Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Letter to Mr Hacker - by Allex Ferreira  (Read 608 times)
@AllexFerr (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:17:12 PM

Dear Hacker,

Firstly I'd like to sincerely congratulate you for such a perfect and traceless job in emptying my Bitcoin wallet after hacking my Gmail account, in spite of all security measures I had put in place to safeguard it.

As you may have expected, the addresses that you sent my bitcoins are being watched and I have asked my crew to warn all Bitcoin exchanges about this hack, including LocalBitcoins.

Additionally, I'm hiring a bitcoin tracker analysis team to watch any future transactions that you might be doing with my bitcoins.

I'd like to offer you a bounty of 20% of the total hacked in case you return my bitcoins. Please, do contact me on allexandre73@hotmail.com for further instructions on how to receive your bounty in an anonymous way, of course.

Thanks for your attention,

Allex Ferreira

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:46:20 PM

Dear Hacker,

Firstly I'd like to sincerely congratulate you for such a perfect and traceless job in emptying my Bitcoin wallet after hacking my Gmail account, in spite of all security measures I had put in place to safeguard it.

As you may have expected, the addresses that you sent my bitcoins are being watched and I have asked my crew to warn all Bitcoin exchanges about this hack, including LocalBitcoins.

Additionally, I'm hiring a bitcoin tracker analysis team to watch any future transactions that you might be doing with my bitcoins.

I'd like to offer you a bounty of 20% of the total hacked in case you return my bitcoins. Please, do contact me on allexandre73@hotmail.com for further instructions on how to receive your bounty in an anonymous way, of course.

Allex Ferreira

OMG :O

I agree with a great deal of what you're saying, but Hard to tell what will happen after the hacker see this message  Embarrassed
@AllexFerr (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:52:27 PM

Dear Hacker,

Allex Ferreira

OMG :O

I agree with a great deal of what you're saying, but Hard to tell what will happen after the hacker see this message  Embarrassed

I just hope he is not a thief , only a skilfull guy
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:58:32 PM

Dear Hacker,

Allex Ferreira
Dear hacker, I am feeling very bad that if I could also do the same thing as you are doing and that is hacking. Because if somebody hake my wallet of bitcoin, I will be able to get my money back in my wallet. I will just tell you one thing to please hake some other thing like some kind of software, accounts data of different firms etc. but please don’t hake my bitcoin account, because I earned it very hardly.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:10:07 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 11:01:14 PM by warningsigns

Dear Hacker,

Allex Ferreira

If this is true, your efforts to put those coins under surveillance and to forewarn exchanges will not help apprehend a clever scammer. Stolen bitcoins are not at all difficult to liquidate. There are well-engineered mixers designed to effectively do that. Then you have those felons who will trade the bitcoins for altcoins anonymously which would perfect the mixing process. If you have a cautious scammer, he might opt to retrade those altcoins for bitcoins again which would further obfuscate the trail of your coins. If mixed, all the exchanges you alerted can't help you.

further instructions on how to receive your bounty in an anonymous way

I'm a bit confused and amused about that part. Why would an anonymous thief return 100% of something in exchange for 20% of what he returned? And given that you have made it clear to the hacker that you intend to pursue him by hook or by crook, I can imagine a sharp thinking conman would be less keen to contact you, let alone return the coins.

My sympathies for your loss but I don't believe the thief will happily accept your offer. If he does, that would be a first.

Care to share how many bitcoins this hacker manage to perfectly and tracelessly pinch from your wallet? Just to quell my curiosity. Threads like this make for entertaining reading, despite the sad ending I can already foresee.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 09:50:39 PM

I find it funny that the OP addresses the hacker in a fond way.    Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
@AllexFerr (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:18:15 PM

Dear Hacker,

Allex Ferreira

If this is true, your efforts to put those coins under surveillance and to forewarn exchanges will not help apprehend a clever scammer. Stolen bitcoins are not at all difficult to liquidate. There are well-engineered mixers designed to effectively do that. Then you have those felons who will trade the bitcoins for altcoins anonymously which would perfect the mixing process. If you have a cautious scammer, he might opt to retrade those altcoins for bitcoins again which would further obfuscate the trail of your coins. If mixed, all the exchanges you alerted can't help you.

I'm a bit confused and amused about that part. Why would an anonymous thief return 100% of something in exchange for 20% of what he returned? And given that you have made it clear to the hacker that you intend to pursue him by hook or by crook, I can imagine a sharp thinking conman would be less keen to contact you, let alone return the coins.

My sympathies for your loss but I don't believe the thief will happily accept your offer. If he does, that would be a first.

Care to share how many bitcoins this hacker manage to perfectly and tracelessly pinch from your wallet? Just to quell my curiosity. Threads like this make for entertaining reading, despite the sad ending I can already foresee.

Dear Hacker,

Allex Ferreira

1 He just move the coins. he did not liquidate them yet!
2 Maybe he is not a thief just someone clever Hacker that wants to proof a point
3 way over 30 coins was stolen from my blockchain.info account
4 To have access to the blockchain.info wallet he had to get hold of my gmail account. Which he sessefully did, and deleted my gmail account. So I have no access to my personal email
5 B4 you ask my gmail account had all the security features on
@AllexFerr (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:26:10 PM

well a guy that hacks my blockchain.info , my gmail it deserves my sympathies

and don't you ever think that was not secure
warningsigns

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

2 Maybe he is not a thief just someone clever Hacker that wants to proof a point
4 To have access to the blockchain.info wallet he had to get hold of my gmail account. Which he sessefully did, and deleted my gmail account. So I have no access to my personal email

Did you have 2FA turned on for both your email and blockchain accounts? How did he manage to penetrate your gmail account if you had "all security features on"? If this story is true, then you probably used a common password for both blockchain and your gmail accounts AND you didn't have 2FA for both accounts too.

Care to share the blockchain link showing the movement of these stolen coins?

How could the thief possibly know your blockchain identifier and the email address linked to it and the passwords for both accounts? This is almost difficult to believe.

You mentioned you have a "crew" tracking the coins. If your hack story is true, then it must be one of them responsible for the theft. I can imagine they would have had direct access to your account credentials.

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:49:20 AM

That's really saddening to lose your money and mail account like that. I hope Mr. hacker has some goodness still left in him and return your Bitcoins as soon as possible.

@AllexFerr (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:00:40 AM

Did you have 2FA turned on for both your email and blockchain accounts? How did he manage to penetrate your gmail account if you had "all security features on"? If this story is true, then you probably used a common password for both blockchain and your gmail accounts AND you didn't have 2FA for both accounts too.

How could the thief possibly know your blockchain identifier and the email address linked to it and the passwords for both accounts? This is almost difficult to believe.

You mentioned you have a "crew" tracking the coins. If your hack story is true, then it must be one of them responsible for the theft. I can imagine they would have had direct access to your account credentials.

I dont know how much you understand about hacking , security and so on. But if u do, we can have a chat via Skype so I can disclose the case for u. contact me on allexandre73@hotmail.com
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:27:02 AM

I too am curious where the vulnerability lay?

30 BTC is quite decent haul.
Isn't the movement of that bitcoin traceable?

What country was this happening in?
warningsigns

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:25:39 AM

I dont know how much you understand about hacking , security and so on. But if u do, we can have a chat via Skype so I can disclose the case for u. contact me on allexandre73@hotmail.com

I am not a fan of Skype and I rarely use email. Hacking is Latin to me. Unlawfully accessing someone's account is illegal and I detest what such intrusions represent: scamming, thievery and fraud. So I'm afraid I can't talk about this topic privately on Skype or email.

I was simply curious about how one could be so negligent in safeguarding $120k worth of coins and of course amused to see you write an open letter to the thief.

I doubt you will recover those bitcoins. Try counseling or yoga to help heal the wounds.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:51:54 AM

Doubt that you will recover the coins but good luck anyways. The next time you store your bitcoin, I have a piece of advice for you. Don't use any online wallets and instead buy a hardware wallet or download a desktop wallet.

What I find is funny, is that you had well over 120,000 in your online wallet, and you didn't bother buying a ledger or trezor. A true shame.
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:00:06 PM

Well, what can he do..  Sad

Yes, I agree with journeyflair. Next time, ALWAYS use a hardware wallet. Never an online one. Those are much much easier to hack and in the end, have your BTCs stolen away from you. I guess now you have learnt a deep lesson that should have been left out. My prayers are with you dear Sir, but I doubt you will ever get your funds back.

Try to move forward from this. I know its hard, but Its the best you can do for yourself now.
@AllexFerr (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:19:19 PM

Well, what can he do..  Sad

Yes, I agree with journeyflair. Next time, ALWAYS use a hardware wallet. Never an online one. Those are much much easier to hack and in the end, have your BTCs stolen away from you. I guess now you have learnt a deep lesson that should have been left out. My prayers are with you dear Sir, but I doubt you will ever get your funds back.

Try to move forward from this. I know its hard, but Its the best you can do for yourself now.

I do have hardware wallet as well. All this methods to store bitcoins has their ups and downs. This was not a lesson, that I need to be taken.
Exchanges with high security go hacked. So What I am trying to say is simple , bitcoin are never 100% safe.

Which the way you choose to store your bitcoins , you can always "loose" them some how some way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: