Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 vs Antminer D3  (Read 9581 times)
excuber (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:46:19 PM

What I know is...S9 mine a bitcoin and D3 mine a DASH...which one is better??I need to know because I want to start in mining..tq
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:23:06 AM

Generally speaking D3 will be better in most ways due to likely quicker ROI even with more X11 ASICs flooding the market and more possible profit as well. It's really up to you in the end though, just watch out and don't buy from people selling accounts. They can go to Bitmain saying they lost their account or got hacked after the sale and you'll be fucked.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:18:51 PM

Generally speaking D3 will be better in most ways due to likely quicker ROI even with more X11 ASICs flooding the market and more possible profit as well. It's really up to you in the end though, just watch out and don't buy from people selling accounts. They can go to Bitmain saying they lost their account or got hacked after the sale and you'll be fucked.
Bro I have heard that antminer S9 is the best miner in the market to mine btc or alts. Got information States need to have a hash rate as big number to be mining and earn profit pretty decent. Which is the cheapest one among these miners?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:54:18 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 03:12:13 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Bro I have heard that antminer S9 is the best miner in the market to mine btc or alts. Got information States need to have a hash rate as big number to be mining and earn profit pretty decent. Which is the cheapest one among these miners?
The S9 mines BTC only, the D3 only mines an altcoin....
Never shall the twain meet.   Wink

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:17:05 PM

Where did you get that information? Knowing that antminer s9 are uniquely build just for mining on bitcoin since its an Asic miner and if you are talking with mining with alts you would need gpu and other specialized asic miners too for a certain alt like on ltc but generally they are on different category. Answering op's question i would go for d3 as being said above roi would be much more faster than on s9.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BuddyDavis501

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:13:11 PM

I have a D3 Nov batch unit for sale.... (just saying).... but that monster is going to be considerably higher then buying an S9... and the L3 unit that you mentioned is pretty up there in price also.

You may want to go to www.nicehash.com really just for informational purposes.  If you click their new web site link and follow the promts... you can find their drop down box for calculating rates of return...  click on a specific miner type and it will tell you exactly what coin that machine will mine.  May cut down on your research time.  Just my 2 cents...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: