Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitcoinGPU (BTCGPU) - forked spinoff, new PoW, adjusting size cap, segwit  (Read 16220 times)
Ukraine2020

Activity: 826
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:46:44 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Another fork??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:49:12 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Another fork??

No. It's a pure scam. Premined. Not a fork.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:39:13 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 10:54:23 PM by afbitcoins

Huh Huh Huh

Another fork??

No it is a fork. Because anyone who holds private keys on bitcoin (segwit) will have the same private keys on bitcoin 'gold' blockchain just as it was with bitcoin cash on the last fork.

Premine is different, means the coins are all created up front and held by the devs, who typically sell them with an ICO or something.

I think the bitcoin cash fork was kind of warranted. Segwit was a huge change to bitcoin which many people didnt lke so to create a fork was justified. This I don't know. Too many forks could be damaging. I don't see a great need for this fork
Tryptohash

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:04:17 AM

No it is a fork. Because anyone who holds private keys on bitcoin (segwit) will have the same private keys on bitcoin 'gold' blockchain just as it was with bitcoin cash on the last fork.

Premine is different, means the coins are all created up front and held by the devs, who typically sell them with an ICO or something.

I think the bitcoin cash fork was kind of warranted. Segwit was a huge change to bitcoin which many people didnt lke so to create a fork was justified. This I don't know. Too many forks could be damaging. I don't see a great need for this fork

There were some information about ICO and I could get my head round that.
Could someone more educated in this topic tell what it takes to fork? For sure it's not mining power, because at first BCH had 0,28% hash rate of BTC.
At first Bitcoin Cash, now this. Does anyone with a brillant idea of "creating another free money" can do this? This whole fork thing looks just ridiculous.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:36:33 PM

Huh Huh Huh

Another fork??

Its a fork from the original BTC chain its no more pre mined than Bcash and guess who gets all the "premined" coins every BTC holder at a rate of 1:1 at the time of the fork
jsimnz

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:41:56 PM

From what I can tell its actually both a fork and a premine...  Undecided

However the details have since been removed from their site, originally they explained it.

Here is how I understand it. After the fork, everyone who holds BTC private keys gets their 1:1 BitcoinGPU (BTG). They are ALSO doing an ICO where they advance the blockchain manually (not sure how) 16,000 blocks, and keep the block rewards of 12.5 BTG/block = 200,000BTG.

They will be selling the ICO at 1:10 BTC:BTG.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Sounds like huge shit show to me. but you never know.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:27:42 PM

However the details have since been removed from their site, originally they explained it.

Here is how I understand it. After the fork, everyone who holds BTC private keys gets their 1:1 BitcoinGPU (BTG). They are ALSO doing an ICO where they advance the blockchain manually (not sure how) 16,000 blocks, and keep the block rewards of 12.5 BTG/block = 200,000BTG.

I don't think that will happen there is only supposed to be 1 week from fork to launch so there may be a few premine blocks but not many
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 12:05:31 AM

Well I was assuming it was just a normal fork. But yeh a fork and premine with ICO thats a new twist. Or shit show.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 12:12:09 AM

There were some information about ICO and I could get my head round that.
Could someone more educated in this topic tell what it takes to fork? For sure it's not mining power, because at first BCH had 0,28% hash rate of BTC.
At first Bitcoin Cash, now this. Does anyone with a brillant idea of "creating another free money" can do this? This whole fork thing looks just ridiculous.

My non expert take on it is this. Anyone (with skills to know how) could make a fork at any time just by duplicating the code, changing the name and a few other key things to prevent the two blockchains becoming entangled after the split and thats about it. Announce it and start mining it. But for the project to grow it would need people to support it, through its whole ecosystem, ie miners, devs and users. For that to happen it would need a good reason for being.
abeandund

Activity: 124
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:06:48 PM

This altcoin could be genius and the very least opportunistic.  I believe Ethereum is forking on the 25th of October as well and their block reward dropping to 3 eth/ from 5.

Information is vague at best, but to me it sounds like that this gpu coin already forked when bch forked from bitcoin.  That would mean everyone same amount of gpu coin as they had bch from the airdrop. 

Before block: 478558 will be airdropped
block 478558 + 16000 will be premined for ICO?

I'm guessing at 478558 will be a migration from sha256 to a gpu friendly algo?  How many blocks beyond the 16000 ICO blocks will have been premined?

None the less, very interesting idea and excellent timing: it is probably just bitmain behind this coin just they are "presumably" bch.  I would venture a guess that gpus will viable for near future but they will have an asic that they will only accept this new gpu coin for as payment? 

Purely my opinion, all these forks of bitcoin are about obtaining more bitcoin.  I'm holding my BTC and will gladly take the airdrops.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 07:35:05 PM

This altcoin could be genius and the very least opportunistic.  I believe Ethereum is forking on the 25th of October as well and their block reward dropping to 3 eth/ from 5.

Information is vague at best, but to me it sounds like that this gpu coin already forked when bch forked from bitcoin.  That would mean everyone same amount of gpu coin as they had bch from the airdrop.  

Before block: 478558 will be airdropped
block 478558 + 16000 will be premined for ICO?

I'm guessing at 478558 will be a migration from sha256 to a gpu friendly algo?  How many blocks beyond the 16000 ICO blocks will have been premined?

None the less, very interesting idea and excellent timing: it is probably just bitmain behind this coin just they are "presumably" bch.  I would venture a guess that gpus will viable for near future but they will have an asic that they will only accept this new gpu coin for as payment?  

Purely my opinion, all these forks of bitcoin are about obtaining more bitcoin.  I'm holding my BTC and will gladly take the airdrops.

Its not been forked yet the actual forking block has yet to be decided last I heard it was block 487427 which was due 1st Oct but this was further postponed and now will be forked on the 25th October at a yet to be defined block height with the official release on the 1st November (the same time as the 2x fork)

There was supposed to be a small premine to pay for a developer not sure whats happening with that now though but I agree it is a very interesting project and possibly has a lot of potential to steal hashrate from some of the shitcoins using a proven system thats tried and tested by core.

Ive been told that when it launches that the difficulty will start really low which is fine if its adjusting the difficulty on every block and that there will be an official mining pool so users can start mining straight away
EnemyDown

Activity: 76
Merit: 11

(︶︹︶)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:40:00 PM

What I rescue is that you are sincere and you say at the beginning that you do not know about this project and that for me is important, so that a user can take their precautions.

abeandund

Activity: 124
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:40:30 AM

Thanks tek, I was wondering the basis of your opinion, you made me research it further than OP's copy of the bitcoingold page.  There is a lot more info there than one would think.  The face page link is informative as well as the tweeter link.  I am seriously interested in this coin now.

Does anyone have any idea of what kind of wallet is in development to receive airdrop and mine day one, let alone split from bitcoin?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

Thanks tek, I was wondering the basis of your opinion, you made me research it further than OP's copy of the bitcoingold page.  There is a lot more info there than one would think.  The face page link is informative as well as the tweeter link.  I am seriously interested in this coin now.

Does anyone have any idea of what kind of wallet is in development to receive airdrop and mine day one, let alone split from bitcoin?

Yes I follow this on twitter (https://twitter.com/btcgpu) they answer questions if asked im guessing to start off with the wallet will be a clone of the core full wallet but you should be able to use any bitcoin paper wallet to store offline as for a 3rd party light wallet etc that's hard to say I guess it will depend on if it gains any real value

I was told there would be a mining pool set up at the time of launch but further than that I have no more information but I expect things to be similar to when Bcash launched
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:50:33 AM

Huh Huh Huh

Another fork??

Scam pay attention and share this information so everyone does not panic, some people believe that there will be a fork.
and some are happy to get BTG for free. Ha  Grin

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kulahin

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:17:17 PM

waiting for 10btg/1btc in first week
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:49:52 AM

Honestly I would support BTCGPU/Gold ... because I think GPU mining have a better economical returns for long term miners... and Gold always reminds me something to hold (lower liquidity, in opposition to cash/payment system). With that in mind

Why not add to the project roadmap in general the following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bitcoin G (gpu-gold)

1 - Can l be used to track real gold production .. like this idea from IBM on track supply-chain
https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/supply-chain/

2 - Is it possible to fine tune the GPU mining algorithm to follow these top hardware used for deep learning ?
https://datascience.stackexchange.com/questions/18626/what-is-the-best-hardware-gpu-for-deep-learning

Patent1number: ****-****
totallybit

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

Seems now their site is just the splash page. Will have to wait for more information to be posted again which from the looks of it won't happen before the 25th
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:31:14 PM

I wonder how many will fall for this , This is pure scam , BTC with pre mine , ICO , No replay protection , It is screaming scam . Please for every one who will try to dump this coin be careful and do not do so unless you know what you are doing because you can simply lose your real BTC .

I will leave this link I came cross : https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/757l70/here_is_why_bitcoingold_is_shady_and_a_scam_you/
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:08:14 AM

From marketing and promotion to Altcoins to storage and the buy and hold philosophy.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: