Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:52:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency E-commerce Project  (Read 461 times)
TheGBTGroup (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:22:17 PM

I'm proud to announce about 8 months ago a group of friends started an ambitious project, to create an online retail market,
so what makes a difference to other companies? The payment method for any purchase: BTC and ETH (BCH in progress).
We are still in a BETA fase, and the estimated website launching will be around October 2017.
Our history: In 2015, three young entusiasts from Sao Paolo, Brazil, Gabriel(27), Tomas (23) and Mateo(26) believed in decided to invest in a GPU and start mining BTC, bussiness went pretty good but
now we are facing a new obstacle, high fees/comissions, making it expensive to turn those mined cryptocoins into fiat.
, thats why we decided to create a place where anyone can buy and sell products (like Amazon/Ebay style) but wih cryptocurrency.
Going into the legal field, at the time the U.S. laws makes it a tedious and slow processs, but we will succeed! Is totally legit to do in Brazil.

We don't have a name yet for the site, want to hear some ideas!

If any developer want to help us feel free to contact us at GTMdev@outlook.com or GTM.project02@gmail.com

Donations are much appreciated:
BTC: 18xNfSFF5arN8XCyRj5Ybd6HW4H3dHkm4o
ETH: 0xeE95Ff2e43cf1477e04697dd545E077517c29a36

We will be updaing this post every week, sharing the progress!

Lets make this project real.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mihir

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:13:32 PM

Will that be legal?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:37:49 AM

To be honest here, i have a full app ready for this, i made the whole app from scratch but later realized there was a slight problem with the trust factor. Why would anyone would trust me with their home address if they want to buy something from Amazon! For a product worth 500 dollars or so, it's not worth it to compromise your privacy. If you can somehow solve this trust issue your app will succeed but without this issue being getting fixed there is no chance that this will work.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:39:17 PM

To be honest here, i have a full app ready for this, i made the whole app from scratch but later realized there was a slight problem with the trust factor. Why would anyone would trust me with their home address if they want to buy something from Amazon! For a product worth 500 dollars or so, it's not worth it to compromise your privacy. If you can somehow solve this trust issue your app will succeed but without this issue being getting fixed there is no chance that this will work.

Indeed, build trust is the most important thing for e-commerce. I think there are some way to fix the issue, first start to introduce only for local community before the project go worldwide or hire a trusted people who expert in escrow and have a "name" in cryptocurrency community (worldwide).
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:28:53 PM

Indeed, there are several obstacles to start such E-commerce.
But, let's start with your projects name, without it nothing to say.
We want to see your site, FAQ, how to join and everything that relate to your service.
Honestly, payment method is a good idea due to current fees already decrease, we can pay low fees for $100-$200, not sure about $500, but I am sure segwit has resolved fees problem.
The most important thing is how to build trust in your country, dealing with regulations and should be legalized.
Next thing is spread the words about your site, ads on TV will be great.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:04:44 AM

Indeed, there are several obstacles to start such E-commerce.
But, let's start with your projects name, without it nothing to say.
We want to see your site, FAQ, how to join and everything that relate to your service.
Honestly, payment method is a good idea due to current fees already decrease, we can pay low fees for $100-$200, not sure about $500, but I am sure segwit has resolved fees problem.
The most important thing is how to build trust in your country, dealing with regulations and should be legalized.
Next thing is spread the words about your site, ads on TV will be great.

Besides this, there is very little profit margin and discourages the user to use it in the first place. I had the same issue while i was making the app. Any margin i made would have discouraged the user to use cyrptocurrency and go with fiat instead. This only works in theory but doesn't works in real life.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

I'm proud to announce about 8 months ago a group of friends started an ambitious project, to create an online retail market,
so what makes a difference to other companies? The payment method for any purchase: BTC and ETH (BCH in progress).
We are still in a BETA fase, and the estimated website launching will be around October 2017.
Our history: In 2015, three young entusiasts from Sao Paolo, Brazil, Gabriel(27), Tomas (23) and Mateo(26) believed in decided to invest in a GPU and start mining BTC, bussiness went pretty good but
now we are facing a new obstacle, high fees/comissions, making it expensive to turn those mined cryptocoins into fiat.
, thats why we decided to create a place where anyone can buy and sell products (like Amazon/Ebay style) but wih cryptocurrency.
Going into the legal field, at the time the U.S. laws makes it a tedious and slow processs, but we will succeed! Is totally legit to do in Brazil.

We don't have a name yet for the site, want to hear some ideas!

If any developer want to help us feel free to contact us at GTMdev@outlook.com or GTM.project02@gmail.com

Donations are much appreciated:
BTC: 18xNfSFF5arN8XCyRj5Ybd6HW4H3dHkm4o
ETH: 0xeE95Ff2e43cf1477e04697dd545E077517c29a36

We will be updaing this post every week, sharing the progress!

Lets make this project real.
am a bit sceptical about it but since you said is legal am going to side with your words and with the name i suggest crypto-mart wouldn't be bad
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:21:55 AM

This is definitely a promising market that is just beginning. Cryptocurrency is scaled. E-commerce too. If among you there is a smart marketer who will choose the right model for start, you should get it. Don't delay with the development. Run and test in the local market is compact. Although there are other options of course. You can count on my early feedback when you are ready to show the project. Good luck!  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: