Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet?  (Read 651 times)
AlienSeeker (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:15:57 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to bounties and I want to know how to use this wallet. Can you help me? I am confused where can I find the tokens if it were to be send to my address and how to convert it to bitcoin. Please explain it to me, if it won't bother you that much. Thank you!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karisiak123

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:39:58 PM

MyEtherWallet points get personal keycode and get wallet et and many more for other uses, that's my answer. Smiley Smiley

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:12:55 PM

You just need to create a wallet and send your wallet address to get your bounties. Now after the coin is sent the company will list there contract address , decimal and symbol. Converting to btc is not easy first the token has to be listed on a exchange after it's listed on the exchange have atleast 0.01 eth on your mew wallet to cover fees and then transfer the token to the exchange .
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to bounties and I want to know how to use this wallet. Can you help me? I am confused where can I find the tokens if it were to be send to my address and how to convert it to bitcoin. Please explain it to me, if it won't bother you that much. Thank you!

Let's explained it on basic and easiest way to  understand.

-You joined bounties that required ETH address
-They distribute tokens
-Then that is just a time you will see your tokens (not on ETH value). If there is no distribution yet obviously you have to wait.

How it can be converted to bitcoin?

-Transfer those tokens on exchanges where it will be listed
-Trade it directly via BTC (there are lots of ways)

Just explore the basic I stated and you will be used to that soon. Smiley
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:20:55 PM

Yes, at present MyEther Wallet gain more popularity.Because many new ICO campaign accepts this wallet.I am still use this wallet.I hope its future is lighting.What do you think?
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:35:29 PM

If you already have an account on Myetherwallet, you can log in with your private key (or another way if you prefer). To log in, you have to click on "Send Ether & Tokens". Then you fill the field with your private key and you're in your wallet. Then, on the right side, you will see things like Account address, Account balance, ... And Token balance. Here you can add some informations to check your tokens. You have to know contract address, decimal and symbol of the sent token. You can fin it in the official communications of the company who created the token.

But here is a little tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phht73IvUDI
And here is how to add token : https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-see-a-new-token-in-myetherwallet
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:35:20 PM

MyEtherWallet, just like other wallets, are used to send and receive ETH or any token it supports. If you want to find the token sent to your wallet, you can view it on the "Token Balances" on the right part of the display. If ever you cannot see the specific type of token, just add that token by clicking the "Add Custom Token" button and supply the needed information.

MyEtherWallet does not support a direct conversion of coins so you need to use a third party service, which is an exchange. Send that token to an excahnge then convert to Bitcoin.

jahead

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:03:36 PM

on youtube, you can find a lot of explanation about mew, how to use it and how to add tokens, as well the google search is a friend!
yonghongtang

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:15:35 AM

Access into your eth wallet, check in "tokens" , you will find all your tokens if it's sent to you.   Send  your tokens to exchanges to convert them to bitcoin.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:59:18 PM

Actually it is much better to just view the "how to" on youtube, I searched it there and learned it from viewing on youtube on how to go about that wallet and it is much easier for you to learn if you follow the steps visually rather than in written form. Good luck to you though.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:08:55 PM

Just bookmark that Wallet size because too many scammers
are roaming in surface net.
and many spam bot .  so take care.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:01:42 PM

you can send ethers from your myetherwallet address.
they send coins to your same myetherwalletaddress.

in myetherwallet you can use more than 100 coins.
speakoo

Activity: 224
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:29:15 AM

You can check your bounty tokens in  token balances, if there isn't any , you can add custom token manually , add address/symbol/decimals , it will be shown.
Send them to exchanges to convert them to bitcoin.

ayuwick

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:19:01 AM

First you can check your default token in tokens balance, you can see it in "Token Balances" on the right side of the screen.
if not, you can add custom token manually.
Simply add the token by clicking the "Add Custom Token" button and provide required information like "Address", "Token Symbol" and "Decimal".

After that you send to any exchanger, and convert in bitcoin form.
supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:27:25 AM

But if someone asks you to give you their private keys or even gets you to sign into your wallet via a phishing link then you will have your ethereum and tokens you have in the wallet compremised.

There is a link in slack channels for these ico projects that tells you to sign into your wallet and it gets cleaned out.
Any email from slack bot has a great potential in it stealing all your funds you hold in this myetherwallet you use to sign up to for theses icos.

Just a warning to you and anybody else who replies to these messages on slack.

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:00:23 AM

Myetherwallet is the wallet which give you access to all its feature. You can add the token by add costum token. Fill in contract address. Decimal and the code of the token you want to add. And viola there you can see your token..
MBW_2

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:12:52 AM

There are many emails that are sent for getting your login details. I got every day some kind of scam emails:

Please be advised that we had some problems with the Ethereum based Token smart contracts.
We decided that the best way to solve the problem is to fork the Smart Contracts.

It was a simple process and everything worked out without issues.
We implemented a seamless procedure to update the smart contract using an automatic process through MyEtherWallet services.

Please visit https:// myetherwalletconfirm.com/#view-wallet-info to unlock your wallet and follow the instructions on their website.

Failure to do so may result in loss of your tokens.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
The ICO Security team
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:23:28 PM

yep many people recommend MyEtherWallet because your the only one who can
hold your private key. which mean if you lost it goodbye coins
but it is much safer .
and beware to the phishing sites of my ether wallet  just check always the green bar
so you can be safe to the hackers.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:56:24 PM

There are many emails that are sent for getting your login details. I got every day some kind of scam emails:

Please be advised that we had some problems with the Ethereum based Token smart contracts.
We decided that the best way to solve the problem is to fork the Smart Contracts.

It was a simple process and everything worked out without issues.
We implemented a seamless procedure to update the smart contract using an automatic process through MyEtherWallet services.

Please visit https:// myetherwalletconfirm.com/#view-wallet-info to unlock your wallet and follow the instructions on their website.

Failure to do so may result in loss of your tokens.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
The ICO Security team

I have much loss last time but as i got another token now I’m worthy with that tokens because it has helped me and it's quite great from ICO Company and users that they pay us great tokens which is quite worthy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: