Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78545 times)
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:29:21 AM

I really dislike the mid-generation cryptocurrency community. The crypto-anarchist made a huge mistake trying to market to Libertarians. You invited greed, stupidity, and mental illness into the community. No one is against a premine anymore, so STFU about it. Zcash has a 10% premine and it isn't even used to promote the coin. Go FUD somewhere else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

Why is the OP silent on the amount of premine for this coin?

NEVERMIND it is in a JPG file that doesnt load quickly and cannot be Googled easily. 4.54% premine

Over 12 million coins premined for the creators of this coin, at current rate that is 27.5BTC to around $233,000! WTF. Seriously? For a copy/paste of open source code and building a website?

No wonder VOT has such a low hashrate even being older than BTCZ by a month or two. Its not even on whattomine yet as a coin.

Is BTCZ the only real Bitcoin alternative with a real dedicated development team in the entire Equihash market?

It's clear that you know NOTHING about Votecoin project. You even didn't read first few pages of the thread. At the beggining of VOT there was ICO. Everybody could participate in the ICO. And all 12.5 mil VOTs were distributed between ICO participants.

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

NEVERMIND it is in a JPG file that doesnt load quickly and cannot be Googled easily. 4.54% premine
I am not sure what do you mean by "silent". See the website (votecoin.site), the percentage 4.54% is mentioned in MAIN FEATURES section, point number five. It has always been there and it will be, we have nothing to hide, especially since the entire premine was made in the genesis block and is publicly visible to everybody (it was 10 million, not 12). Furthermore, the entire premine was split among ICO participants, so we have funds for further development, which is still ongoing. We didn't raise as much as we wanted so the development is kinda slower than we expected, that is true, but there is no reason to rush anyway.

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
jolinahermosa25

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:14:20 AM

Looking further for this coin as it has some potential and solid bases,lets vote this vote[Suspicious link removed]d luck
maxlumnar

Activity: 51
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:27:37 AM

Over 12 million coins premined for the creators of this coin, at current rate that is 27.5BTC to around $233,000! WTF. Seriously? For a copy/paste of open source code and building a website?

I am glad i am not the only one to explain how stupid is what mykive said, no offence dude but if you are not capable of seeing the potential in a project just move on and don't participate. Let others do it who believe in its potential Smiley

Man i'd wish the dev would allow me, or post himself the new ideas we discusssed about this project he is trying to implement now. I honestly can't wait for that, its absolutely awesome, but its also a serious technical challenge and i hope it will happen. He estimaded a few month for the changes to happen, so don't expect a public update "tomorow".

As soon as the tech challenge will be solved, this entire project will absolutely explode.

I never promoted someone elses project with such passion, and i am not the type to post such things "to influence the market" , i dont give a sht about that, i am honestly telling you that IF, AND ONLY IF, the discussed featured will be implemented i am ready to support it and introduce it a huge number of potential users, including my own. We are talking of a few thousand online games that could use some of the features. The other features they are working on now are still fully valid and useful, so either way there is potential in this project i believe in.

This is my opinion, everyone is entitled to his own opinion about the project obviously.

maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

explanaition from the dev:

we actually did not keep the initial VOT, we sold them in ICO, and we're buying some of the VOTs back

So i think the suspicions are solved now. I believe the dev is really honest guy, i never met him in person, but he is always available to talk and explain, ...but wasting his time on talking about the features instead of letting him WORK ON THE PROJECT is a bad ideea ...please let them WORK.

I will be posting updates when available (and when i have time myself too obviously)

maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:52:00 AM

News guys, new website in work Smiley

me and my team got approval from the dev to start work on a new website that will present better the features and especially the NEW features of VoteCoin. We will be taking some of the load of the develpers shoulders so they can focus on the new wallet code and features of this coin.

Work will start in two days or so, but a public version will have to wait to sync with the development so it will present the information accurately. Launch date will be announced later, there is a lot to work on and i can't estimate a time yet.

I think that it is important to present things well, not just do them well, because some treasures such as this coin risk to remain unknown if not properly presented, so i will personally offer to advertise and use this coin in my network, and also develop an awesome new site for this.

Disclaimer: i can't consider myself part of the dev team of VoteCoin, i am just a fan that will contribute to the development of this project as much as i posibly can under the supervision and approval of VoteCoin Devs.

Cheers Wink
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:38:32 PM

Hoooray!!

Show must go on!

It is perfect that VoteCoin already has fans!

Good luck!

https://NibiruPool.com
raxiq

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

So many haters here ... I will tell you something Wink I do not even think about selling a single VOT of mine before $50 ^^
It will take year/two ... whatever, project is worth to wait for that price Wink
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:48:05 PM

The price has rised much today.
$0,040393 USD (170,26%)
0,00000480 BTC (165,93%)
Not even 1k sats, but the growth is great.
1$ is near. ^_~
prologas

Activity: 219
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:00:03 PM

VoteCoin Pool

http://syspool.org

stratum+tcp://vot.syspool.org:3032

Fee 0.5% / Payments After Blockchain Confirmation
min payout: 1
user: walletaddr.workername
pass: x

205 Blocks found!

20 000 Sol/s +

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 06:00:18 PM

prologas, please stop spamming this thread with your pool. One post should be really enough.

id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:13:53 PM

I am not sure what do you mean by "silent". See the website (votecoin.site), the percentage 4.54% is mentioned in MAIN FEATURES section, point number five. It has always been there and it will be, we have nothing to hide, especially since the entire premine was made in the genesis block and is publicly visible to everybody (it was 10 million, not 12). Furthermore, the entire premine was split among ICO participants, so we have funds for further development, which is still ongoing. We didn't raise as much as we wanted so the development is kinda slower than we expected, that is true, but there is no reason to rush anyway.

that's a pity you didn't raise much, I would have loved to participate if i knew about it back then Wink I like the idea very much and am really looking forward to see the new site and the new developments. good luck!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:13:48 PM

votecoin.site, could you please keep  your main site up-to-date?
At least I suggest to post a link to a wallet Wink

https://NibiruPool.com
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:07:26 AM

A totally new site is in work right now!

There are many issues with the current site that might inspire lack of confidence, but these issues will be solved as i announced earlier.

My team is working on the new site independently of the votecoin project devs but under their supervision regarding the content, and once up we will keep it updated too.

If you have suggestions as to what is missing on the site and you wish to see it there, or better presented, feel free to email me directly at max at lumnar . com (subject line: votecoin site suggestions), and i will take into considerations all suggestions.

Please remember that this project started with limited funds so community support and suggestions is more than welcome.
Things are difficult to keep updated when focus of devs is on the wallet and product itself, so i excuse on behalf of them for this temporary inconvenience.
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:21:57 AM

The voting functionality is the main purpose of this coin, so a new wallet makes sense to be presented as well as it deserves only with this functionality released. Ofc the site needs updates, but i explained this in the previous post.
Some are still using the earlier CLI version of the wallet right now so consider this as an advantage for those that see the true potential of this project and are interested to read this forum, and for the rest that just stumble upon the site, this is a marketing mistake that will be fixed when marketing will make sense Smiley

This is not yet an out of the box product, it is an ongoing project, you need to be patient. I think the low market price of the coin reflects this very well right now.
thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:57:46 AM

News guys, new website in work Smiley

me and my team got approval from the dev to start work on a new website that will present better the features and especially the NEW features of VoteCoin. We will be taking some of the load of the develpers shoulders so they can focus on the new wallet code and features of this coin.

Work will start in two days or so, but a public version will have to wait to sync with the development so it will present the information accurately. Launch date will be announced later, there is a lot to work on and i can't estimate a time yet.

I think that it is important to present things well, not just do them well, because some treasures such as this coin risk to remain unknown if not properly presented, so i will personally offer to advertise and use this coin in my network, and also develop an awesome new site for this.

Disclaimer: i can't consider myself part of the dev team of VoteCoin, i am just a fan that will contribute to the development of this project as much as i posibly can under the supervision and approval of VoteCoin Devs.

Cheers Wink

I just want to say this is really fucking cool.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:37:05 AM

much appreciated Smiley  great things have been achieved by people that believed in what they did not by those doing stuff trying to get rich quick or influence markets.

From my perspective i see this as a great opportunity to contribute in something that i personally believe it could be significant to the future ways we see the concept of voting+funding (i think a new word is needed here lol). I absolutely don't care of the market price of this coin, even though i want to see it valued properly one day. I have 18 years of experience as a developer and zero as a market trader, i am not some noob trying to catch a 'job',... i have plenty of things of my own do deal with daily, and people to manage, yet i WANT to help this project out personally because i see its something that could matter, in a way that i will feel honored later to know i helped even a bit. I have an impressive work portfolio, i don't lack acknowledgement.

If there is anyone out there that can actually help in any way with this, follow my example and lets help these guys make a great productm and compensate the points where they are not that strong. Devs where a bit reluctant to accept help in the first place, but lets be serious, who doesn;t need an extra mind at work towards same purpose.

I am not telling you "buy coins they are great", i dont have enough to get a profit at all, i have all my liquidities stuck in other exchanges, but i wont sell the votecoins i have anyway lol, what i am saying is that if you are a professional in some field that might help, and you have some spare time and don't expect to be paid for it (even though you might actually be rewarded for your efforts), dedicate a fraction of your "resources" to help this project grow as fast as its needed to survive the crypto explosion nowdays, where big companies start to "Centralize" the concept of descentralization.

If the devs personally refuse direct help, the truth still stands that an underfunded and unstaffed project has a hard time to surface.
i am willing to centralize your help offers, to analyze them and to decide if any of your available capabilities can be put to fair and useful use, then present them for final decision to the devs.

For example i am looking for passionate people that can help me spellcheck content on the new site (i am not a native english speaker), test it out and give feedback before its even presented in any way, so in the end it will come out great. I wont pay you, this is not a job offer, but you might receive VOT from the devs if your effort matters, and from me as well, from my personal stash that is (unless things evolve and vote.coin will agree to let me handle this aspect of their development, ..something i never asked, but will be willing to do if they ever consider this helps the project.

Maybe they are fully capable of doing this alone and i am wasting my time, but i dont think so. I think they are slow due to lack of funds to fully invest in a larger workforce and being slow in this kind of market is suicidal.

I will discuss this with them today and if i am totally wrong about their current capabilities and plans i will remove this post. But at this moment, my opinion stands, any help matters. Even if you let someone else know about this project matters, or report a bug or more .

Let me get back to you about this idea, and as i said, it might be stupid idea, if so i will remove it, but if not, i will give you more update on it.
vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:06:48 AM

Hey @ Votecoin.site,

Could you please add my pool BlockSmasher.org to your front page pool list?

Also, there are a few pools on that list that are no longer up.
They are:

Easy Mine
VotePool Party
Perfect Pool

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:42:36 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 11:26:34 AM by votecoin.site

Hey vklchck,
thanks for the note about the non working pools, I've added "currently not working" status next to them in the original post. If they will not work next time I will check, I'll delete them for good.

I've added your pool to the original post and listed it on the votecoin website as well

Thanks

Hey @ Votecoin.site,

Could you please add my pool BlockSmasher.org to your front page pool list?

Also, there are a few pools on that list that are no longer up.
They are:

Easy Mine
VotePool Party
Perfect Pool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: