Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS old casascius bitcoins from 2013 (used)  (Read 821 times)
lahje (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:16:36 AM

Hey, anyone interested in buying real physical casascius bitcoins from 2013? they are claimed, but cool relics from the past. If there's any interest at all i'll upload more info with pictures. throw me some suggestions how much could they be worth if i were to sell them here or somewhere else. i have no idea if they are worth 1 sent or 500 euros, what do you think even if your not buying what could be a proper price for them? i have 4, want to sell 2.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

Hey, anyone interested in buying real physical casascius bitcoins from 2013? they are claimed, but cool relics from the past. If there's any interest at all i'll upload more info with pictures. throw me some suggestions how much could they be worth if i were to sell them here or somewhere else. i have no idea if they are worth 1 sent or 500 euros, what do you think even if your not buying what could be a proper price for them? i have 4, want to sell 2.
I think it depend on how much bitcoin they were loaded.I would advise you to put some photos here and post the coins specifications along with all informations you have in mind when you purchased it.
(Without these information it will be hard to estimate the price)

There may be people interested in buying this for decoration purposes incase you are offering a good price.Also,I have a question.Do you ship worldwide?You accept using an escrow?I'm asking you this because sooner or later interested people would like to know.

Good luck mate  Smiley

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
lahje (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:08:11 AM

oh yeah i forgot to mention some vital info. YEAH they are 1 btc brass coins hologram is peeled but intact. they're kept in plastic. i'll ship worldwide if i get good enough offer! generally i'm more curious how much could they be worth, but i'm willing to sell 2

i do not have my camera with me at the moments, and also the coins are packed somewhere because i'm in the middle of moving to diff appartment, but yeah they're like this:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTY3WDU2Nw==/z/A7kAAOxyBXNSXTq8/$(KGrHqFHJ!8FI9cfR2vuBS(Tq8(vNQ~~60_35.JPG

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
lahje (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:37:27 PM

allright i got first offer 250 dollars in btc. thats pretty good imo. i was selling them on other site a few years ago for 0.35 btc / ea, but got no replys. i'll sell them @ 250 dollars if no other offers come up.

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:11:01 PM

allright i got first offer 250 dollars in btc. thats pretty good imo. i was selling them on other site a few years ago for 0.35 btc / ea, but got no replys. i'll sell them @ 250 dollars if no other offers come up.

I'd recommend selling them for that price, will you be posting pictures of the coins?

lahje (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:20:06 PM

i will be posting pictures. tho i have to search for the coins a bit, because they are in 1 of the 50+ moving boxes... i'm in the middle of moving, but i'll try to find them and get pics during the weekend. i dont remember the exact numbers but those 1btc brass coins are pretty rare (the last batch casascius ever made!), there are about 1k of them, and about 400 of them are claimed, so claimed casascius brass btc:s are even rarer than unclaimed ones Grin 250 dollars for both means only 0.025 btc / ea. thats a bit disappointing i have to say :/ was hoping at least 0.1 btc / ea or something in that range, but i guess that's a bit ambitious considering btc price has gone up significantly.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:55:16 PM

thats not a bad offer if they're in decent-but-handled condition

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
lahje (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:10:55 PM

Yeap, i'll have to put this on hold for a while, i cant find the coins... they might be in my friends house some 300kms from here.. ill get back to this thread when i find them and get the pics. i'd really like to buy myself a bassguitar, i guess for 250 dollars you could find something used Smiley if you have a bassguitar, ill be happy to trade the coins for that Tongue

lahje (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

okay here are some pics. 2 are still for sale! if you have some unknown rare alt-coins im interested in ONION for example rather than BTC. suggest a trade?

lahje (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:14:59 AM

for trading lets use some1 well known escrow from forum. i dont know any so suggest someone

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 07:52:06 PM

Judging from the pictures, IMO they aren't.
$250 worth of BTC (currently 0.054BTC) is a pretty steep asking price given the beaten-up quality of the coins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
lahje (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:17:06 AM

$250 worth of BTC (currently 0.054BTC) is a pretty steep asking price given the beaten-up quality of the coins.

they are in good condition, no visible damage... in ebay they sell these coins for over 7000 e that are still unclaimed.

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:39:29 AM

they are in good condition, no visible damage... in ebay they sell these coins for over 7000 e that are still unclaimed.

Coins on eBay are overpriced and don't always end up getting sold. The risk of selling funded Cas coins on eBay coupled with the high fees (10% eBay fees not including PayPal fees) is astronomical.
Regardless, youbcant really compare the price of a loaded coin to an unloaded one. There is some demand for redeemed Cas coins but as already mentioned, $250 is the best offer you'd get for a coin. I'd take that if I were you. I don't think anyone on the forum would make a higher one than that.
lahje (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:13:10 AM

on ebay there have been some claimed casascius coins for sale, and they go for 300-500 euros / ea even with the hologram completely removed. mine have the hologram still intact... 250 dollars in btc for both is just 25% of that...but yeah, still, 250 dollars is a serious offer. my coins are in good condition, kept in plastic, and i haven't touched them since 2014 beside taking the picture 1 month ago.

good to see there is some interest for these coins and this thread.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 03:00:33 PM

The coins, especially the two on the left in the picture, are visibly aged, and thus not in a good condition anymore.
As explained above, premiums on funded coins cannot be compared with the prices of their redeemed counterparts.
If you wanted to preserve the value, you should not have peeled the coins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:50:39 PM

Take the $250 and run.  Wink
lahje (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:29:34 AM

These coins are sold,
thanks for interest!

greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:57:10 PM

I'm sure everyone is curious. Did you get $250 per coin?
Thanks..

These coins are sold,
thanks for interest!
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:41:53 PM

Perhaps if they were 25 bitcoins there would be much more interest since the 25 is quite expensive loaded to complete a collection.  Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: