Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Up Post - One Third Hardware, One Third Kano Pool, One Third Miscellaneous  (Read 386 times)
wmabern (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:41:11 AM

A little preface for explanation:

I began this post as a reply in the Hardware thread. Along the way, I got lost and forgot that I was in the hardware thread and began writing as if I was in the Kano Pool thread. Mixed in with all of that is a smorgasbord of other info.
After I started to finish and submit the post I realized I was all mixed up! LOL Grin

So instead of deleting all of my "wonderful" post, I decided to post it here. Somewhat in the middle of all those topics. Anyway, I didn't want to delete it after spending so much time writing itl

Goodnight, folks. I'm beat! Sleep well! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reminding me... I have a dead s9 B11 board I gotta sent to CO for repair. Together with a Gimpy R4 that's over 8THs down...
I keep putting it off/forgetting...

Whoda thunk when I started in Feb 2014 with 2 lil' 10GHs BLF Jalas I'd ever say that about 8THs but now is still just blip in the total mining away for me. Dumbfounding that after the first 500GHs worth of s1's (and $4k for a long-delayed 1TH rig from AMT) ALL expansion and upgrades were paid from farm income (with a tidy bit left over Wink ) !

That is most definitely great if all of your expansion and upgrades to your farm is the result of mining profits!!  Grin
Wish I could have followed that path myself. But unfortunately I have had to sell my coins on a pretty regular schedule in order to pay bills and deal with unexpected financial requirements.

I have been very lucky in the past year or so that with my meager twice-monthly paycheck along with BTC profits, I've been able to take care of the household bills, credit card balances, and the electric bills! If I had only been able to pay those damn things off without touching my BTC, according to my Mining Rewards page, mining on Kano only, I have earned a Total: 49.55635393 BTC! That's a very sweet earning of coins if I were only able to keep them all. One of the days I'll be able to start accumulating again!  Smiley

Miners and hardware do definitely "reproduce" or "procreate". LOL
I started out with a single S7 which morphed into a total of three which begot an S9 which morphed into five S9's.  However, after illness and contagion dangled it's dark, ugly, clouds over my mining room, I am down to two fully functioning S7's and three and two thirds S9's.

What I know is that I have one S9, 600Mhz controller card (the black card) that needs to be repaired or most likely replaced. Two S9 boards (One 550Mhz and the other 600Mhz) that need replacing or repaired. And finally, a lowly S7, 700Mhz board that needs repair or replaced.

I'm going to have to do this a little at a time to stretch out the financials. First piece will probably be the S9 controller. I "MAY" send the whole S9 back to Bitmain Warranty to repair or replace the black controller card and the S9 -600Mhz board. If the price is going to be too steep, I'll just have them fix/replace the black controller card and I will run two of three cards only. Or perhaps I will just send off to Bitmain Warranty and purchase the one-piece controller card that replaces the S9 two-piece and just run two of three boards.

May or may not get the S7 hash board fixed. Might just be cheaper to buy another S7 if I can get it real cheap. OR..., hold off on doing that and just save up for another S9.

With the coin price where it is, I'm very happy to be able to run my old S7's. Can't beat them with current parameters. Each of the S7's running at stock 700Mhz is projected to earn a little over $200 per month. With the electric cost of the S7 averaging about ~$50 per month, a nice return of ~$150 each makes me smile!!

So, I'll take it step by step starting with grabbing the one-piece BB Black S9 controller from BM Warranty. That will allow me to get one more fully functioning S9 back into the battle.
After that, I'll sit back with a cold beverage and take my time figuring out what to do next!  Grin

I really needed to write this out like this so I could get all the jumbled thoughts out of my head and into some coherent, workable plan of action where I can check things off my list and see my progress. A flow chart would work great for me! LOL Shocked Definitely getting mentally disorganized in my older-years. Not that I have ever been extremely organized in any ways!! Tongue

Our pool had some fairly sucky parts of August which made August overall pretty sucky. But being only 10 blocks behind at the end of the month was actually better than I expected as it was occurring to us, day by day.
It seemed like it would be worse as it was happening. LOL

But September has started off pretty well. (Just noticed in my Awesome Miner application that I forgot to switch my pool back to Kano after I bumped one of my S9's frequency from 575-> 600Mhz. So Slush just got 1 hour and 49 minutes of hash that was intended for my Kano account. Oh well, at least it wasn't antpoo! The only reason I noticed it before I went to bed and left it pointing there overnight was because I too a quick glance at my shift graph and saw a BIG dip down the graph. )

Well, as I was starting to say, September is looking like it is off to a good start. That VERY, RED BLOCKS Stats page is looking much too red and black for my liking. A lot moreGREEN is what I would like to see creeping back onto that page before the end of this long, Labor Day weekend holiday. I'd like to see two or three blocks for each of the next four days!  Cheesy That certainly doesn't seem like too much to ask or want!  Cool

I have to work a half day tomorrow at my IT job and then I don't have to work again until next Wednesday. Not too shabby except I'm not getting paid for my time off. I suppose tomorrow afternoon it will be time to watch some football, then I will take a good S9 board out one otherwise dead miner and put it in another S9 to get a fully functioning, three-board miner.

Well, I intended to post about getting my mining hardware straightened out tomorrow by swapping out a good board for a bad one in another miner. Once again my wandering mind (along with a few Corona Extra Cerveza's Tongue) have turned a short post into the beginnings of a small short-story. I apologize about taking up forum space with my roaming thoughts. I hope it wasn't too boring.

Oh, yeah, I meant to originally reply to @NotFuzzyWarm about your hardware issue. I forgot what I was going to say regarding the hardware. But I do know I should remind you about "dead s9 B11 board I gotta sent to CO for repair. Together with a Gimpy R4 that's over 8THs down...  I keep putting it off/forgetting..."
Maybe that'll be of some help! Cheesy Cheesy

Also, let's hope that in the next few days we will know better where that next hurricane (Irma) is going to end up. I hope like hell it won't hit the US, especially the gulf coast states. I think they have had enough for now! I also need to fill my gas tank up. Gas prices have gone from $2.19 to $2.59 in the last two days.

Okay, enough! Goodnight Ladies and Gents, Boys and Girls! Sleep well and may the BLOCKS roll in overnight as the fog and clouds mingle and flow upwards filling the valleys to the peaks.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

COMEONBLOCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cool

Happy mining ya'll!!   Cheesy

Mine On!!!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: