Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 Burned  (Read 590 times)
1969mets (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:13:38 PM

One of my hash boards on my s7 burned out (not literally, as the other two did), so I sent it in for repair. During that time, I ran the s7 with just two hashboards, thinking nothing of it. It worked fine for about 3 days until I went downstairs and saw that they had both been fried, including the wires. (pic below) Can someone explain why this happened and if it is possible and/or worth it to fix? I was thinking about just selling it and buying two hashboards with the money to plug in to my other s7. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/gyIRP
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:33:12 PM

Older 54 chip S7s would burn like that all the time, and it was almost always when they lost network connectivity. If you have a very old S7 (first few batches) with very old firmware (which is why you should update your firmware) it could have caught on fire from lack of internet connection. It only takes a few minutes for them to heat up and burn themselves like that.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
1969mets (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:37:08 PM

Older 54 chip S7s would burn like that all the time, and it was almost always when they lost network connectivity. If you have a very old S7 (first few batches) with very old firmware (which is why you should update your firmware) it could have caught on fire from lack of internet connection. It only takes a few minutes for them to heat up and burn themselves like that.

That may be the case, because when I went to check on them they did not have a connection, but only one of them was burned. Also these were the 45 chip boards. Thanks
MinerSRQ

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:24:01 PM

One of my hash boards on my s7 burned out (not literally, as the other two did), so I sent it in for repair. During that time, I ran the s7 with just two hashboards, thinking nothing of it. It worked fine for about 3 days until I went downstairs and saw that they had both been fried, including the wires. (pic below) Can someone explain why this happened and if it is possible and/or worth it to fix? I was thinking about just selling it and buying two hashboards with the money to plug in to my other s7. Any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/gyIRP

I recently had a board die in an S7 and took it out...  while running the remaining 2, I noticed their temps rose VERY high compared to what they were when all 3 boards were in the S7.  I suspect that the airflow was an issue.  (i.e., the missing board allowed the air to flow AROUND the other 2 boards heatsinks)   At least in my case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: