Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GEO] ** MAJOR UPDATE INCOMING **  (Read 1597 times)
greyworld (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:55:07 AM

Why is someone doing this?? How does it effect the price exactly?

That's a bot, there's a few of them and they're all working their ass off to drive the price down.  When the news hit it won't make a lick of difference but they tend to act like gravity gradually driving price down in the absence of any other upward motion.

It can be really annoying to try to get a buy or a sell in with them sniping your offers by 1 sat... I wish Bittrex would ban them.  Try to avoid buying from a bot or selling to one if you can.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:08:37 AM

Devs say the new wallet is almost ready, that means the Ubiq migration is just about complete, a lot of the announced changes are about to go in effect.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 04:46:49 AM

More development and active dev will help make a pump but not quickly.
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:27:00 AM

thanks for your calls on GEO, mate. didn't work at best for me last time, hopefully i'll make up for it this time Wink

Lately the GEO team has been ironing out a few wrinkles in the system, and it looks like they're almost ready to go live with them.

Updates:

* New / Better website - Vastly improved Mapbox - Withdraws restored

* Beta release of new GEO app for Android / iOS

* Migration to Ubiq blockchain

* Ability to attach other coins to Geo coins

* Businesses can drop Geocoins and their own private coins within specified stores / venues

After three years of development, it looks like GEO is ready for the big time! 

This coin is going to get pumped in such a major way.  It's consolidated over the last week from earlier activity, and looks like a good time to stock up.

---
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:29:34 AM

thanks for your calls on GEO, mate. didn't work at best for me last time, hopefully i'll make up for it this time Wink

Just gotta be patient and HODL!

Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:15:13 PM

I bought  it some time ago but mine price was 51. I have got BIG loss, so I hope it will pump  Smiley
this shit i have the same condition with you, i'll hope this going up

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:02:01 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 01:32:18 PM by greyworld

As some of you may have noticed, in Bittrex there has been a trader with 10,000+ GEO (roughly one third of one percent of all circulating supply) keeping a sell in place at just over the best offer.  The effect of this is to suppress the rise of any sell offers, and to make sure if you do try to sell, it's for ridiculously low profits, maybe 10 sat or less over the best offer.  I think this is an automated process to accumulate, while constantly driving the value down.

Well, I was watching the stock for a chance to buy in dips and sell in peaks when I noticed this large block removed from the Ask list.  Maybe it noticed me glaring at it.  Does this mean the pump is incoming?  Hard to say, I've been expecting it for days now.  But it *can* happen now, which is a promising start.  At the very least, natural and organic growth of the coins value can occur, at least until they decide to put it back in place (hopefully, never).

EDIT: They put it back in place.   Angry  I wish someone with 3.5 BTC to burn would just buy it from them, they'd probably make a nice return on it once GEO resumed it's normal upward trajectory.

In other GEO news, I spoke with the development team earlier today and they confirmed some basic facts I was wondering about, namely what happens to the old GEO when they finish the migration to the UBQ block chain?  Don't worry, all existing GEO will be transferred to the new format with current ownership maintained.  This will be handled by the Bittrex exchange internally.  This new blockchain is not a fork, there is not going to be two GEO's, none of that.

greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:29:50 PM

GEO had a +75% spike today, yay!

Notice that on the historical charts, these pumps are generally very short lived, and come in pairs.  And the second is much larger than the first.  I view these pumps as heavily driven by market manipulators, not so much actual metrics of the coin.  The first pump is to buy out the hold outs, but then the second one is to actually harvest profits.

So if you didn't get out on this first one, don't worry I'm sure another chance will be around soon.  It might be shockingly short though, but I'm sure when it settles down GEO will be way over it's previous floor of 50-30k.   However, the market manipulators will probably stick their accumulation bot right back on the coin to drive the value down over time until they decide to do it again.

TokenSchmoken

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:33:29 PM

I'm seeing nothing....stuck around the €1.40 level..... Undecided
Riuzan

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:03:42 PM

not good now

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: