Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have access to free electricity in an African country with 20 c average temp  (Read 912 times)
pegling (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:48:09 PM

I often see people say electricity cost is the main problem with bit coin mining. However I have access to free electricity in an African country that had an average temperature of around 20 degress Celsius.  With these stats would the mining venture be possible? And what would my profit be? Would small scale or large scale mining be more profitable? Would the profits scale? Thanks for your time.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoDante

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:21:19 PM

I often see people say electricity cost is the main problem with bit coin mining. However I have access to free electricity in an African country that had an average temperature of around 20 degress Celsius.  With these stats would the mining venture be possible? And what would my profit be? Would small scale or large scale mining be more profitable? Would the profits scale? Thanks for your time.

What is that African country? And do you also have good Ethernet provider? You need both stable energy and Ethernet suply
ramyon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:16:41 PM

I do not have access to free electricity. And I just heard that it is indeed there and how to get access to free electricity
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 02:34:58 PM

Launching a large scale mining operation might invalidate the "free" electricity you get. Not sure who/what you are profiting off of for free electricity, but I doubt it will last if you get into Bitcoin mining.
You still need infrastructure to support your miners (power outlets with proper voltage for example). You also need to bring your miners there (import taxes, shipping).
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:53:34 PM

Any internet you will need doesn't need to be fast, but instead just stable. Dial-up or satellite works even with high latency but stability is a must. 20c is great, but keep your miners cool; if you are mining in a factory or large building, make sure you have large fans taking air in and out. Generally large-scale mining is more profitable than small-scale, but you will also need people taking care of the miners and making sure they don't just burn and die.
pegling (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:14:41 PM

Thanks for the advice, will look at more details and see if it's viable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: