Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin ‘Milestone’ Trading Sends Price Over $60, Market Cap Hits $3 Bln  (Read 533 times)
real_links (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:38:48 PM

Litecoin has hit what creator Charlie Lee has called two “milestones,” passing $60 and a $3 bln market cap for the first time.

Data from Coinmarketcap showed Sunday delivering Litecoin’s best performance in its four-year history based on Chinese and South Korean trade volumes.

At press time, its market cap had increased further to $3.2 bln, while cross-exchange prices averaged around $61.50, slightly below the all-time highs reached Sunday.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-milestone-trading-sends-price-over-60-market-cap-hits-3-bln

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:49:26 PM

I have a handful of Litecoin and it's nice to see over a 50% return, but I wouldn't call these milestones.  These milestones were hit at least partially due to the over growth of crypto, not Litecoin.  I want to see their roadmap executed; smart contracts, lightning network, confidential transactions, etc...

https://litecoincore.org/

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

I made a bunch of LTC physical coins back in the day. I guess it might be time to find these and redeem!
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:58:23 PM

Litecoin is still undervalued. I think it has potential to rise even more than 10x and reach Ethereum market cap. I won't be surprised if I see Litcoin price at 500-1000 dollar. Litecoin is one of most secure investments and attracts lots of investors.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:03:21 PM

I have a handful of Litecoin and it's nice to see over a 50% return, but I wouldn't call these milestones.  These milestones were hit at least partially due to the over growth of crypto, not Litecoin.  I want to see their roadmap executed; smart contracts, lightning network, confidential transactions, etc...

https://litecoincore.org/

When that happens, the price will definitely grow exponentially.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:16:54 PM

Litecoin and Ethereum, Monero and Dash, Doge and Btc. in the real world none of them are in use except Bitcoin which only a few thousands of

Merchants are accepting it online, everywhere I go to register an account and purchase something which I really need all I get is paypal and credit

Card options, besides most of the online service providers require identification, if they want to accept Bitcoin or any other coin they will ask for your

Identity regardless. next time if you see companies like AWS and MS are accepting Litecoin or Bitcoin come here and talk about it. $3B marketcap share

Means nothing.
sylance

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:46:33 PM

Litecoin and Ethereum, Monero and Dash, Doge and Btc. in the real world none of them are in use except Bitcoin which only a few thousands of

Merchants are accepting it online, everywhere I go to register an account and purchase something which I really need all I get is paypal and credit

Card options, besides most of the online service providers require identification, if they want to accept Bitcoin or any other coin they will ask for your

Identity regardless. next time if you see companies like AWS and MS are accepting Litecoin or Bitcoin come here and talk about it. $3B marketcap share

Means nothing.

True enough, but gold has value and very few merchants are accepting a gold bar for currency.  Value is not measured solely by merchants who accept it but rather the total demand (which merchants are a part of) for the asset versus the total supply of the same asset.  We're so early in this crypto revolution; but I do think I agree with the principle of your point.  I don't think Bitcoin will evolve into a micropayment solution, I think that ship has sailed.  Bitcoin will be a safe harbor to store value when fiat goes crazy, while something else will take over for micro-payments. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
stunvn

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:53:27 AM

If you bought LTC using your BTC 1 month ago, you are in deep shit  Embarrassed
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:08:51 AM

Yes bitcoin has increased 40 percent and litecoin has only increased by 37 percent since July 29th. I'm sure some stressed individual is suffering bowel problems over that  Roll Eyes Hopefully most folks are just happy with fantastic profits no matter what coin they held.
Barbarian

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:45:37 AM

Litecoin is still undervalued. I think it has potential to rise even more than 10x and reach Ethereum market cap. I won't be surprised if I see Litcoin price at 500-1000 dollar. Litecoin is one of most secure investments and attracts lots of investors.
I agree with this, I do not see Ethereum being the number two coin, if bitcoin is gold and litecoin is silver then litecoin needs to be on the number two spot only behind bitcoin I think it is going to take some time but I think it will eventually get to that spot.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:23:10 AM

this is great because litecoin really deserves the rise that it sees. most of the altcoins are worthless and their developers are a bunch of lazy uneducated people who only want more money. but with litecoin you can at least see the devs put some effort in improving the coin for real not just releasing useless stuff for attention.

Litecoin and Ethereum, Monero and Dash, Doge and Btc. in the real world none of them are in use except Bitcoin which only a few thousands of Merchants are accepting it online,

it is a lot more than that for bitcoin.
and also coins like litecoin always had some merchants, you can find them on their official website too. and with SegWit and lightning network and then the atomic swap this will only grow more.
and Monero is like THE anon coin and it has its own usages in the real world even if they are mostly in dark places of the internet Wink

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Barbarian

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:40:23 AM

Yes bitcoin has increased 40 percent and litecoin has only increased by 37 percent since July 29th. I'm sure some stressed individual is suffering bowel problems over that  Roll Eyes Hopefully most folks are just happy with fantastic profits no matter what coin they held.
True, people are overly dramatic over losing a few percent here and there, obviously no one likes to lose but if you make a trade and only lose 3% then things are not as bad, then when you make some good trades your earnings to losses ratio is going to be great and you are going to get profits.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:12:29 AM

I think gaining value or getting attentions isn't really milestone at all. Litecoin deserves public advertisement now. Otherwise it will stay as 'just another altcoin' in the market.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:16:19 AM

True, people are overly dramatic over losing a few percent here and there, obviously no one likes to lose but if you make a trade and only lose 3% then things are not as bad, then when you make some good trades your earnings to losses ratio is going to be great and you are going to get profits.

Haha,,, good points. I don't even stress that my XEL lost 50% anymore because I have now made it back with the LTC I had. Investment funds is like gambling, in a way, for me. I spend it and I don't expect to make anything from it. 2 and 3% is great news because it means you know when to get out. That is the meaning of discipline.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀