Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone get that feeling?  (Read 709 times)
Holohippo (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:07:46 AM

That all these topics and threads are pure shill and pump?

anyone see a trend in these forums that the main posts are about the flavour of the month pump coin? Then when it dies no one talks about that coin.

I'm seeing it.

Talk about how I'm a newbie, but I've been reading for a while..

Just a reminder to do your own research, half these threads are now about "WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY 10,000$ TELL ME WHATS THE BEST THING FOR 2018"

Meanwhile 90% of people do not understand block-chain technology is, in slightest.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:21:03 AM

anyone see a trend in these forums that the main posts are about the flavour of the month pump coin? Then when it dies no one talks about that coin.

I'm seeing it.

Just a reminder to do your own research, half these threads are now about "WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY 10,000$ TELL ME WHATS THE BEST THING FOR 2018"

Meanwhile 90% of people do not understand block-chain technology is, in slightest.

You forgot to add the "XXXXXX Coin to the MOON!!" threads. That being said, this is the "Speculation (Altcoins)" forum section. It makes sense that people are going to make speculations about altcoins, does it not?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Holohippo (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:38:00 AM

I'm seeing it.

You forgot to add the "XXXXXX Coin to the MOON!!" threads. That being said, this is the "Speculation (Altcoins)" forum section. It makes sense that people are going to make speculations about altcoins, does it not?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

speculation is different than shill and pump
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:43:07 AM

I knew that this forum section was to talk about speculations/pumps/dumps, if you dont like it then you can go to Altcoin discussion and there you will find whathever you want, if you wanna read about Ethereum, Monero or even litecoin then you would do that in there.
I think we must have a section were we can talk about ICOS/pumps opportunities because that is an investment, isnt it?
Holohippo (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:48:03 AM

I knew that this forum section was to talk about speculations/pumps/dumps, if you dont like it then you can go to Altcoin discussion and there you will find whathever you want, if you wanna read about Ethereum, Monero or even litecoin then you would do that in there.
I think we must have a section were we can talk about ICOS/pumps opportunities because that is an investment, isnt it?

My point is not that we do not talk about such things, its that its littered with garbage more so than any of the relevant things we want to talk about.
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:53:57 AM

It's the same thing for Bitcoin. People are just deluded enough to believe the lies about how perfect it is.

Litecoin is hot garbage. Dash too. Eth too. Segwit is SHIT, a conjob to implement ever increasing taxes on the btc chain. Most of these 30-500 million valued coins on coinmarketcap will crumble into oblivion.

There is euphoria right now, it's what scams thrive on, they're pumping extra helium in to stop the leak on the hindenburg that is cryptocurrency. Undoubtedly digital payments are the future but this? The current market situation is a fad, it'll come and go. Taking and making millions for many time and time again.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
greyworld

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:59:56 AM

I'm seeing it.

It can be hard to see past the pump but there's other elements as well.  Sometimes I speculate that an altcoin is about to take a dive, like I did with MCO recently just before it did in fact take a dive.  Some view that as FUD, the opposite of shilling, but I think as a community it's helpful for us to try to help each other if we can, so I do my part when I'm able.  At times, you're right, I'm blatantly pumping a coin, because I hold that asset and I want it to do well, and raising awareness of it helps.  But I wouldn't pump a coin if I didn't legitimately think it had a good chance in the market.    And sometimes I just post about how I think bots are manipulating the prices of assets, without really talking about any particular asset because in that case it's irrelevant.

So just speaking for myself, I don't think what you're saying is always true.  It's true a lot of the time, but that's expected and you have to figure out how to look past it.

Unfortunately, a lot of pump groups pay people to post here, and they really have no interest in whatever they're pumping, they're just trying to get some sort of handout in exchange for being astro-turf (fake grass roots support).  I agree it would be nice to do something about that but what is there anyone could do?  Shut down the forum?

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
dadonn

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:12:02 AM

In my short time here, it appears to have gotten worse already. Speculation is about what you think is going to go up or down and why. There are tons of unsubstantiated claims and transparent efforts to get people to buy a coin and in less common circumstances, to sell it. I try to be one of the few that is honest as there really is no point in being otherwise. It's pretty insane that an anonymous someone would have the power to move a marketplace by talking it up or down in a forum. Weird really.

When I asked about Deep Onion, i.e. what makes it needed or different, clearly no one wanted to answer. Is sharing the news that it's not necessarily special going to kill the dream for everyone? Is the question going to cause a mass exodus? There's ebay, tradesy, firstdibs, real real, etsy and so forth. There are also lots of anonymity coins. Most coins are replicas of another with often no change or barely any. The genie's not going back in the bottle.

The overarching point here is that the hope would be to have a community of people who can help each other, assist in making determinations, offer information, shorten the curve of research etc. I'm tired of transparent attempts to stave off someone's desperation or trying to get sold on a coin because the poster bought it at 1/10 the price.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:20:33 AM

I'm seeing it.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Exactly. That is what really the purpose of this tread and I think OP was was not familiar with the word "speculate". It looks like he is really tired seeing those.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:00:44 AM

Yeah I sometimes I got that feeling. But it is pretty much normal behaviour. There are lot of fraud link poster or pump shill accounts here. You can secure yourself by reading it completely. Also speculations aren't that bad as you think. I personally love speculative coins to nearly dead ones.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
Archimedes

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:08:42 AM

Well... I'm a newly registered user but have reading a while here. I'm  not shilling any coins though.  I think speculation is good if one is balanced about it. I think  user track record is the most important thing when evaluating whether you should take a particular prediction seriously. A guy with 5 posts that says  such and such is going to increase 25x should  most likely be ignored but if the person has made  12 of 15 then I'll  take it seriously. It's very easy here  to quickly move past  posts that can be ignored( Someone just told me to buy 100  coins at $1000 a piece....)
Aquazi

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:23:59 AM

I'm seeing it.

Yes, I do not trust anybody on the internet over cryptos.

Anybody has its own purpose which is make money for **himself**, not for somebody else.

No matter what topic you go, each time you see "this coin's so good and undervalued" you should read "I bought this coin and I hope it pumps so I can jump out".

I use to say bad things in my comments, even on the coins I own as aswell.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:04:09 AM

I'm seeing it.

It makes sense caused by those bunch of newbies can try to browser the more information regarding the trading in some old threads or various thread that contain a lot of information about how to trade.
It looks like to  make another shitty topic in my understand. But some newbies has made to shilling the project too.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: