Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11170 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:27:34 AM

I don't think so, digital currency will replace paper money, many country will never allow digital currency to operate in their country, they don't believe in it, they believe any digital come with huge security    risk.
As of now, we cannot say that bitcoin can easily replace or ever replace the paper money because if we will look at the governments in different countries, we can say that they are not welcoming the cryptocurrencies right now, maybe because they didn't fully understand what are the purposes of the cryptocurrencies so i think that the cryptos still need a lot of time before talking about replacing the paper money.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alizay

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:29:55 AM

Who knows, it might. But i don't thonk that's gonna be on the short or even medium term. In my opinion thats soon gonna be a complementary monetary system to fiat that will allow us to avoid the exchange rate. The universal currency that you ise when you travel.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:33:03 AM

No, but both will go hand-in-hand

my opinion is different from you, in my opinion digital currency will become global currency in the future. everyone will use digital currency as a means of payment. I believe this will happen because the users of digital money at this time are increasing from year to year.

wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:35:27 AM

One day, it will be real yes.

World will have only one currency and it will be digital money.

Why are you pretty sure about that will happen in future?
I think we can not know about it will happen or not because its very unpredictable. For me bitcoin will never change paper money.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

In my opinion , I think it is still possible for digital currencies to replace paper money in the future because we are already in a digital world where everything depends in the power of technology. However, it will be easier for bigger and countries with advanced technology to make it possible. It only takes time and needs to consider a lot of things.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
heallove

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

It is not crazy at all to assume that our current financial system will soon be replaced by cryptocurrency, and this change will bring major changes to the global economy.
Max79

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:43:28 AM

I wanted to remove the paper money and all switched to electronic money.Although it has some countries like Japan and south korea that accepted the importance of bitcoin in their industry still bitcoin find it hard to accept in any countries.
kingkats0803

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:50:02 AM

I believe this is possible as means in paying various goods, things, and even properties. But I would say, this should not replace physical money.
In addition, risk is high for theft of your digital money.
But then again, it is very efficient in a fast-paced transaction with the advent of technology.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:54:34 AM

Yes I think. Just look from the past. Before fridge are invented, we get our ice from icy place like North and South Poles, Antartica etc.. Artificial Ice (those that comes from refrigerators)  are considered dangerous and hazardous to health during that time. They though that ice that grows from metal using chemical that cools water are risking our health. But overtime, society accept the artificial ice until today! I can relate this analogy to the cryptocurrencies. Maybe society are still scared because they don't what it can do. But overtime, people will accept bitcoin bit by bit.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:56:26 AM
Merited by lucy1215 (4), ammo121810 (2)

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

I think with the current situation now it would take a long period of time before bitcoin or crypto currency will replace the fiat system. Most of the people around the world do still use the fiat or the so called paper money. Crypto currency could only replace if only everyone around the world adopt the crypto currency and implemented in each every country. It would still take a long time before it might happen.

TecScout

Activity: 270
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:58:58 AM

I think it will be like that someday.
But that will be at least another 20 years if not longer.

Many people and especially the "important" institution (banks, stock exchanges, companies, etc.) are very dependent on your money
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:59:49 AM

Even for me Also major part of expense goes through electric currency or digital currency now cryptocurrency currency become integral part of my life .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
kiedis

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:03:17 PM

It all depends on the governments. I am sure that crypto's utulity is so big that eventually people could abandon fiat currencies. But it would also significantly downgrade governments importance and that's something that politicians cannot agree with.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:12:53 PM

I believe this is possible as means in paying various goods, things, and even properties. But I would say, this should not replace physical money.
In addition, risk is high for theft of your digital money.
But then again, it is very efficient in a fast-paced transaction with the advent of technology.

Yes it could be possible but not so soon.  The world is not yet ready for cashless transactions.  It would kind of hard especially when buying small things like pieces of candies.  Small business will be affected by this thing if it happened.  But as I said it would take too long because not all part of the world have access of electricity.
Ad Baculum

Activity: 175
Merit: 23

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:39:09 PM

I think it will be like that someday.
But that will be at least another 20 years if not longer.

Many people and especially the "important" institution (banks, stock exchanges, companies, etc.) are very dependent on your money

There's a big possibility that digital currency will replace paper money. In the near future, the world could be more high in technology that could possibly mean that digital currency will occur and little by little, as time goes by, can replace paper money.

boomdasdas

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:44:47 PM

I do think that eventually all money will be electronic. It's getting there already with payment methods like credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, etc. Most spending I do is with a credit card, then I use my bank's billpay system to make payments on the credit cards. So I don't use cash unless it's a small purchase.

I think everyone will gradually move away from cash to some kind of digital fiat. It's hard to say what that will look like in the future, but I think it will happen.
No need for the future, now my country's electronic money has been used more than paper money, non-cash forms of payment, instead they use bank cards to transfer money in the bar math
wolfgang56

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

I don't think digital currency will replace paper money because there are still people who are now computer literate because we know that we can't enter digital world if we do not know how to use a computer. Many people of other country are poor and can't even eat 3 meals a day.

sollahp

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:07:41 PM

Not a fucking chance , i don't want the store keep me at there place when simply i just buy a bread till they got at least 1 confirmation for the transaction. It sucks.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:14:22 PM

Big no sir! Digital currencies has many attributes unlike paper money. It is decentralized and not producible and I think that would be the reason why it cant bet paper money. Paper money is centralized and producible. Aside of that, paper money also can do transaction without having an internet connection. Yes were embracing the technology of having a major and innovative discovery like digital currency but in the end of the day its still the paper money who won the battle. Digital money can be dominating if and only if the whole world is connected to the internet.
jonas5222000

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:16:50 PM

Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money? i think it could be but it takes more than a year to replace digital currency into paper money in my country,because the knowledge of people in currency is not enough its because my country suffered poverty however my country getting up in any situation thats why i hope that the digital currency will be appear in near future.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: