Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I buy from bitmain?  (Read 3313 times)
regna437@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:09:14 PM

Ive recently been a victim of a scam sell site for $5000. So I would like to buy from bitmain themselves but its been months and they not only never have stock but ignore any emails regarding how to pre order machines or when they expect machines. Is there some kind of special requirements you need before bitmain will deal with you?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:12:29 PM

No, you just have to wait until the next batch is announced and then jump on it.  Consensus is watching BM's Twitter account will let you know soonest possible.
Emailing them asking when the next batch is for sale is fruitless... Tongue

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
LightZ

Activity: 772
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:59:16 AM

Yeah just check their Twitter every once in a while
https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech

Antminer.reseller

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:39:32 PM

A lot of newcomers here and newbie, suddenly said to have been in scammed. Why did they before the scammed not come here first?

Can you provide proof, that you have been scammed? and what the site ?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:54:52 AM

You go to their site and buy the miner, pay in time and then you will get shipping confirmation and your miner if customs and everything goes right. Their twitter account, as mentioned before, is a great way to find when batches are released. Make sure you pay in time, though- this is important, as they've changed their rules slightly when people were selling L3 and D3 preorders.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:31:39 PM

Which site was it may I ask?
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:09:54 PM

A lot of newcomers here and newbie, suddenly said to have been in scammed. Why did they before the scammed not come here first?

Can you provide proof, that you have been scammed? and what the site ?

Most probably a lot have been reading elsewhere, then trying to buy into with reading here and there (not exclusively on BCT) then getting scammed, registering because all of a sudden they have something to actually join the conversations about Smiley
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:07:57 PM

Why would they limit sales, they make the same amount if they don't and they have less support hassle dealing with fewer folks.

Down side of the not-quite-a-monopoly Bitmain has had in the SHA256 mining space for the last couple years.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
drubas

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:11:54 PM

I.) Follow Bitmain on Twitter

II.) Wait for a new version of the respective preferred miner (much better efficiency)

III.) Wait, wait, wait... 

IV.) Stay hungry and keep your bitmains homepage open at least one hour before the sale starts. Keep refreshing...

V.) Buy it and have fun.

I hope it helps.

All the best

B.D.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:34:41 PM

II.) Wait for a new version of the respective preferred miner (much better efficiency)

IV.) Stay hungry and keep your bitmains homepage open at least one hour before the sale starts. Keep refreshing...

V.) Buy it and have fun.

I hope it helps.

All the best

B.D.
LMAO!!!! ALL TRUE! Awesome post!! ( you forgot; stay up all night for a week straight )

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:13:35 AM

V.) Buy it and have fun.

I hope it helps.

All the best

B.D.
LMAO!!!! ALL TRUE! Awesome post!! ( you forgot; stay up all night for a week straight )
That's what the Twitter is for. Bitmain loves to announce new batches and if your phone or device is set to ring whenever a new batch tweet comes out, you'll be up pretty quick. Some people likely have buy bots for the miners as well.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:57:50 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 03:08:15 AM by GMPoison

That's what the Twitter is for. Bitmain loves to announce new batches and if your phone or device is set to ring whenever a new batch tweet comes out, you'll be up pretty quick. Some people likely have buy bots for the miners as well.

I know that for the last batch they announced it on twitter only 2 hours before releasing it. Have they been known to always tweet before they release a new batch, even if it were as short as 2 hours before the release like last batch? Setting up a twitter to only follow Bitmain to get a loud alert on your phone when they announce a new batch seems to be a much better system than just getting lucky or staying awake 24/7.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:03:16 PM

I've had decent luck reading Tea Leaves, but I'll admit only 50% accurate.......LOL

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:30:26 PM

It is nearly impossible to buy Bitman products in eu.

From official eu page

For Antminer S9: "All 30th november units were sold out during the pre-order periode.  We recommend you to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on (new) product releases."
For Antminer L3+:"All 1th october units were sold out during the pre-order periode.  We recommend you to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on (new) product releases."
For Antminer D3: can't buy it here.
There is no official EU page.

Only buy Bitmain products from their official website www.bitmain.com

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:07:10 AM

You are not going to get a current production miner for less than what Bitmain charges direct.  If that is what you are looking for.  There is no wholesale price for miners unless you are buying 500+ direct from Bitmain.

I have probably purchased 30-40 miners from them over the years.  You just have to have btc ready so when Bitmain starts selling you can jump on and purchase within the first hour.

I would not trust any secondary vendor, except Bitmain Warranty.  Nor do you want to pay their inflated prices on Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, etc.  At least not for an S9.  Bitmain's prices for the L3+ and D3 are much lower in relation to how long they will take to pay for themselves as compared to the S9.  So I can see paying more for them with a secondary vendor.

Build some GPU rigs in the interim while you are waiting for the next batch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: