Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 12:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?  (Read 6237 times)
100degrees

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:23:56 PM

Has to be a great team, doesn't mean they have to have 10 successful projects, but I want them to be accessible and available.

Something new that has a real use, I love possibilities the much as the next guy, but if it isn't viable in the next few years you are paying someone to "see" if they can make it work

Being as open and as transparent as possible.

ZEEPIN CHAIN  ▩  Smart work, creative life  ▩  Creative Economy
Claim Your ZPT Token and Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◤ICO Starts January 18◥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
werum

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

for me - idea (it has to be interesting), whitepaper and team as well.
Lena_Storifier

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:52:17 PM

1. The need for the token in the ecosystem (business model: is ICO required)
2. Team/ Advisors
3. Ability to execute on the idea

Here's my blog where i do 1-page visual summaries of most promising projects, you are welcome here:
https://medium.com/@StorifierCo
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:32:31 AM

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

more or less I agree with you, which you explain it has included a very important thing for the analysis in an ico, but no less important is the whitepaper and roadmap of the project

Syroamst

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:17:49 AM

1) Project Category (Infrastructure and Blockchain service +, Real Estate, Social -)
1) Hype Level (how many people around)
2) ICO Conditions (Hard Cap, % on crowd sale)

Example, ICON
1) New Blockchain from Korea (it's Infrastructure)
2) Hype Level - High (a lot of people in international chats)
3) Hard Cap only 50$mill (it's very small if compare with EOS, TEZOS) & Presale with maximum personal cap! (everyone can to participate)

= Best category of project (best ROI - statistics) + Hype Level OK (The project will quickly collect money) + Good Conditions (small hard cap, personal cap)

My approach is aimed at a quick return on investment (return the invested money and HODL profit)

Here we select the most interesting ICO
https://icodrops.com

The Best ICO Calendar
█ █ █   ICO Drops   █ █ █
Rating + Bounty List + ROI
Deathtiny

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

I look for
1- Valuation
2- Team
3- Vision & Business applications (Will it make profit in the future? If not, it's not worth an investment.)
crismass1225

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:00:35 AM

These are the list I am looking at ICO:

-Strong Team - Developer that have reputation and real person [better to check their names and profession]
-Vision - how the team sees future in their project
-Whitepaper
-Roadmap
-How the coin will solve the existing problem
-how many token or coins will be release
-what happen if the token or coins are not sell during ICO or after ICO
-live support that can answer questions immetiately
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:31:20 PM

Coin concept - Do they need a coin in their system?
Great team- Good dev team, but also marketers and CEO's are needed. Also nice to see a mixture of nationalities (different viewpoints to push the project forward)
Whitepaper - Needs to be solid

One pre-sale i am looking into is Crowdholding, matches all my criteria.

https://ico.crowdholding.com
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:36:08 PM

One of the most important part is the potential of the project on blockchain technology. Is blockchain technology even needed for the project or just for a sake of adopting new technology they are opting for it. After that team and whitepaper need to be solid enough. We also can't neglect the marketing area. If the project isn't marketise properly, it won't get enough investment even if it is a good project. Competition is way too high in the market right now. ICO need to be marketise wisely.
makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:59:37 PM

Advisors, team, news, press, community and raised funds (if it had already started). These are my main aspects of choosing a good ICO. Also community feedback.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

Whenever, I would invest in the ICO I consider the concept, the team behind it, it's potential, it's target market and the plans of the team in the long run. There's a lot of things to consider before investing. And, I think this things are very important.
Muhtaixa

Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:16:42 PM

Whenever, I would invest in the ICO I consider the concept, the team behind it, it's potential, it's target market and the plans of the team in the long run. There's a lot of things to consider before investing. And, I think this things are very important.

dont forget to add community. if there is no community icos not reaching hardcap easily.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:18:36 PM

I look for a solid community. One that the people behind it are in it for the long run. They are dedicated and worth with one another to make it better and grow the community. The team must be professionals and also the website needs to be great or I would not invest.
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:35:17 PM

I look for a solid community. One that the people behind it are in it for the long run. They are dedicated and worth with one another to make it better and grow the community. The team must be professionals and also the website needs to be great or I would not invest.

I'd add that the business model proposed really needs a blockchain. Today, everybody is creating ICOs even for business that don't really need a decentralized ledger or have no strict privacy requirements

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
coolzzz

Activity: 77

Coins

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:13:58 PM

These are the list I am looking at ICO:

-Strong Team - Developer that have reputation and real person [better to check their names and profession]
-Vision - how the team sees future in their project
-Whitepaper
-Roadmap
-How the coin will solve the existing problem
-how many token or coins will be release
-what happen if the token or coins are not sell during ICO or after ICO
-live support that can answer questions immetiately

This looks like a nice summup of the stuff you want to look at before getting into an ICO.
For me an actual product is another thing to look at.

bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:39:36 PM

Depends on what you are looking for.

If you want to flip for a quick profit, the only thing you need to look at is hype and supply and demand.  If there is much more demand than the available supply the price will go up after it gets released and you can flip for a quick profit.  For this case, the team and the actual product is really irrelevant.  Something like Kyber will instantly produce profit because hype but who knows if they will ever release a product.

If you are looking for a 1-4 month hold
1) Market cap / Hard cap  (A company raising 10M will have bigger short term growth potential than company raising 50M due to supply and demand)
2) How close the product is to release.  If close to finish product it will be less likely to be a scam and the team is working hard to finish it.  This creates hype.
3) How much is the team putting into marketing.  More in to marketing, more hype.

If you are looking to hold for 1year +
1) Team
2) Market potential (If its something that the mainstream person will use then it will get adopted and used much quicker.  Something niche will take a lot more advertisement and marketing)
3) The community that is backing it.  (ie bitcoin and etherum have a very strong community for development and growth)

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
BartS

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:28:15 PM

I only check one thing before I buy an ICO... if Paris Hilton is buying Huh
lol. I just check how many people had invested in this ICO. Cheesy then buy.
I loled as well, who in their right mind is going to invest in a coin in which Paris Hilton seem to be the image of the coin, she is good at selling perfumes and stuff like that but crypto? Anyway how many people have invested in the ico is important if too many people have invested then that is not good but if too few people invested that is not good either.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:35:54 PM

I definitely go for analysing team, project, vision, whitepaper and website. But before investing, I always wait for 3-4 days and analyze the investment growth. If they are already raising millions in initial days, then yes that ICO has some potential and I myself invest in it. Otherwise, I either wait more or just completely ignore the particular ICO. Sometimes the project do have potential, but it didn't get marketise properly. Investing in such ICOs isn't worthwhile too.
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 04:26:04 PM

The things I look for in an ICO are
Team composition,Bitcoin talk.org thread,stage of the project,what do they need the token for?,token distribution,whitepaper,etc.

BartS

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:15:21 PM

Has to be a great team, doesn't mean they have to have 10 successful projects, but I want them to be accessible and available.

Something new that has a real use, I love possibilities the much as the next guy, but if it isn't viable in the next few years you are paying someone to "see" if they can make it work

Being as open and as transparent as possible.
Correct some people think that investing in a new coin with a new concept is the best way to go but if the concept has never been tried and there is not a beta or something that tells you that this is going to be a complete gamble, if it works you could earn a fortune but if you fail you could lose all your money since it could be one of those projects that never presents a working product.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: