Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:01:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice for bitcoin wallet..  (Read 2033 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:38:57 PM

Surely there are many opinions that's gonna arose to this topic and this is the most questions ask by a newbie here and this kind of topic is always popping out every now and then if you are reading every conversation here in the forum I think you can encounter answers for your problem because there are so many types of wallet out there that are secure and convenient to use and you just need to specify us on what your gonna do with a large amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:39:04 PM

I used to store my BTC on exchanges because it will be easy to sell when I panic. Now I realized that how bad it was and regret it. Downloaded mycelium and using it since six months now. Its been a great experience with it and the transactions are quite easy with variations in fees.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Devilcheg

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:39:55 PM

I am newcomer and very interested about bitcoin. I need a wallet before I am purchase some bitcoin. What is the best and most secure bitcoin wallet?

Your suggestion is very important to me

use bitcoin core it's the best and most secure, but require a large storage at first for synching the blockchain, but then you can use the prune mode to reduce space

You have not written what you will do with Bitcoin.
If you want to buy, and sell for example in a couple of months, use poloniex or kraken.
If you want to constantly buy bitcoins, i.e. invest in them, then you need bitcoin-core
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:42:12 PM

I am newcomer and very interested about bitcoin. I need a wallet before I am purchase some bitcoin. What is the best and most secure bitcoin wallet?

Well, I suggest to you to use online wallet because its very easy to use and you can also use it to transfer money and pay your bills. In addition to that, there are lot of online wallet and I think blochchain is one of the best online wallet. Lastly, you can also use offline wallet but you need to install it to your computer.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:42:39 PM

Use offline wallet so you do not have to worry about your bitcoin security. because right now the wallet exchange is not believed anymore since the BTC-e case. I have switched all btc assets into my personal wallet

bitcoin exhangers are not that trusted lately since many exchangers have done scamming many costumers and scammed a lot of bitcoins. You are not holding your Private Key that is why you can say that you do not manage your own Bitcoins. I use Electrum because it is a great Bitcoin wallet, in terms of exchanger, I use Coins.ph because it is very efficient to use especially in my country.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:44:56 PM

you may use, both cold wallet and an online wallet, but what i am using right now is an online wallet it is good, i am trusting it too much, and also my friend, but be sure you will put some security options there so that the people will hardly hack your belongings, you may also download a hardware wallet if you want it.
Jeger

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:45:27 PM

If you have iOS device that is not JAILBROKEN, then I would suggest BreadWallet, it's one of the best independent mobile wallets out there. If you like ease of mind and transactions then I would pick Xapo and Coinbase (not for long term storage). If you want to store your coins for a long time then I suggest paper wallet and make sure it's encrypted.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bassong

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:47:54 PM

There a lot of good wallets, use google and do some research to find what you like. Personally I use blockchain.info without issues, and it is very noob friendly.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:48:53 PM

The Best and safe and very lite to use desktop wallet is Electrum. You dont need to backup your software just keep secure the seed key and when ever you want you can just download the electrum software and key in the seed key and upload the wallet and use it very lite and secure wallet.
Cryptojeesus

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 02:54:44 PM

I have liked Exodus wallet a lot. It's good for bitcoin and some altcoins. You get your own key to the wallet and can backup it. Heres the link to the website.  Smiley https://www.exodus.io/
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:55:33 PM

Regarding to the security of the wallet I much prefer to use blockchain because I have already used it and my money there was never been took. In blockchain I felt my money was secured because this is one of the most trusted online wallet. Furthermore, it is convinient because it has an app for smartphone wherein you could check you wallet anytime and anywhere.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:57:57 PM

I see you are new comer so I will assume you will not buying large amount to store . ( IF you are then cold storage is your best bet ) .

Now for really best option for daily use for light user is the desktop wallet , you control your keys  , you do not have to download the whole blockchain , and it is very easy to use .

The desktop wallet I use Electrum I really do not know why no one mentioned it but it is probably the best desktop wallet out there .

- I would stay away from hardware / cold storage wallet unless you are plan to store really good amount .

- just go with the easiest option until you get familiar with BTC , and that would be Electrum desktop wallet or blockchain web wallet for small amounts .

P.s: If you decided to go with desktop wallet make sure you are downloading the wallet from there official site ! . There might be phishing sites out there .
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:59:35 PM

There are many secured and trusted as of now but you need to choose those bitcoin wallet that you own the private key. You can also use a trezor  hardware wallet. Even online wallets are safes but not all. So you need to choose wisely before doing a decision.

franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:01:50 PM

Hello! Welcome to the Bitcoin world newcomer. I am no expert on Bitcoin I am also new here but my suggestion is that always read on the blogs about Bitcoin wallets. Different countries has their own Bitcoin wallet holders and things that you must take note is if it already existed for years already and that its users are happy with its service. In the Philippines, a lot of us are using coins.ph but there are other wallets available. Remember that the wallet you will be choosing will be your trustworthy holder of your investment
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:45:23 PM

i suggest to explore all about bitcoin first and learn all about it, for your sake. mostly all newcomer are totally got greedy when they heard about it, but take it slow dude, just take some search research before you go thru for the guidance. and for the wallet you looking for, you can learn a lot in this thread for more info.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:28:09 PM

For bitcoin wallet the most legit wallet that I know is the coins.ph.Coins.ph is a bitcoin wallet in where you can keep ypur bitcoin and it has the ablility to grow through making transactions.
dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:30:45 PM

You can try using Electrum wallet or Blockchain, but i am prefering Electrum as it allow you to export your private keys so you haven't the risk to lose your bitcoins . Just stay away from the exchanges wallets.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:31:53 PM

I suggest you to use Electrum, safe and secured unlike any web wallets here in the cryptocurrency world. Web wallets is so easy to penetrate by the professional hackers, for example if you are going to use blockchain, all the wallets there are just sharing one whole network or database, if someone successfully hacked it, then all of the wallets their would be hacked also, causing your bitcoin vanish in an instant.
Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:34:27 PM

i suggest to explore all about bitcoin first and learn all about it, for your sake. mostly all newcomer are totally got greedy when they heard about it, but take it slow dude, just take some search research before you go thru for the guidance. and for the wallet you looking for, you can learn a lot in this thread for more info.
So far in my country we are using coins.ph and it's working well. We also use ether wallet but I find coins.ph more secure because they will transact only if you have vallet IDs specially from the government in order to have an assurance that it is sade to use and to keep away from thieves. It also converts cash right away and you can also pay your bills or even your remittance in no time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:38:13 PM

many bitcoin wallet right now there are have advantages and disadvanatage every wallet, but if you newbie imy advice is use blockchain(web based) you can save your bitcoin on that site, for scam? im using from 2014 and until now my bitcoin is safe hahaha. advantage of blockchain is you can use or make many address to receive your bitcoin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: