Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - The gamechanger?  (Read 1839 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:47:56 PM

BYTEBALL is a superior DAG project.

If you want DAG get that instead.

forget iota

another iota sock puppet scam pumping thread

I will be compiling and entire list of these shit can sock puppet threads.

I see banano on all of them... although he said he sold most of his iota and bought byteball.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GP1992 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:13:53 PM

Byteball is different to IOTA, not is better, just different. Byteball has fees for example, this is crucial in the IoT development. the inexistence of fee allow the crypto to exploit a huge abanic of possibilities.

If you think that Byteball is a serious project, there isn't reason to reject IOTA, or call it scam.

Actually i bet by both.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:24:46 PM

IOTA - The Scam changer, a better name for your topic to consider.
If you can take the time to write here why you think this, instead of just writing scam it would be a better comment. So please try again!
Ty

Your ignorance will put you in a grave someday.

1) IOTA doesn't have a blockchain. It is not a currency nor it is not a crypto.
2) IOTA is FULLY premined, just two years ago this was enough for people to put red flags.
3) IOTA already has 2,779,530,283,000,000 coins, not distributed almost at all.
4) IOTA had a ICO, this solo is enough to put a red flag on this shit, not even a shitcoin.
5) IOTA is highly centralized, this solo is enough to put a red flag and mark it as a scam.

Good luck, "investors" shills and ignorants.

Some good points there:

Correct! A blockchain is just one chain, but DAG (Tangle) is infinite parallel chains = another dimension added to bitcoin.  Yes, we all agree with you that IOTA should have it's own coinmarketcap.com website showing all the DAG clones beneath it that have started coming out of the woodwork just like all the Bitcoin clones did after blochchain tech was launched.  You are absolutely right that IOTA is in a league of its own.  Anything exchangeable is acting as a currency (yes some function better than others), and IOTA's quantum proof cryptography can be shortened to the term "crypto".  

2) IOTA is FULLY premined, just two years ago this was enough for people to put red flags.

Correct! Yes, it is called an ICO.

IOTA was launched as a typical ICO just like Ethereum, and many ICO's.  ICO launches are very common in crypto.

Correct! All coins were distributed in the ICO, if you missed the ICO then you can purchase 1,000,000 of them for less than a buck US.  So yes, at a current exchange rate of a buck for 1 million IOTA, you are correct that IOTA is EXTREMELY CHEAP right now compared to what most coins cost (these coins are 10 grand a piece: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/ ).  IOTA does need help distributing their coins, which is why you get a million for a buck (so you can distribute them liberally everyehere).

4) IOTA had a ICO, this solo is enough to put a red flag on this shit, not even a shitcoin.

Correct! Just like Ethereum had an ICO

5) IOTA is highly centralized, this solo is enough to put a red flag and mark it as a scam.

Correct! Every coin is highly centralized on one single planet.

ICO = SCAM
Ethereum = SCAM
Putting IOTA near ethereum doesn't make it legit!
Ethereum is a scam, IOTA is another scam!
No, not every single coin is highly centralized! Actually, there are plenty of distributed coins that are decentralized, fair and honest!

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:25:13 PM

I suppose it depends if it the Tangle truly scales like it's supposed to. If it scales, then it wins.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:44:19 PM

IOTA - The Scam changer, a better name for your topic to consider.
If you can take the time to write here why you think this, instead of just writing scam it would be a better comment. So please try again!
Ty

Your ignorance will put you in a grave someday.

Good luck, "investors" shills and ignorants.

Some good points there:

Correct! A blockchain is just one chain, but DAG (Tangle) is infinite parallel chains = another dimension added to bitcoin.  Yes, we all agree with you that IOTA should have it's own coinmarketcap.com website showing all the DAG clones beneath it that have started coming out of the woodwork just like all the Bitcoin clones did after blochchain tech was launched.  You are absolutely right that IOTA is in a league of its own.  Anything exchangeable is acting as a currency (yes some function better than others), and IOTA's quantum proof cryptography can be shortened to the term "crypto".  

Correct! Yes, it is called an ICO.

IOTA was launched as a typical ICO just like Ethereum, and many ICO's.  ICO launches are very common in crypto.

Correct! All coins were distributed in the ICO, if you missed the ICO then you can purchase 1,000,000 of them for less than a buck US.  So yes, at a current exchange rate of a buck for 1 million IOTA, you are correct that IOTA is EXTREMELY CHEAP right now compared to what most coins cost (these coins are 10 grand a piece: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/ ).  IOTA does need help distributing their coins, which is why you get a million for a buck (so you can distribute them liberally everyehere).

Correct! Just like Ethereum had an ICO

Correct! Every coin is highly centralized on one single planet.

ICO = SCAM
Ethereum = SCAM
Putting IOTA near ethereum doesn't make it legit!
Ethereum is a scam, IOTA is another scam!
No, not every single coin is highly centralized! Actually, there are plenty of distributed coins that are decentralized, fair and honest!

By calling Ethereum a "scam," you have broadened the definition of the word such that it becomes meaningless. Why not simply say it's not (in your view) decentralized? Or that distribution is questionable? It seems the word scam is used very loosely in these forums.
olliejjc16

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:09:38 PM

Radix is the gamechanger, IOTA is a good project and better than a lot of whats out there but Radix is the next generation of cryptocurrency.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
izumaki

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:45:15 PM

what about proof of stake coins like pivx and okcash, they are very good blockchain technology, iota is a nice project but the supply is massive, what do they aim to achieve? seems to me they aim to make it a legal tender rather than an empowerment for the poor, like what bitcoin had done for most African countries, empower the poor, and return the power to the people, we don't want another fiat in crypto world, if bitcoin can be 16 million and 21 million max, what is IOTA? before the price of IOTA be greater than bitcoin, it would have taken over 1 trillion or more to increase the market capitalization.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:20:36 PM

forget iota

I see banano on all of them... although he said he sold most of his iota and bought byteball.

I "mostly" agree with this sentiment.  IOTA at face value when it came out just looked like another stab at a DAG based currency, but it also appeared to be in it's infancy with it's valuation derived from an ICO.  As a general rule, I'm exceptionally wary of ICO based coins/tokens, for various reasons not worth going into here.

Byteball is technologically and use case very similar to IOTA, but it's also far ahead in development, market penetration, and now edging towards real world use case adoption.

At the end of the day, when the crypto hype train slows down it will be those with a reliable and useful technology people want, and/or coins that have real world transnational utility.  I see GBYTE strongly already having the first, and getting better each day.  GBYTE also is now on the fast track to encourage vendor adoption so it's utility as an actual currency will become more and more possible.  Those together give me high hopes for the byteballers.

NOW WITH THAT SAID, recently I did some looking into IOTA, and I do like it.  I see some really potential here too, but it seems much more nascent and the current value/market cap I don't see as representative of their true current stage of development (overvalued).  I've bought in a small amount both on PnD spec, and failing that a long term hold with optimism they can deliver something truly good.

If I had to choose though I'd be byteball all day over IOTA, since it's note zero sum, i'm hedging a little on IOTA and hoping they can really shine.
GP1992 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:22:24 PM

I suppose it depends if it the Tangle truly scales like it's supposed to. If it scales, then it wins.

I think the same, the success of IOTA depends on its massive use.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:35:36 PM

forget iota

Correct!  If IOTA doubles to $5 billion, then Byteball will go up 5x

I love scams like ETH, BTC, XRP, and anything that goes up.  DAG tech is the next big thing and Byteball has more potential gain because it is a small cap.

Both projects are winning it's just that Byteball has more room to grow marketcapwise.  

I'm here to grow my babana and I only wish that I had invested in the smartchain scams like ETH, BTC, and XRP scams but I unfortunately did not.  

But I'm not going to sit on my hands while everyone else gets rich on the next big thing:

DAG tech. Learn it, know it, teach it, live it.  I am all about the future.  Blockchain tech is not old tech, but it is older than DAG tech.

If you missed the BTC train, then you should have invested in the clones in hindsight.  Now I invest in DAG clones.

Fair enough. Seems like an honest answer and one that make sense financially.

mrx365

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

Radix is the gamechanger, IOTA is a good project and better than a lot of whats out there but Radix is the next generation of cryptocurrency.

If it ever ends up being released...seems like its always being pushed back. Been following it for a while but been pretty quiet last few months
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: