Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ripple a Scam?  (Read 3524 times)
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:34:12 AM

When it is open, then I'll look at it. Until then, I'm too ignorant to trust it because it is closed.

Fine, I'm not saying you should use it. If you distrust it, don't use it. But there must be more to it because you are actively campaigning against it and spreading FUD.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LevLion

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

Im a super Newbie in this subject and I dont know what is Ripple... The Wiki site of Bitcoin is down in the section of Ripple!...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Ripple

Any good links to follow??? Google is not helping me at the time of writing! Will keep looking!

All best!

l.
Litvin

Activity: 78
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:55:53 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 07:43:32 PM by Litvin

Ripple is not crypto money - scam from bankers and government.
Ripple - is not open source;
Ripple - Each Ripple node is controlled by a private commercial company. It is centralized as a bank or PayPal. Not a decentralized currency.
Ripple - totally 100% with the pre-release issued by Ripple Labs, 65% were left to themselves and 35% sold;
Ripple - not anonymous;
Ripple - emission is possible in unlimited quantities;
Ripple - created by the richest states and banks of the world on the money of monopoly oligarchs, with one purpose to destroy and devalue in the public eye the world of crypto-currencies.
 It is very difficult to destroy bitokoyn, because it is decentralized. Everyone who manages the bitcoins client is peer and conducts transactions around, and everyone who picks up votes with their hashing. Bitcomoin group of kernel developers could be arrested, but new developers will just get the better.
 Take a look at all Bitcoin services that were hacked. MtGox. Bitcoinica. MyBitcoin. InstaWallet. You might lose bitkoyny, which you deposited there - debt - but if you kept the real bitkoy in their purse, they were safe. When a Ripple gateway or currency issuer is hacked, because you can only hold BTC and, for example, debt, you lose them.
   But with Ripple, all that's required is a raid-like what happened to Liberty Dollar-to kill the entire network because of its centralization. The update can be ejected to destroy all XRP and transactions - and this will work, because one object has 51% of the attack on the network. This simply can not be done with Bitcoin, if only with an international attack on mine pool operators, and when this happens, people will simply switch to solo development.
  Ripple supporters (for example, OpenCoin Inc employees who speak their own views) point to small default values that have not been disconnected from the network. Of course, this will not happen. But a sufficiently large default from the lock will lead to a crash - there is a critical mass
 States are afraid of crypto-currencies and criticize them. Ripple is not criticized by the authorities, states, politicians and bankers! You will not hear anything bad about Ripple from them.
 For several years Ripple will eat all the main crypto-currencies - this is the black hole of the crypto-currency market, launched by states and banks. The total capitalization of the crypto-currency market will remain insignificant, and the Ripple capitalization will grow due to the exhaustion of money from other crypto-currencies. When banks artificially depreciate the world's major crypto-currencies, with the help of Ripple, there will then be an unrestricted release of the Ripple (because of its centralization) and the owners' funds will also be depreciated with the help of huge inflation, and subsequently unlimited emissions Ripple will be completely destroyed by banks and their governments.
This will allow states to declare crypto money outlawed and never allow to return to private money and crypt.

I’m an early adopter of Ripple – having used it before it was publicly announced – but I need to point out what the inherit flaws are, and why Ripple is arguably a scam.
I could have taken my free XRPs and posted propaganda in support of Ripple, but that’s not the kind of person I am. I want to expose the world to the fraud of Ripple and OpenCoin Inc – what you will never see on the homepage.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224365.msg2358207#msg2358207
Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1735977.0
Midoucha

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

Ripple is not a Scam but it's a great mockery in my opinion, controlled by Chinese bankers who have fun manipulating the market with small statements. After they announced few days ago that they have frozen a small part of the tokens, the price has multiplied by 10. Ridiculous, Frozen, not even burned. Crypto market has no sense  Undecided
Slimberry

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:12:33 PM

Just learn one or two things here. So that mean ripples ain't safe holding for long?
activerog

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:25:02 PM

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced it's a scam. I might be wrong, but from what I've learnt so far, Ripple seems to have a lot of potential, it'll be interesting to see what 2018 will bring as far as Ripple is concerned, now that it's over-taken Ethereum to become the #2 crypto in terms of market cap - Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-29/ripple-s-ris-is-poised-to-rain-on-ether-s-flippening-parade

There are so many posts saying Ripple is a scam.  Also, some of the adverts say it is a scam.  What's up with Ripple?
If you think it's a scam and have some, why not send me some? rNCxzs1EPCW4XbZQ6vgoerJbKvm61eS588
ImNewAnDontKnowWhat2Do

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:26:29 PM

Ripple is not Scam !!! Angry

Why? Reasoning, please.

banks use xrp to wire fiat securely, and very quickly; converting fiat to xrp.  if this doesn't help convince you. idk what will. there's a reason some of the biggest banks, amex, and now Japanese credit card companies are on board.  
Slimberry

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:27:17 PM

Ripple is not a Scam but it's a great mockery in my opinion, controlled by Chinese bankers who have fun manipulating the market with small statements. After they announced few days ago that they have frozen a small part of the tokens, the price has multiplied by 10. Ridiculous, Frozen, not even burned. Crypto market has no sense  Undecided

This seems contradictory to me.

When you hoodwink people to buy your something .what do we call that?
mescalito

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:16:09 AM

Hard to tell, I once dumped 1M XRP for peanuts, the current price is hard to believe
zzHQzz

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:35:23 AM

Ripple is not Scam !!! Angry

Why? Reasoning, please.

banks use xrp to wire fiat securely, and very quickly; converting fiat to xrp.  if this doesn't help convince you. idk what will. there's a reason some of the biggest banks, amex, and now Japanese credit card companies are on board.  
ripple is not a scam for investors
ripple is a scam for cryptocurrency world
but since most of the people just want lambo we have what we have
Litvin

Activity: 78
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:13:59 AM

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced it's a scam. I might be wrong, but from what I've learnt so far, Ripple seems to have a lot of potential, it'll be interesting to see what 2018 will bring as far as Ripple is concerned, now that it's over-taken Ethereum to become the #2 crypto in terms of market cap - Bloomberg: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-29/ripple-s-ris-is-poised-to-rain-on-ether-s-flippening-parade

There are so many posts saying Ripple is a scam.  Also, some of the adverts say it is a scam.  What's up with Ripple?
If you think it's a scam and have some, why not send me some? rNCxzs1EPCW4XbZQ6vgoerJbKvm61eS588
Say friendly No! No - RIP, No - artificial regulation, No centralization, No scam of banks and commerce, No destruction of the crypto world!
It is necessary to create groups and channels in social networks, messengers, chats where the community of free and independent crypto world explains that Ripple is the RIP for the world of crypto currency.
Explain the danger of this scam, spread information about Ripple Labs and related to this company and people who work exclusively for the benefit of the powerful, banks, aligarchy. The rich get richer - the poor get poor - that's the idea of ​​Ripple - Rip
 Together, a community independent of bankers and aligarchy, we will bring these richest scammers to clean water.
This will save the crypto currency from collapse!
Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:06:56 AM

I think Ripple is not necessarily a scam, but after I discovered crypto, I started valuing decentralization and non-regulated currencies. Ripple is something I don't trust, but I should have invested in it, ... but I didn't.... Right now I think it is overvalued anyways...
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:20:07 AM

There are so many posts saying Ripple is a scam.  Also, some of the adverts say it is a scam.  What's up with Ripple?

RIPPLE IS SCAM, YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF MONEY.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
posterhebat

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 12:32:43 PM

As I know ripple is way more fast than bitcoin, it has more transaction per second compared to bitcoin or ethereum or even litecoin. Back to days where ripple born, ripple aim and targeteng people on banking and I guess ripple is pumped ny banking people since people know ripple is way more better than bitcoin. Then after pumping, they will sold psrt by part ripple on they have then if ripple is already on peak, it could be pop like a bubble, going down to coin worth of one penny. Just make sure banking people is very greedy in my opinion.  They will get max profit from ripple then dumpen down to no worth coin.

That's all opinion tho, true or false i dont know Smiley

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:43:13 PM

Ripple is not a scam .It is a real time gross settlement system RTGS and mostly used by conventional banks.Its transactions are faster than bitcoin and ethereum it takes 4 seconds.It also handle 1500 transactions with a second and at 24/7. Ripple is gaining acceptance in the crypto world and is rank number 2 .
ridertiger

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:45:05 PM

The trouble with ripple is that their money XRP is not required for the ripple network to function. Also, any XRP you send may be lost due to DDOS attacks on XRP servers. It is because XRP is a centralized coin.
sopanbmp

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:51:28 PM

some people make a fud and also Negatif image to Ripple, because ripple its so success and verry fast reaching to the next level. so do not dubt with Riple!
gowron24

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:29:54 PM

Hey, correct me if I am wrong, but ripple is not exactly a currency, is it? it is rather an underlying blockchain system for which ripple fucntions as a token. It has recently been getting attention from numerous banks,a s it is a service, a tool for a specific market segment. That said, it might be an interesting and useful tool for some service providers, but as a currency it fails, as it was never intended as such. Am I right here?
And regardless, the Market cap would have to increase so much considering the amount of tokens that it does not seem like a long-term investment. But that's just IMHO.
Ahsan Aly

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

There are so many posts saying Ripple is a scam.  Also, some of the adverts say it is a scam.  What's up with Ripple?

It is not a scam , one of my friend is working on this and earned huge profit  Smiley

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                     
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:29:58 PM

I dont think Ripple is  a scam. Ripple has been in the top four crypto coins in the coinmarket cap in terms of volume since last year. So why do you say Ripple is a scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: