Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 07:28:55 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet?  (Read 912 times)
jtipt

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:15:26 AM

Many people here are suggesting blockchain.info wallet, yes it's a good wallet and unlike other online wallets it gives you access to your private keys but it's still online and the private keys are stored on their server so it's still not as secure as a desktop wallet. I would suggest using any of the desktop wallet, electrum,  multibit or bitcoin core anyone works just as good.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h0lybyte

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:27:52 AM

In my consideration,xapo.com is the world's most used and secure enough wallet with a uniqie alogrithm.
Xapo is a hong kong based multisignature wallet yet no other wallets can provide you sich a level of security.
This also lets you pay by scanning QR code.

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
leonair

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:40:38 AM

if I am in Indonesia, I use my wallet etherwallet (MEW), it's just my suggestion, the rest is up to you want to use which wallet, if I yes it uses the wallet MEW

He posted in a Bitcoin Discussion so expect that he is finding a wallet that is meant for Bitcoin and not for Ethereum or any Altcoin wallets.

So, here i am again. Thank everyone who replied me in the previous topics, but i guess i have one last question: what wallet should i use? There are some good and some bad reviews about all the wallets i looked for, such as BlockChain wallet or bittrex. Which should i use? I am from italy but i'm in Austria now, just in case there are any differences between countries. Thank you again!

It is much better to go for a local wallet just like Electrum and Bitcoin Core so that you hold your own private key and you can secure it within yourself, but blockchain.info wallet is good though and bittrex is not a wallet provider, it is an exchange.
the-doctor

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:43:55 AM

+1 for Electrum wallet, it has updates frequently adding new coins and till now it has worked perfectly

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SUDARMONO

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:00:18 AM

Maybe there are some wallets that have advantages and also shortcomings I prefer to use myetherwallet, I am from Indonesia, everyone has the pleasure of different wallet purse, if I think use myetherwallet wallet like me

calandra78

Activity: 168

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:04:41 AM

I prefer to use blockchain, because so far I use blockchain does not have any constraints at all, and certainly is how to withdraw its funds can be done and we do not really need a long time in the process of withdrawal of funds  Grin
Yes I agree, I also have long used the blockchain with this wallet does not have restrictions to save and easy to use. We can deal with as quickly as possible without wearing procedures that beat around-tele. withdrawal and send we can do anywhere and anytime. I strongly believe in this wallet because its security is guaranteed and always featuring the latest custom features.

SpectivVR                                                           Crowdsale: 12/08 - 12/29
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                   [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk   |   Slack   |   Twitter   |   LinkedIn   |   Medium   |   Facebook   |   Instagram
mondobitcoin

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:41:21 AM

An offline wallet is the best, because is safer than online or exchanger wallet
I recommend electrum for offline wallet
If you want to use an online wallet i recommend blockchain, i think is the safer and the most popular
Or you can use localbitcoin wallet, which allow you to buy/sell your bitcoin direct from his wallet
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:22:37 AM

I only use Jaxx and Abra as my android wallets and so far they are good. I've used Jaxx once and there were fees so I looked for another wallet and a friend recommended Abra. I tried doing transactions on Abra recently, forwarding my Bitcoin to Bittrex as I need to buy Neo. I was able to get it in full amount, yes without the fees. There were recent news that it'll charge some fees now though but hopefully it won't be as high as other wallets. I'll check about the Electrum wallet and see if it's really good. Thank you.

BaraxLo

Activity: 469

The Fastest Blockchain- ICO 1/12/17 - 7/1/18

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:49:53 PM

Maybe there are some wallets that have advantages and also shortcomings I prefer to use myetherwallet, I am from Indonesia, everyone has the pleasure of different wallet purse, if I think use myetherwallet wallet like me
Coinbase, Blockchain.info, Electrum and Airbitz are good wallets however Mycelium, Copay, Breadwallet are always ranked in top 4 wallets. Personally, I go with Copay as it is known for giving accessing access to the wallet across multiple devices. Haven't heard about myetherwallet much...

██               ██     ███          ██     ███████████████              ██                  ▄▄█████▄▄         ███████████████
██               ██     ████         ██     ██                          ████              ▄██▀▀     ▀▀██▄      ██
██               ██     ██ ██        ██     ██                         ██  ██            ██▀           ▀██     ██
██               ██     ██  ██       ██     ██                        ██    ██          ██                     ██
██               ██     ██   ██      ██     ██                       ██      ██        ██                      ██
██               ██     ██    ██     ██     █████████████           ██        ██       ██                      █████████████
██               ██     ██     ██    ██     ██                     ██          ██      ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██      ██   ██     ██                    ██            ██     ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██       ██  ██     ██                   ████          ████     ██              ██     ██
██               ██     ██        ██ ██     ██                  ██  ██        ██  ██     ██▄           ▄██     ██
██               ██     ██         ████     ██                 ██    ██      ██    ██     ▀██▄▄     ▄▄██▀      ██
█████████████    ██     ██          ███     ███████████████   ████████████████████████       ▀▀█████▀▀         ███████████████
||
Anyobsss

Activity: 196

Signature Design service --> https://goo.gl/HPC8St

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:22:23 AM

So, here i am again. Thank everyone who replied me in the previous topics, but i guess i have one last question: what wallet should i use? There are some good and some bad reviews about all the wallets i looked for, such as BlockChain wallet or bittrex. Which should i use? I am from italy but i'm in Austria now, just in case there are any differences between countries. Thank you again!
Choose a wallet that operates in your country so you will not have hard time cashing out money. As for me, The wallet I'm using is Coins.ph since it is the only wallet that operates in my country, Philippines. Never use a btc address from an exchange site like bittrex and poloniex, Exchange sites don't have private keys and there's a possibility that your stock btc will disappear. Blockchain is a good wallet however, if you will going to ask me, use a wallet that operates in your country.

New2coin

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:04:43 AM

I can really only speak on an external wallet, Ledger S Nano in particular. I've only had it for a few weeks, it's very user friendly, the layout is easy to navigate, seems very secure, will accept bitcoin and alt coins. One major downfall I see with Ledger is when Segwit came out Ledger wants you to create another wallet. A Segwit one and a Legacy one, unless you want to send your Legacy to Segwit. Not sure if this is with every wallet or just Ledger.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 658

For Lady and Mister! Enjoy Bazista!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:16:04 AM

If you want to have an eth wallet and a BTC wallet, I would go with block chain since it is super convient and you can have an ETH wallet and a BTC wallet in one. Haven't used bittrex so I can't vouch for that.

Mycelium or electrum are also good wallets and safer than those 2. They both have desktop and mobile functions, and I use the mobile mycelium myself. If your going for super secure, would recommend ledger wallet.

▄██████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████████
████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀████████████████████
Bazista®
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██

██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
██ █  ██ ██
██   ██  ██
██  ██   ██
██ ██  █ ██
|||
Ararbermas

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:31:00 AM

There are more types of wallet (Etherium wallet,BlockChain,Bittrex,Mycelium,Electrum,Coin.ph etc) all of wallets have a bad review and disadvantage.i think because when you send and amount  there's a Fee? So you talk about blockchain and bittrex will you have no choice so i think you should choose one o that wallet which is available for withdrawal in your country.Best Regards

d1ceplayer

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:40:24 AM

Actually, yes, i may need an Android wallet that allows me an easy access from my phone
no doubt security is the first thing that is needed by almost everyone so bitcoin is increasing the price everyday so it must be safe and secured so that the bitcoin currency will reach the peak of the highest price this year. Online wallets are being use for bitcoin because through online wallet you will let know about all changes in your bitcoin savings in addition to it the blockchain is also the safest way to keep your bitcoin secured.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
nrvasquez

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:46:22 AM

if I am in Indonesia, I use my wallet etherwallet (MEW), it's just my suggestion, the rest is up to you want to use which wallet, if I yes it uses the wallet MEW

I also prefer MEW in this case. I think mew has a very unique security system, so it is very difficult to find the bugs. but I also like blockchain, so I recommend both, either MEW or blockcgain.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

0WHITEPAPER0
0CROWDSALE0
shamzblueworld

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 05:51:58 AM

I'd recommend Electrum, I've used Multibit before which was good once but no more. Electrum has very good reviews, I got many recommendations before I started using it and I must say, its very good. Simple and easy to use, and quick as well.

███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████
███████████████
████████
████████████████████
█████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████

Grim149x

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:01:30 AM

I can recommend you to use freebitco wallet as it gives you compounding interest. They also store a lot on their cold wallets for safety. They've been around since 2014 I think. Smiley

Chienna

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

I suggest that you should use COINS.PH. All of my classmates including me are using that app in play store. You should download help. It helps you a lot because there's a lot things you can do in this app. You can cash out, also you can cash in. There's also an converter bitcoin to what type of money you came from. You only need to fill-up that things needed and to verify it. When you want to cash out there's a thing that called card less withdraw, you can withdraw even you don't have a card.

[ Globitex ] Linking Digital Currency to Global Trade
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⇩⇩⇩ Download WHITEPAPER ⇩⇩⇩ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  FacebookTwitterLinkedInReddit  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Lalafell

Activity: 238

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:22:35 PM

im using many wallet when im join this "world" hahaha, i use blockchain, xapo, coinbase, and many other but i love blockchain because its easy to use and you can make or import any address free, i think web based wallet is the best way right now, you can access anytime if you connect in internet
Well, there are lot of wallet and you can also use it as your wallet. In addition to that, you can use online wallet to keep your bitcoin safe and its very easy to use and some wallet has private key that you need to use if you want to open your wallet. Lastly, you can also use offline if you want but it will depends to you what will you use.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

Grim149x

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

I suggest that you should use COINS.PH. All of my classmates including me are using that app in play store. You should download help. It helps you a lot because there's a lot things you can do in this app. You can cash out, also you can cash in. There's also an converter bitcoin to what type of money you came from. You only need to fill-up that things needed and to verify it. When you want to cash out there's a thing that called card less withdraw, you can withdraw even you don't have a card.
I think it's only best for people in the Philippines. I just don't get it that there are people from other countries that use Coins.Ph. I might be wrong but this is the only thing I know at the moment. If you can enlighten me then that would be good. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.