:24 AM

For those who want to invest in ICO from USA or China, they will find their way to do it. VPN or any other solution Smiley
yes I think the solution is also using vpn is very appropriate, but one thing that is important if there do not implement the new policy ICO,  Smiley
ico will not develop  Smiley
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:07:55 AM

The whole nature of crypto currencies are at least partly to overcome burdens and restrictions and I believe that the ban of ICO is something to which the market will react in a way that we will find a way that enables investors to participate in an ICO if they want to do so.

Restrictions and regulations do not work for 100% in my opinion. The market always find a way and where there is a need there will be supply.

What do you think?
What about VPN, Proxy or even socks 5, But i believe a lot of people from the us and chinese already used that way to pass the way to invest in those icos. But there is no other way again if the ico will have used the kyc verification to avoid both of investors.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Vaflia

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:54:22 AM

I think that anonymous investment in ICO just to use VPN and investing in BTC. All this is enough.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:09:11 PM

VPN's are not a guarrantee of privact though but from the other side I doubt they will try to track it all.
Does anyone know what the actuall punishments are for breaking these laws?

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:19:36 PM

The hardest part of running an anonymous ICO would be to accept an anonymous token like XMR or ZCash and to implement a smart contract like the one on the Ethereum platform. Most of the tokens which undergo ICO are ERC-20 tokens and contributions are mainly made by ETH through smart contracts which lands the tokens directly into your Ethereum wallet and by no means is Ethereum considered to be an 'anonymous coin'.
bluntlee

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:15:48 PM

Komodo sounds very very interesting actually.

decentralized icos will become a major player in the near future, especially when more countries will regulate ICOs which is actually just a question of time...

dICO platforms are also a great investment in my opinion and I will observe the market to maybe invest in prospering projects like that.

As we agreed a bit higher, the market always finds ways to overcome regulations and burdens and this is especially true for crypto currencies as it is the main idea behind it - avoiding the influence of central banks, governments, and middle men...

Our children will live in a world where there are truly "free markets" and the foundation for it will be laid now and in the near future!

yes its a great project check them out and with today's clearance sale of cryptos great time to buy in.

Grin
Katalyst

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:28:32 PM

I think in general it will be very difficult for regulators to impose any real limitations to crypto investment. There always seems to be a workaround.
johnsm79

Activity: 224

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 10:40:26 AM

How can a regulation stop participants from a country.. since the crypto industry is mostly run by internet masters, everyone knows how to use a vpn and how to pass every simple system trying to stop them..

We have to remember that the blockchain is decentralised.. the only thing they can do is stop websites from being access on Chinese IP's.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
_ICOBroker_

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:34:00 AM

Indeed they do Smiley
We offer a brokerage service for exactly such cases.
VPN's are not always helpful, especially when the ICO has 'KYC' in place.
With very hot ico's like ChainLink (LINK) coming up, we are getting quite many requests from investors all over the world.
Visit our website for more information: http://icobroker.trade/

If the ICO you are interested in is not listed, send us a e-mail and we will look into it right away.

johnsm79

Activity: 224

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:25:55 AM

Do projects have a KYC in place? I thought they only have an ip based rule out and a tick box that you are not from USA or China?

This is interesting.. can you name a project that has this to test it out?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:29:19 PM

I think that some of the anonymous coins could work in this case. For example there is Monero, Zcoin and Zcash. But I am not sure that if many ICO's accept these coins. Why not try VPN or using TOR? That should work in my opinion.

victory1

Activity: 253

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:24:40 PM

What do you think?

So the net status of the ban is:

No one is sure exactly what it means or how it will be applied;

Platforms and investors look generally eager to comply, even in spite of the short-term operational pain; and,

It may be a temporary stopgap measure while the government decides how to regulate cryptocurrencies.

This status creates a lot of uncertainty, but with a government known both for far-reaching measures and for keeping its cards close, that may be by design.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: