Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:10:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU warranty trick - Question  (Read 1389 times)
Brucelats (OP)

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:19:31 AM

haha, who else would try to pull this shit other than some guy from my goddamn country... Grin

anyways, I assume you bought your card(or intend to) via njuškalo(croatia's craigslist)
that's the thing when buying stuff from craigslist, you have to realize you're getting(at best) a new/not used much or used product which comes cheaper than buying from an authorized seller/retailer for the price of not getting a warranty and possibly a product without included accessories you would get otherwise.

In other words, buying stuff from craigslist/ebay/etc. is a gamble and the question is can you afford that?
if you can't, then save up some more and buy cards from a retailer like most people do.
or accept a gamble but don't ever try to pull that thing...

people are not that stupid.

actually card's serial number provides some info such as manufacturer, date of production, type of gddr memory(i think)...

from zotac:
Warranty claims will be void if the user:
·         Tampers, defaces, or removes any stickers containing product identification information such as model number, serial number, or part number.

Rofl Cheesy

They are brand new, unopened. Probably he have some ways to order them cheaper or smth, no idea. They are not fake or used 100% just no invoice and he probably dont want to print one to not connect himself or whatever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:35:03 AM

By using the mail system you are committing a felony right there which is good for 5 years and nice hefty fine, not to mention also possible fraud charges that Zotac or the seller might pursue.

Contact the seller and ask for a new invoice. If they don't respond, contact Zotac and show them the paypal or credit card statement. Zotac should be able to estimate the manufacture time and should work with you.

Swapping serial labels makes you an asshat and you're asking for negative trust just for considering that kind of unethical behavior.

+1 couldnt have said it better
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

Just want to add that there are other GPU manufacturers that accept warranty claim without an invoice.  Pretty sure gigabyte doesnt require an invoice, they check the card and determine the date of manufacture, and your warranty starts from there.  If you bought the card in 2016, but it was made in 2015, then you just lost one year warranty - unless - you have the invoice stating date of purchase.
Brucelats (OP)

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:52:22 AM

Just want to add that there are other GPU manufacturers that accept warranty claim without an invoice.  Pretty sure gigabyte doesnt require an invoice, they check the card and determine the date of manufacture, and your warranty starts from there.  If you bought the card in 2016, but it was made in 2015, then you just lost one year warranty - unless - you have the invoice stating date of purchase.

Interesting. I will investigate it. Maybe the seller can get me other cards. So far he had Zotac and Asus. I wont be changing any labels and shit. I'll just look for card that i can get warranty without invoice. I would be paying with cash.

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

Yup thats a better solution.  Look for the manufacturers website, and warranty section.  some have very strict warranty conditions, others quite the opposite.  Others give you 1 year warranty, but if you register in x amount of time and upload the invoice, you get 3 years, etc.
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:04:27 PM

Just want to add that there are other GPU manufacturers that accept warranty claim without an invoice.  Pretty sure gigabyte doesnt require an invoice, they check the card and determine the date of manufacture, and your warranty starts from there.  If you bought the card in 2016, but it was made in 2015, then you just lost one year warranty - unless - you have the invoice stating date of purchase.

Interesting. I will investigate it. Maybe the seller can get me other cards. So far he had Zotac and Asus. I wont be changing any labels and shit. I'll just look for card that i can get warranty without invoice. I would be paying with cash.

Call back and try to RMA, ask for a supervisor...it's worth a try, costs you nothing. Also, if there is no other easy fix, send the damn thing back without an invoice and see what happens.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: