Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine BTC on iphone ?  (Read 11383 times)
Matrix.Max (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:47:00 PM

Hi BTT Friends

i want to know that can i mine BTC on my iphone?
if yes then pls guide me. i want to mine it.

also want to know if anyother curypto is minable on iphone.

Thanks 
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:52:01 PM

And the clueless wide-eyed idiots are asking this again... ROFL
Your tech toys are useless for mining. Period. End of story. Bye-bye!
Try reading a bit around here to see what kind of very serious hardware is used.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Matrix.Max (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Try reading a bit around here to see what kind of very serious hardware is used.

I know it is very stupid question but BCH is minable on anroid is it true or not?

also want to know which kind of serious hardware need.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

I know it is very stupid question but BCH is minable on anroid is it true or not?

this has been discussed so many times...

yes: technically, it's possible to mine BTC or BCH on your phone, in the same sense that it's possible to remove all the water from the ocean by yourself using only a table spoon...
Sure you can do it, but you won't finish the job in your lifetime, not even in a hundred lifetimes...

As for your second question: an antminer S9, an S7 or an avalon 6 are your best chances of turning a profit IF you have super-cheap electricity, some basic knowledge, some time and a suitable place to put it.... Don't just rush off and buy an ASIC without learning the basics about mining and chrunching the numbers...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Matrix.Max (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:58:11 PM

this has been discussed so many times...

yes: technically, it's possible to mine BTC or BCH on your phone, in the same sense that it's possible to remove all the water from the ocean by yourself using only a table spoon...
Sure you can do it, but you won't finish the job in your lifetime, not even in a hundred lifetimes...

As for your second question: an antminer S9, an S7 or an avalon 6 are your best chances of turning a profit IF you have super-cheap electricity, some basic knowledge, some time and a suitable place to put it.... Don't just rush off and buy an ASIC without learning the basics about mining and chrunching the numbers...

Thanks Legend This hint will be very helpful to me.
NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 02:26:56 PM

If it were an Android phone it can be used to mine altcoins (albeit only worth doing so if the phone is worth very little), but I don't think there's a reasonable way to mine with iPhone nowadays. Back in the day, it was possible to mine Perk on iPhones, but the time when even mostly broken iPhones were worth mining with are long past.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2509

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

Should also point out that IF it is done at all, the phone must always be plugged in to accomplish even the ridiculously low hash rate it will produce with the CPU's always running full speed. On battery? Might go for maybe an hour but forget about using the phone for anything else... And therein lies the reason to just say - no.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
efeaydin

Activity: 181
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:41:22 PM

1. Jailbreak your iPhone.
2. Download Python (or a BTC Miner tweak if you can find one, skip part 3)
3. Download a miner script written Python.
4. Run it.

You won't profit so I don't advice you to do it.
cryptodollar

Activity: 63
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:46:33 AM

I am a newbie with only 14 posts and I will never actually mine a bitcoin, but..
This is the greatest thread I've ever read. Thank you for the smile before bedtime.

-Cheers.
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:11:18 AM

Should also point out that IF it is done at all, the phone must always be plugged in to accomplish even the ridiculously low hash rate it will produce with the CPU's always running full speed. On battery? Might go for maybe an hour but forget about using the phone for anything else... And therein lies the reason to just say - no.

Phones are not made to dissipate heat from running CPU full speed 24/7, even if plugged in it will still overheat and ruin your battery by swelling.
NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 04:02:19 AM

Phones are not made to dissipate heat from running CPU full speed 24/7, even if plugged in it will still overheat and ruin your battery by swelling.
You don't use a nice phone for mining. You bought $20 and under specials that pay off rather quickly and accept that it would probably only last 6 months to a year. Or at least did, back when breaking even in less than a month was very likely. Nowadays, a $20 quad core is a gamble.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
Matrix.Max (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:36:38 PM

1. Jailbreak your iPhone.
2. Download Python (or a BTC Miner tweak if you can find one, skip part 3)
3. Download a miner script written Python.
4. Run it.

You won't profit so I don't advice you to do it.

Thanks for hint..
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:33:15 PM

The first thing you do is fire up your time machine and go 8 years or thereabouts into the past.

THEN you might manage to mine BTC on a smartphone for something resembling a profit.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Goddybit

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

Am having Android and am interested in altcoin can I go?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:18:48 PM

Am having Android and am interested in altcoin can I go?
You can sure go ahead with some altcoins but you won't get too much from mining with an ARM CPU. Watch out and make sure the CPU doesn't get too hot, and keep in mind you will likely shorten the life of your device by mining. Most phones have horrible heat dissipation and suffer from terrible heat issues.
NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:34:30 AM

The only phones worth mining with are the ones with a resale value below $20, probably more like $10 or so nowadays.

NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

You can't mine Bitcoin with anything but an ASIC for the last few years, but there are altcoins that are still profitable to mine with cheap/old smartphones.

jmaresca

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

LEGIT AIRDROPS - https://airdrop.buzz

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:02:15 PM

Hi BTT Friends

Thanks 

You are absolutely wasting your time trying to mine on an iPhone or any smart phone for that later. You will probably earn about 10 cents per month and your data will go through the roof.

BINANCE CASH BACK PROGRAM - Earn back 12% of your trading fees w/ our cash back program. https://binancecashback.com - EBATES OF CRYPTO TRADING!
jmaresca

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

LEGIT AIRDROPS - https://airdrop.buzz

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 09:04:10 PM

OMG. Im confused. People who want to mine with their phones, read some information about mining first!

We shouldn't be so hard on them. I am sure we knew very little about mining at one time. Being lazy about answers to questions is the real crime. If someone wants to learn about crypto and mining they should have at least conducted their own research to know this is a lost cause.

BINANCE CASH BACK PROGRAM - Earn back 12% of your trading fees w/ our cash back program. https://binancecashback.com - EBATES OF CRYPTO TRADING!
NiHaoMike

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:06:16 AM

Hi BTT Friends

Thanks 

You are absolutely wasting your time trying to mine on an iPhone or any smart phone for that later. You will probably earn about 10 cents per month and your data will go through the roof.
The only ones who mine on a data plan are the ones who have unlimited plans. And as mining is only worth doing on cheap devices (i.e. almost certainly not your main phone), in practice, that means practically everyone uses Wifi for mining.

Even now, there are altcoins that will get way more than 10c per month per device. Around $8/month/device right now in my experience.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: