Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory - Transaction not showing after Restoring of Paper Backup  (Read 326 times)
KlausKleber1967 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:24:27 PM

Hello,
I'm a little frustrated as the described problem could not be solved even after consulting different websites and trying different solutions.
I must admit that I'm not a Bitcoin professional so the solution could maybe be a very easy move that I did not think of.

So here's the problem:
I restored a paper backup within Armory.
Actually the restored BC adresses match the origional wallet (on another computer) perfectly (as well as the connected priv keys).
But Armory is showing 0 balance but there's money in the wallet.
I found out the the adress I used to transfer the BC to is wrongly shown as "unused" in the restored wallet.

One idea of mine is to "change" the adress from unused to used as I guess armory is only scanning the BC for transactions and funds that belong to "used" adresses.
But I have no clue how this works of if this is possible.

Here's what happened:
   1. I installed Armory (Version 0.93,Bitcoin Core 0.14.0) on one computer "PC1".
   2. As the blockchain was too large I moved these files to an external HDD (adjusting the Armory Link / Datadir; and the Location of the Bitcoin core).
   3. Than I bought some BC on an exchange.
   4. Generated a receiving adress within Armory and transferd the BC from the exchange to Armory.
   5. -> Everything OK so far. The BC's showed up in Armory.

1. some month later I wanted to "bring" the Bitcoins and Armory to a new computer "PC2".
   2. I installed Armory (now 0.96 and BC Core 0.14.2) on the new computer.
   3. Again I swapped the Datadir and the Location of BC Core within Armory.
   4. There had been problems (I guess because of the different versions of Armory and BC) so I searched for a solution
   I found the solution to: Delete the folder:  C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases (in my case the one on the external HDD)
   Source:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1683281.0 (in fact I copied the files before to another location)
   5. The database (of Armory I guess) was rescanned and the client worked fine
   6. But it showed 0 Balance

What I tried so far:
   1. Looked up the first BC adress that I transfered the BC from the exchange. This is the first "receiving" adress of Armory (in the old version on PC1 and the new version on PC2).
   It shows the funds had been tranfered to this adress.
   2. Rebuild and rescanned the database on PC2
   3. Tried to import the priv Key of adress 1 into armory. this gave me the error that the key / adress does already exist. -> correct it's in the wallet but "unused"

Could someone tell me how this issue could be solved?

Best
Klaus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skrotnissen

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:34:27 PM

Hello.

I had the same issue with version 0.96. When I upgraded to 0.96.2, it worked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: