Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are they successful or scam?  (Read 1084 times)
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:09:07 AM

Some are good and some are not. We have to make a research on it before we invest in it. I personally don't invest in ICOs but i do get the free tokens by taking part in their campaigns. Its the best way to get their tokens without actually investing in it. As you know bitcointalk is a big community and most of the ICOs promote themselves here by running signature campaigns, bounty campaigns etc ... By promoting them we can earn their tokens as well as bitcoins. Even if the ICO scams other people we wont be in a loss because we would have got bitcoins for our work and the tokens would just have been a bonus to us Tongue .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:13:27 AM

All ICOs are scams. All ICOs just have a plan and roadmap, no one can guarantee its success. There's no surveillance either, so after they get money, they pretty much can do anything./
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:29:46 AM

so many ICOs, how a person can know in which ICO to invest?

It is true that many of ICO now appears here in this industry. But not all are scams, though most of them are yes it is. Still, it can't be deny most of the successful community here became successful in investing towards ICO project campaign, and I earn big also in the ico, were I joined to participate  to their signature campaign.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:30:41 AM

I have never invested in a scam ICO, surely that is the one reason I hardly believe that scams do exist, however, I heard and read that scams do exist. I would advice you to read about a certain project before you consider investing in it. Understand the concept and the idea behind the project, read the whiterpaper, and understand the team behind. Most of the ICOs I have invested in are slowly but surely delivering what their white paper assured investors to deliver. They are getting bigger and better each day, I guess that is a sign of the success of the project.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Micerker

Activity: 593
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 07:06:01 AM

I think you need to check the ICOs before invest. At now we have many tools to check it.
Anyway, if the ICOs have no escrow, I suggest you don't invest in, it has higher risk than the ICOs have an escrow.
P.S: Sorry for my bad english.

compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:32:18 AM

You have to do your research. I liked EventChain after researching them myself. Now I even joined the signature bounty campaign. Bounty campaigns are a great way to get involved for free before actually buying an ICO.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

You should first of all look at their social media and see if the account are old or new, if new it raise a suspension. Then check if the developers have previously been a part of a good project or a scam, if they were also a part of a scam then you shouldn't touch this project at all.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:59:26 AM

ICO = scammy distribution model.

Why would anyone participate in a scammy distribution model? I just don't get it.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Emworks

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:49:53 AM

Im supporter and follower only on the REAL few percent of ICO project.however, i always keep in mind that an ICO project are unregulated and unsecure, there is no supporting agency that will evaluate them thats why there always a great chance that most of ico project that are sprouting are only there just to make money and runaway after they get what they want..we should do are due deligence before making a decision.
AdisBegic

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:50:32 AM

As someone else mentioned DYOR (Do your own research)

Check for the degree of transparency, legit team, LinkedIn, whitepaper etc.
Check for community, activity level on channels, media presence etc.
Check for use case impact, innovative use case? competition? Market size etc.
Check for funding structure, amount of tokens, supply cap, how much money that they want to raise/compared to how much they need.
Check for the stage of development, any MVP, beta platform, whitepaper etc.

Also be a wolf, not a sheep, act on your own guts and plans, don't follow the status quo.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:54:37 AM

As someone else mentioned DYOR (Do your own research)

Check for the degree of transparency, legit team, LinkedIn, whitepaper etc.
Check for community, activity level on channels, media presence etc.
Check for use case impact, innovative use case? competition? Market size etc.
Check for funding structure, amount of tokens, supply cap, how much money that they want to raise/compared to how much they need.
Check for the stage of development, any MVP, beta platform, whitepaper etc.

Also be a wolf, not a sheep, act on your own guts and plans, don't follow the status quo.

This is so true. There are good ICO's and there are also scams. Better to check those mentioned above or your sorry of your investments. There are legit company with existing business that raised for ICO to source out funding.
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:19:06 PM

Some are, others maybe not. Due diligence is the most important thing. Don't invest because somebody on a forum says it is a good idea, investigate properly, read the whitepaper and check the background of the people behind the project. However, even if a project is not a scam, it may still fail.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:24:39 PM

There are a lot of new ICOs right there, but I think less than 1% will be really successful
actually, 25% of them are successful. 50% are scammers and the rest will fail cause their project can not make the world better or supply what people need. Some ICOs are useless and therefore if you want to invest in ICOs, think clearly before making a deposit
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:25:34 PM

ICO = scammy distribution model.

Why would anyone participate in a scammy distribution model? I just don't get it.

Well not all ICOs are scam many of them are very successful and raised some handsome amount of money. Few black sheeps  are there in every field and in ICO there are few which are scam. To avoid lose of money thoroughly investigate the team and the projects there LinkedIn id, whitepaper, target market and how innovative the idea is.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:30:28 PM

Depending on the type of token you will have different value propositions. We distinguish between three general types of tokens:
Type one: usage token; work token; asset-backed token
Type two: native blockchain token vs. app token
Type three: useful token vs. useless token
Different projects are at various development stages at the time of their ICO. Some are only ideas others have working alphas. Depending on the stage of the project you can draw your own conclusions:
Does the project have only a landing page?
Did they write a whitepaper? How relevant is it?
Running prototype?
Blockchains are all about trust and transparency, therefore, security is a big part of a project especially if it has to do with smart contracts. Writing secure smart contracts is a difficult task:
Audits: were there any external audits of the code? If yes by whom?
Is there a testnet where people could play around with the app and test it?
Even though many governments still lack any regulations, this does not mean that the developers have the full freedom to do whatever they want. Their business idea might not even be allowed:
Regulation: how national and international laws could affect the business model?
In order for a company to succeed its product needs to solve a real world problem. Relying only on a good idea won’t cut it:
Value proposition: What problem does it solve?
Demand: Is there any demand for the product short term and long term
Social media buzz: Does the project get discussed in the relevant communities even before launch? What is the general opinion? How do experts in the field valuate the project?
Competition & partners: Any announced partnerships? Any competition?
aldrian09

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:12:58 PM

There are a lot of new ICOs right there, but I think less than 1% will be really successful
actually, 25% of them are successful. 50% are scammers and the rest will fail cause their project can not make the world better or supply what people need. Some ICOs are useless and therefore if you want to invest in ICOs, think clearly before making a deposit

True! Out of 100 ICO that has sold out there are only of those that is successful and really follow their roadmap most of the ICO now a days has the same concept and idea. Investing in ICOs is very risky so it would be better to research all the detail and most importantly the developer and the team backgrounds to make sure if its legit or not.
Icoalert00

Activity: 278

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:24:57 PM

well he or she have to research about the ico that he will be joining at because if he/she weren't did that the money that he invest may will be leading into just a trash, if the ico that he join in is failed then he will be not success in the ico,.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:29:08 PM

True! Out of 100 ICO that has sold out there are only of those that is successful and really follow their roadmap most of the ICO now a days has the same concept and idea. Investing in ICOs is very risky so it would be better to research all the detail and most importantly the developer and the team backgrounds to make sure if its legit or not.
This is true,most of the ICO or projects as of now do have already the same concept which makes investors wont really be interested already to put some funds.As you said only a few do really follow their roadmap and striving on developing on their project even more.Most of them tend to fail or having no updates after a certain ico. Its just like accumulating without being serious on the project that they do propose into the public.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

That is the question we all would like to know the answer to, you just have to dyor and make the decision.  There is always an element of risk so just be awre that you could lose what you put in.
Jian Yang

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:30:59 PM

For me, it is almost impossible to define what ICO is the scam. There is always a risk of bankruptcy. But good research could give you at least X2 at the exit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: